PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on track to break former teammate Drew Bledsoe's record?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATRIOTSFANINPA

Pro Bowl Player
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
No,Its not what you think,In fact its something we certainly do not want to see Brady break...

It's Brady breaking Drew Bledsoe's NFL record 691 Pass Attempts in one season that Drew established in 1994

I think we HAVE to see MUCH more rushing attempts or Brady's arm is going to fall off and if he pass attempts 700 times its safe to say after the season that we had a 1 dimentional predictable offense in 2009

100 Pass attempts already in 2 games puts him on that path,The run has to improve and fast before Brady gets murdered at the LOS - I am hoping the run will be more involved and soon.

Last edited:
Meh, once his completion pct. goes up his attempts will drop to normal.

Meh, once his completion pct. goes up his attempts will drop to normal.

I hope so,I cannot remember Brady pass attempting 100 times in a 2 game span in his career,Even in 2007 I don't think he did - Maybe he did once before but I was too lazy to check on it.

EDIT: Just checked and he pass attempted 1 time for 100 in a 2 game span before..it was in 2002 - - unfortunately and scary was that came at the exact time and month span when the team went on a 4 game losing streak,lets hope we don't have a repeat of that.

Last edited:
I hope so,I cannot remember Brady pass attempting 100 times in a 2 game span in his career,Even in 2007 I don't think he did - Maybe he did once before but I was too lazy to check on it.

Highest two week total in 2007 was 93 in weeks 11 and 12, 39 attempts against the Bills and 54 against the Eagles.

Highest two week total in 2007 was 93 in weeks 11 and 12, 39 attempts against the Bills and 54 against the Eagles.

Yep,I looked back and the only time before was when he passed 107 times in 2 games in 2002 and this was the start of a 4 game losing streak...that makes me REAL nervous even though you could rightly say that past history means nothing but nevertheless it was the only 4 game losing skid in Brady's career :eek:.

Last edited:
The winter will soon be here and Fred Taylor will be pounding it.

Yep,I looked back and the only time before was when he passed 107 times in 2 games in 2002 and this was the start of a 4 game losing streak...that makes me REAL nervous even though you could rightly say that past history means nothing but nevertheless it was the only 4 game losing skid in Brady's career :eek:.

The offense is just so much better now than it was back then, even if he continues to struggle I can't imagine the same will happen. It's not as if we have to play the Jets D every week.

The winter will soon be here and Fred Taylor will be pounding it.

He better be or Brady will be pounding the ground with his body.

Lets not rely on Maroney... Right now in the rushing attack I only trust 'Kevin Mr.Third Down Completion Faulk' will come through and thats it right now.

Last edited:
The offense is just so much better now than it was back then, even if he continues to struggle I can't imagine the same will happen. It's not as if we have to play the Jets D every week.

True but we have an even better D in 2 weeks,Baltimore's D puts the Jets D to shame - Reed is just incredible

True but we have an even better D in 2 weeks,Baltimore's D puts the Jets D to shame - Reed is just incredible

I disagree, Reed is a beast obviously but I'd put money on the Jets D being better this year. They don't even have Pace back yet.

I disagree, Reed is a beast obviously but I'd put money on the Jets D being better this year. They don't even have Pace back yet.

I don't think Jenkins will be playing 16 games,His back is really fu(ked up and if he is gone for any period of time that defense will suffer while I think Baltimore has more overall depth.

The Jets will be in the top 5 defenses at the end of the year,Just don't know if they will be in the class of Baltimore and Pittsburgh's yet

I do think our Pats defense will probably be mid pack especially against the run where they really stink at times.

Last edited:
Agreed. The jets have a top defense. It is their offense that is suspect and very beatable.

Agreed. The jets have a top defense. It is their offense that is suspect and very beatable.

Well,Belichick couldn't find a way to beat that offense you say is beatable and suspect...BB is the best coach in the league right?..or are you really saying our defense is not very good?

The defense was good enough to keep the jets to 16 points (and Buffalo to 18). That should have been enough for the patriots to win by at least a touchdown. I expect our defense to be better next time we play. I also expect their offense to be better. And if 16 points is too many for the defense to give up, we could lose again.

Obviously, I expect that our offense will come out of hibernation long before the next jets game.

Well,Belichick couldn't find a way to beat that offense you say is beatable and suspect...BB is the best coach in the league right?..or are you really saying our defense is not very good?

People keep forgetting we only return five starters from last year's D (if I remember correctly).

Even then, Mayo was missing, so that made only four starters from last year in the Jets game, and if not for the missed tackle (Merriweather had an injured ankle) we would have had held them to 9 points which would have been outstanding.

let's give them just a little more time to find their stride.

People keep forgetting we only return five starters from last year's D (if I remember correctly).

Even then, Mayo was missing, so that made only four starters from last year in the Jets game, and if not for the missed tackle (Merriweather had an injured ankle) we would have had held them to 9 points which would have been outstanding.

let's give them just a little more time to find their stride.

In reality as Pats fans thats all we have for now...the future to hope for improvement because right now its not very comfortable in Pats nation judging by the first 15% of the season now in the books.

I'm thinking the Jets' D is superior to the Ravens' D. Sure, Baltimore hits hard, but they've yet to keep opposing offenses from scoring. Even a Croyle-led Chiefs offense was able to put 20+ points on the board, moving the ball relatively well.

Rex Ryan and Bart Scott were big losses for Baltimore. They're still dangerous, but I'm thinking the Jets have a better D.

As for the Bledsoe record, I thought to myself that Brady's stat line from the Jets game was very Bledsoe-esque...

Last edited:
The defense was good enough to keep the jets to 16 points (and Buffalo to 18). That should have been enough for the patriots to win by at least a touchdown. I expect our defense to be better next time we play. I also expect their offense to be better. And if 16 points is too many for the defense to give up, we could lose again.

Obviously, I expect that our offense will come out of hibernation long before the next jets game.

I agree, think everybody needs to take a big "calm down".. if we do not believe that BB and his crew will make changes, we probably should question our loyalty to this team.. does anyone in their right mind believe that this whole thing will not be adjusted??? Step back from the edge, this team is still good for 12 wins..

I think holding an offense to 16 points is beating it, especially when your best defender is out.

The run has to improve and fast before Brady gets murdered at the LOS - I am hoping the run will be more involved and soon.

The running game was pretty good against the Jets. We averaged over 4 yards a carry. They just didn't stick to it. I'm hoping they'll be running the ball more as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back