PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on WEEI (finished)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BelichickFan

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
I'm copying and pasting his from the &^%* Pats' message board. Not sure if it was from today or yesterday but it is worth reading :

"Brady was just interviewed on WEEI and he said that BB called him Saturday after the draft and told him he expects 40 points per game from the offense with the additions of Maroney and Jackson.

Tom also mentioned that everyone is working hard at Gillette, Seymour is there for the first time in years and he really likes the feel of this year's team. Tom feels that a regular season is made in the off season conditioning program."

BelichickFan said:
I'm copying and pasting his from the &^%* Pats' message board. Not sure if it was from today or yesterday but it is worth reading :

"Brady was just interviewed on WEEI and he said that BB called him Saturday after the draft and told him he expects 40 points per game from the offense with the additions of Maroney and Jackson.

Tom also mentioned that everyone is working hard at Gillette, Seymour is there for the first time in years and he really likes the feel of this year's team. Tom feels that a regular season is made in the off season conditioning program."
When asked who would be the guy to be more involved with the offense this year between Maroney or Jackson. He said Maroney because Jackson has so much to learn in routes and plays.

Said Seymour is coming to the offseason workouts now, but never did in the past. Brady said he felt a sense of commitment from the organization so he's doing everything he can now.

Belichick joked with him about the 40 pts thing and about how he drafted for the offense in general. Brady laughed.

Brady said he will be probable for week 1. Laughing

Asked about Rodney and he said he was doing more weight and harder training than guys who weren't injured. He said he's supposed to be in rehab training but looks far beyond that now.

Feels good overall.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Asked about Rodney and he said he was doing more weight and harder training than guys who weren't injured. He said he's supposed to be in rehab training but looks far beyond that now.
Why am I not shocked? Man, if somebody could just find that damn Fountain of Youth so we can have this guy forever.

Also asked about Adam and Mcginest

When he spoke about Adam he said when people become free agents they could just want to move to another team. Made it seem like Adam just wanted out more than money. Mentioned the they're in another uniform now so they cant help us.

When talking about Mcginest, he said he was more like a grandfather to everyone. You could walk by and he would talk to you. Was a very intimidating person to be next too he said. Thinks Seymour Harrison Geno and Samuel will all become more vocal now.

such great news all around. Cant wait for the football to come back.

After reading the above and how we drafted and the way Rodney is working to come back (he's gonna be a terror!), I'm feeling this year Pat's may kick butt more than usual.

SeanBruschi54 said:
Also asked about Adam and Mcginest
Thanks for the updates, those of us several thousand miles away appreciate it.

SeanBruschi54 said:

Feels good overall.

Take that! All you non-believers!!!!:rocker: :woohoo: :yeahthat:

PATSNUTme said:
Take that! All you non-believers!!!!:rocker: :woohoo: :yeahthat:

DAMN STRAIGHT. Rodney will be ready for week 1, IMO.
MARK IT DOWN!!! :D

Shocked

I'm shocked. BB joked?!:eek:

Thanks for the updates but when I read the title of the thread and it included "Brady" and "finished" I jumped out of my skin.

Hoodie said:
I'm witholding judgment on that until I actually hear it on tape.

CTPatsFan said:

That's usually the best approach. ;)

While the gist I read here was close I heard some things, including realistic assessments and lingering concerns, just a little differently in the actual interview. Though overall is was a very positive outlook based on what he realistically hopes as well as believes will transpire over the next several months.

Combined with his NFLN In Their Own Words segment last night it just underscores how truly lucky we are to have this kid behind center. From all angles he just gets it more than probably any player in the history of this league let alone this team.

CTPatsFan said:

I've reviewed the tape and I think it was more of a threat than a joke. He actually said, "we better score 40 points a game."

Hoodie said:
He always jokes, his jokes are just hidden. Its fun when he publicly embaresses reporters when asking ******ed questions.

"Could Teddy Bruschi have played last night?"

BB- "...................*stare* Well he was dressed...

Hoodie said:

*cold stare*

God does not joke. He speaks naught but the Holy Truth.

Hoodie said:
I've reviewed the tape and I think it was more of a threat than a joke. He actually said, "we better score 40 points a game."

On a serious note, what would comple BB to call Brady on the day of the draft and joke around like that? I'm guessing BB was VERY happy with the results of day 1.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back