PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

brady on WEEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
kierkegaard said:
Exactly, he is vocal when he needs to be and wants to be. But when stuff goes wrong, especially when its his fault, he keeps it to himself. Thats been the Brady I've always seen. Madden definitly didn't know what the hell he was talking about.

Brady doesn't throw his team under the bus, true! However he usually goes and gets in guys faces when things aren't going well---he did none of that last night and i think that's what madden was speaking to.

However he prob doesn't know any of these guys well enough to get in their faces!

mtbykr said:
Brady doesn't throw his team under the bus, true! However he usually goes and gets in guys faces when things aren't going well---he did none of that last night and i think that's what madden was speaking to.

However he prob doesn't know any of these guys well enough to get in their faces!

He's more disappointed at himself. He's the vet. He knows it's up to him.

Sad to mad is good. I think Brady's going to take charge now.

mtbykr said:

Or maybe he really does blame himself and can't get in his own face.

Why is Brady on WEEI anyway.? He needs to back off on the interviews and the press conferences. He needs to focus on what he can do to improve his own play. Right now, Brady is distracted trying to mind everone else's business. Remember 2001, when he was bascially along for the ride? He needs to get back to just being "part of".

This thread is confused. Some of you are saying he was yelling and others are saying he was stone-faced. Which is it? I only saw about half of the game and didn't notice anything unusual in his demeanor. He was plenty animated as he always is when I was watching. He's a fiery competitor. I saw him yelling at the refs and talking to his receivers after a blown play. Don't listen to that moron Madden. He just likes to spout off whatever comes to his mind and more often than not he's full of sh*t. Their script was such that they took every possible opportunity to mention Deion Branch to the point where I was was very close to heaving large items at my tv set.

I also heard his interview this morning and also thought that was typical Tom. He's able to move on and not let crappy games drag him down. Things just roll off of him which is a large part of what makes him cool under pressure.

Drewwho said:
and your point is what? he should continue the sulking into the morning or is he faking being positive the day after!

He's faking.

The somber mood/defeated body language or whatever you call it that Brady showed during the Denver game was not caused by mourning Deion Branch. It was not caused by anger towards the front office. It was caused by the fact that Brady knows the passing game better than anyone else, and he KNEW we weren't ready to pass the ball on Denver. He knew that his receivers would continue to be well covered all night, that if a route adjustment were needed, they wouldn't be ready to make it. He knew it wasn't the receivers' fault, but the receivers were going to give him no chance to win. When you know you're doomed (for 6 to 26 more games), it's understandable to be in a less-than-great mood.

brady et al fan said:
This thread is confused. Some of you are saying he was yelling and others are saying he was stone-faced. Which is it? I only saw about half of the game and didn't notice anything unusual in his demeanor. He was plenty animated as he always is when I was watching. He's a fiery competitor. I saw him yelling at the refs and talking to his receivers after a blown play. Don't listen to that moron Madden. He just likes to spout off whatever comes to his mind and more often than not he's full of sh*t. Their script was such that they took every possible opportunity to mention Deion Branch to the point where I was was very close to heaving large items at my tv set.

I also heard his interview this morning and also thought that was typical Tom. He's able to move on and not let crappy games drag him down. Things just roll off of him which is a large part of what makes him cool under pressure.
First half, downcast and quiet; second half: occasionally fiery, even put an F-bomb on ref.
As for Madden, he may look like a buffoon but he's nobody's fool. He also needs to fill the void, say stuff, and what better than talking about a great QB struggling? I hope Brady is ready to move on. Even though I like Madden, I don't need what I think is a class team getting all this garbage dumped on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes