PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on Weei radio Weds morning 5/30

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henroc

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Brady was on the dennis and callahan show this morning talking about various think i.e. super bowl, funny or die, otas, etc click herr to listen in . http://audio.weei.com/hosting/media/weei/1598198/brady-53012-dc.mp3

One thing of interest which i did quote from him seemed like it was directed towards ochostinko... This is a performance-based business, if you’re not on the field performing and helping the team win, you’re not going to be around long, you can’t just think that you’re going to have two redshirt seasons and then you’re going to be the second string behind the fourth year senior and then you’re going to get your chance to play. You’re going to have to establish your own role for yourself. If you don’t, you’re not going to be in this business very long."

Hope this means hes gone.

I listened because I was curious if you might be reading a little too much into the comments. And while some of it applies to young draft picks as well, the really significant part was when he talked about how different guys take more or less time, from weeks to months...and about the trust factor and how if you read a guys eyes in the huddle and you're getting that holy crap look you basically have your answer... Also his comments on anticipation, which Shalise has in her transcription of some of the comments. Wish she'd transcribed more significant comments in lieu of the hair and video chuckles...

He's certainly looking forward to Wes' wedding next month. Will be interesting to see if he attends the Ocho festivities as well.

Tom Brady would like another shot at Saturday Night Live - Extra Points - Boston.com

Reiss has transcribed the Q and A that both of us were taken by.

On how long it takes new players to become comfortable within the Patriots offense.
“It’s different with different players. There’s a lot of things that go into be a good player, especially on our team. Coach Belichick always tells us it’s not an easy program that he runs. Some guys come from other teams, and maybe they’re not really held as accountable on a daily basis, but coach Belichick – if I throw an incompletion, I’m going to hear about it. I think guys come, maybe they’ve been in the league for a while, and they’re like ‘Why is he always yelling? Why is he so tough on us?’ He just tries to keep the pressure on us, because he feels that’s the way that he gets the most out of us. I think that you can tell relatively early the way that a guy responds to that type of coaching, you can look in his eyes in the huddle and see how confident and comfortable he is in what you’re asking him to do. Sometimes you get in the huddle and I’m looking at the guy and he’s looking at me, and he’s got this expression on his face like, ‘Oh God, what’s the play? Am I going to know where to go? Am I going to know how to do it? Am I going to be able to do what the coaches are asking me to do?’ Some guys you know right away, some guys it takes a couple of months. Obviously it can’t take forever. This is a performance-based business, if you’re not on the field performing and helping the team win, you’re not going to be around long, you can’t just think that you’re going to have two redshirt seasons and then you’re going to be the second string behind the fourth year senior and then you’re going to get your chance to play. You’re going to have to establish your own role for yourself. If you don’t, you’re not going to be in this business very long.”

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

He's certainly looking forward to Wes' wedding next month. Will be interesting to see if he attends the Ocho festivities as well.

Wes needs to get busy on the Welklings for the babies Brady to throw to. :D

While some say this means Ocho is gone, I say this means that Ocho is gone if he doesn't get it by the end of the preseason. He talks about some players taking months to get it, and that I believe is aimed at Ocho.

Try not to get into the mediot tendency of over-analysing comments. He answered a question thrown at him the way anyone would have answered it...and stated the obvious too. He didn't get ti done last year, so he took his pay cut and that's bought him time until at least the final cuts I would say.

Ochocinco will get his chance in camp and pre season and if he gets it, he'll be ont he team. It's that frigging simple!

Actually the comment about guys eyes in the huddle was football gold. If TFB doesn't have faith in you, you don't play. Most blatant example I ever saw was years ago with Chad Jackson in summer camp. Even when they put him in there on the 1st team with Brady and us fans were rooting for the new guy who looked like a WR monster, Tom ignored him and appeared disdainful.

Last edited:
Ocho better start hanging with Brady more and spending less time at Starbucks. :eek:

In 2009 I was lucky enough to get into the bubble for a 'freinds and family' only (as my neighbor did business w a former Patriot player).

C-Jack was practicing with the 1's and they ran a drill from the 20 about 10 times in a row. Brady was doing everything he could to get the ball to Jackson, but he just couldn't break free (in the back of the e.z.). Nine out of the ten reps he hit Randy Moss as obviously Randy knew how to get open. The one time he threw to Jackson a perfectly thrown bullet 'bricked' off of his hands.

Last edited:
Try not to get into the mediot tendency of over-analysing comments. He answered a question thrown at him the way anyone would have answered it...and stated the obvious too. He didn't get ti done last year, so he took his pay cut and that's bought him time until at least the final cuts I would say.

Ochocinco will get his chance in camp and pre season and if he gets it, he'll be ont he team. It's that frigging simple!
Exactly what I'm saying. His time here will be until the pre-season cuts at the minimum, if he shows he can handle it he will be kept, if he doesn't he doesn't.

I don't know why Brady even bothers talking to the WEEI morning douche bags. He should be talking to the last football guys on the radio: Gresh and Zolak. The WEEI morning crew (btween commercials) specializes in complaining about baseball players; they have no interest in football.

As bad as Brady calling into the the morning douches, the real mystery is why Jonathan Kraft talks to Felger. It is not like Kraft will get through to that knucklehead. Felgie is great at hockey but does not seem to understand football operations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back