PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on WEEI at 9

Status
Not open for further replies.
After blasting the Pats all morning for the ludicrious argument of why the Pats pulled Brady at the end of the game, I can't wait for D&C to sugar coat it and ask a watered down question. Seriously, of all the things to discuss, why are they focusing on this. I guess it is better than their equally ridiculous argument that Welker's career is over.

I swear D&C are in rare form for their stupidity. This town really needs a decent morining sports radio show. Not the crap either station gives us.

Last edited:
After blasting the Pats all morning for the ludicrious argument of why the Pats pulled Brady at the end of the game, I can't wait for D&C to sugar coat it and ask a watered down question. Seriously, of all the things to discuss, why are they focusing on this. I guess it is better than their equally ridiculous argument that Welker's career is over.

I swear D&C are in rare form for their stupidity. This town really needs a decent morining sports radio show. Not the crap either station gives us.

I agree 100%

Where's Brady? I wish he would stand them up.

They seem to be vamping right now. No Brady? :confused:

Last edited by a moderator:
he's on ........

Brady sounds like he had a long night

Heard Brady on with Christian Fauria, and Brady seemed really outgoing and friendly. When he's on with D & C, his mood seems somehow different, IMO.

personally and professionally.. new child...

My wife was saying that given the losses and Welker's injury and the strong, emotional way Tom reacts to losing that it must be a b!tch to be Giselle these days.

Heard Brady on with Christian Fauria, and Brady seemed really outgoing and friendly. When he's on with D & C, his mood seems somehow different, IMO.
I noticed that, too. Same goes for me and most people. When I'm talking to a complete idiot or an ass like either of these clowns, I sound a lot different than I do with a decent human being.

he sounds pretty optimistic. he said that they didn't show alot yesterday, held alot of things back that they practiced all week because they were saving it for the playoffs. said they didnt lose much sleep over the way the game turned out, except for what happened to Welker. Said you cant replace Welker, but it may turn out to be an advantage vs. baltimore because they wont know what to expect, since the focus of the offense will have to change somehow.

My favorite quote:

"How many times has Wes made that cut in his career? But his foot just doesn't land right. How many times have I stood in the pocket with a blitzer coming at me?"

My favorite exchange:

Q: Asks whether Brady can verify the reports that he was playing with three broken ribs and a broken finger

A: "What's the injury report say?"

Best one liner:

"Everyone breaks bones over the course of the year."

NFL Football: a very rough, very random, very unpredictable game.

he's guarded...he knows these guys are just looking for a headline and don't have his best interests at the top of their priority list, so he answers every questions as though it's booby trapped. he's either a natural at dealing with the media or he's been very well-coached.

he sounds pretty optimistic. he said that they didn't show alot yesterday, held alot of things back that they practiced all week because they were saving it for the playoffs. said they didnt lose much sleep over the way the game turned out, except for what happened to Welker. Said you cant replace Welker, but it may turn out to be an advantage vs. baltimore because they wont know what to expect, since the focus of the offense will have to change somehow.

And for all the fans that laughed when many of us said yesterday's game was meaningless both in the standings and for the players themselves, well you heard it from the horse's mouth. They didn't lose sleep over losing, and they held back. You play these games for the same reason you play preseason games, to stay sharp, get on the same page--especially Edeman and Brady. I can't say that they did after the shock of the Welker injury, but they certainly tried.

Obviously, those that said that winning or losing the game would not make a difference were correct.

If you disagree, then essentially you don't believe Brady when he says he didn't lose any sleep over it.

And for all the fans that laughed when many of us said yesterday's game was meaningless both in the standings and for the players themselves, well you heard it from the horse's mouth. They didn't lose sleep over losing, and they held back. You play these games for the same reason you play preseason games, to stay sharp, get on the same page--especially Edeman and Brady. I can't say that they did after the shock of the Welker injury, but they certainly tried.

Obviously, those that said that winning or losing the game would not make a difference were correct.

If you disagree, then essentially you don't believe Brady when he says he didn't lose any sleep over it.

like you i take Brady's word the day after the game that losing the game wasn't a big deal (on the other hand, what would we expect him to say going into the playoffs, "yeah that was a bad loss and it has us down?"), but i do think for TB that playing the game with intensity and, for a time at least, to win was important.

I followed the game on NFLN. Interesting how the announcers spent the whole game moaning how the Texans were failing against 2nd/3rd stringers.

Then you come to patsfans.com and one would believe we needed the game for the playoffs.

I followed the game on NFLN. Interesting how the announcers spent the whole game moaning how the Texans were failing against 2nd/3rd stringers.

Then you come to patsfans.com and one would believe we needed the game for the playoffs.

Exactly. I don't think you can judge the team on this game.

The Welker thing is crushing, but it's the only significant data point you can take away from yesterday, IMHO. And in a lot of ways, that injury was just dumb luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes