PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Can you paraphrase? I can't listen to this at work.

D 'n C are morons, but it is interesting to hear what Brady had to say on the whole situation.

D 'n C are morons, but it is interesting to hear what Brady had to say on the whole situation.

Well..the man is right, if they stuff the box to stop the run, why would they run it anyway and throw Maroney or Faulk to the wolves?? Doesn't seem fair or practical. If a defense is showing you their hand and you decide to play into it anyway, then why even show up?

Last edited:
Can you paraphrase? I can't listen to this at work.

I don't have much time but he said..

"Who cares what other people think."

"It's our job to score points on offense."

"If the other team is stacking the line to stop the run late in the game, we're going to pass the ball to avoid injury and keep the drive going."

the most important thing I heard him say was, "As Mr. Kraft always tells me, it's a good problem to have if people are complaining about us scoring too many points."

So that would seem negate the assertion that Kraft is somehow uncomfortable with this.

Brady sounded great. Mr Kraft thinks scoring lots of points is a great problem to have. Going to look for weaknesses in the Colts game that he and the team can exploit.

Great interview. Loved the Red Sox shoutout. They're conscious of the scoreboard, but they feel it's their job to play football. He seemed exasperated when answering questions about that, like, "are you serious?"

It seems so weird that the "classy" way to behave with a huge lead in the fourth involves basically doing the opposing D's homework for them. They're 'supposed' to run and be stopped, presumably. That's the Classy Way!

The more I think about this, the dumber it seems. But you know, many people were also saying back when Spygate broke that we were going to crush everyone in the league....now that's it's happening people are angry? Why? Because what they thought would happen is actually happening? I just really don't get it.

This fairly new concept that you should try to practice failing in the 4h quarter, or give up points to a team who can't earn them on their own merits if you aren't, is really novel.

Football players who don't play hard and smart for 60 minutes end up losing games they should have won every week. Even backup QB's who fail to play well inthe 4th quarter of blowouts routinely end up on the unemployment line. It's not Bill's fault that the NFL is fielding a sub standard to the point of fraudulent product this season, with the exception of a handful of elite teams with the capacity to play competitively against each other or even each others backups. But rather than blame incompetent owners and GM's and coaches or overhyped and compensated players with delicate inflated egos the media has fed ad nauseum, it's more palatable to point fingers at the unlikeable guy who doesn't play footsies with any of these talking heads for fielding a team that is showing up inferior to the point of imcompetent competition that belongs to all their talkative pals. A team that doesn't provide any drag queens or drama queens to drive story lines and media focus through the week because they are too busy quietly preparing for the next opponent.

The NFL has allowed the media to create an atmosphere where celebrity and story lines trumps playing the game at a higher level. Last night MNF featured yet another sappy Brett Favre ball washing of epic proportions that was almost ruined by an equally inept opponent's ability to make a few plays at the end of a blather filled evening. They were gearing up for tears of disappointment when one of the most overhyped secondaries of the season allowed Brett to redeem an otherwise typically crappy performance by connecting on a wide open bomb. And so the mediots all went home happy...

It's not about winning games any more. It's about providing sappy story lines and winning hearts and minds. That's what happens when a league can't achieve parity and instead achieves mediocrity. The sore thumbs that stand out because they refuse to be mediocre become targets. And the least likeable among them is the one who shows the mediocre up the most by winning consistently by wide margins they won't apologize for.

Pat's fans need to decide what matters most to them. Being popular or winning. The team has already decided.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey