Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady on Weei radio Weds morning 5/30

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Henroc, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Henroc

Henroc Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -0

Brady was on the dennis and callahan show this morning talking about various think i.e. super bowl, funny or die, otas, etc click herr to listen in . http://audio.weei.com/hosting/media/weei/1598198/brady-53012-dc.mp3

One thing of interest which i did quote from him seemed like it was directed towards ochostinko... This is a performance-based business, if you’re not on the field performing and helping the team win, you’re not going to be around long, you can’t just think that you’re going to have two redshirt seasons and then you’re going to be the second string behind the fourth year senior and then you’re going to get your chance to play. You’re going to have to establish your own role for yourself. If you don’t, you’re not going to be in this business very long."

Hope this means hes gone.
  2. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

I listened because I was curious if you might be reading a little too much into the comments. And while some of it applies to young draft picks as well, the really significant part was when he talked about how different guys take more or less time, from weeks to months...and about the trust factor and how if you read a guys eyes in the huddle and you're getting that holy crap look you basically have your answer... Also his comments on anticipation, which Shalise has in her transcription of some of the comments. Wish she'd transcribed more significant comments in lieu of the hair and video chuckles...

He's certainly looking forward to Wes' wedding next month. Will be interesting to see if he attends the Ocho festivities as well.

Tom Brady would like another shot at Saturday Night Live - Extra Points - Boston.com
  3. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Reiss has transcribed the Q and A that both of us were taken by.

New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston
  4. ctpatsfan77

ctpatsfan77 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +623 / 11 / -6

Wes needs to get busy on the Welklings for the babies Brady to throw to. :D
  5. Avenger

Avenger Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

While some say this means Ocho is gone, I say this means that Ocho is gone if he doesn't get it by the end of the preseason. He talks about some players taking months to get it, and that I believe is aimed at Ocho.
  6. UK_Pat37

UK_Pat37 Rookie

Ratings:
    +44 / 5 / -8

#12 Jersey

Try not to get into the mediot tendency of over-analysing comments. He answered a question thrown at him the way anyone would have answered it...and stated the obvious too. He didn't get ti done last year, so he took his pay cut and that's bought him time until at least the final cuts I would say.

Ochocinco will get his chance in camp and pre season and if he gets it, he'll be ont he team. It's that frigging simple!
  7. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,701 / 19 / -12

Disable Jersey

Actually the comment about guys eyes in the huddle was football gold. If TFB doesn't have faith in you, you don't play. Most blatant example I ever saw was years ago with Chad Jackson in summer camp. Even when they put him in there on the 1st team with Brady and us fans were rooting for the new guy who looked like a WR monster, Tom ignored him and appeared disdainful.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  8. BlueThunder

BlueThunder PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0

#24 Jersey

Ocho better start hanging with Brady more and spending less time at Starbucks. :eek:
  9. zoostation

zoostation Rookie

Ratings:
    +7 / 0 / -0

In 2009 I was lucky enough to get into the bubble for a 'freinds and family' only (as my neighbor did business w a former Patriot player).

C-Jack was practicing with the 1's and they ran a drill from the 20 about 10 times in a row. Brady was doing everything he could to get the ball to Jackson, but he just couldn't break free (in the back of the e.z.). Nine out of the ten reps he hit Randy Moss as obviously Randy knew how to get open. The one time he threw to Jackson a perfectly thrown bullet 'bricked' off of his hands.
    Last edited: May 30, 2012
  10. Avenger

Avenger Rookie

Ratings:
    +82 / 4 / -1

#11 Jersey

Exactly what I'm saying. His time here will be until the pre-season cuts at the minimum, if he shows he can handle it he will be kept, if he doesn't he doesn't.
  11. FredFromDartmouth

FredFromDartmouth Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 7 / -4

I don't know why Brady even bothers talking to the WEEI morning douche bags. He should be talking to the last football guys on the radio: Gresh and Zolak. The WEEI morning crew (btween commercials) specializes in complaining about baseball players; they have no interest in football.

As bad as Brady calling into the the morning douches, the real mystery is why Jonathan Kraft talks to Felger. It is not like Kraft will get through to that knucklehead. Felgie is great at hockey but does not seem to understand football operations.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.