PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

brady on the last drive

Status
Not open for further replies.

SVN

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
"Three times they got exactly what they needed to keep the ball and the clock moving, including a 6-yard completion to Reche Caldwell on a third and 5 when Brady changed Caldwell's route at the line of scrimmage after realizing the one called would have been fruitless. Smart players get the yardage they need, even if they need the help of an exceedingly smart quarterback to do it.

``This quarterback is a whole 'nother level," Caldwell said. ``That wasn't the play called. He adjusted my route at the line of scrimmage and we got the first down. All I had to do was listen. I know his decision is the right decision.""

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/18/moving_forward_smartly/?page=2

This should calm down the fact that brady is distracted and all...when it comes to finishing it off , he was still playing with the most concerntration.

No wonder I missed that quote, it was in the wRong column - thanks for doing the dirty work in the sewer to find that tidbit.

SVN said:
"Three times they got exactly what they needed to keep the ball and the clock moving, including a 6-yard completion to Reche Caldwell on a third and 5 when Brady changed Caldwell's route at the line of scrimmage after realizing the one called would have been fruitless. Smart players get the yardage they need, even if they need the help of an exceedingly smart quarterback to do it.

``This quarterback is a whole 'nother level," Caldwell said. ``That wasn't the play called. He adjusted my route at the line of scrimmage and we got the first down. All I had to do was listen. I know his decision is the right decision.""

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/articles/2006/09/18/moving_forward_smartly/?page=2

This should calm down the fact that brady is distracted and all...when it comes to finishing it off , he was still playing with the most concerntration.

Great read.

And I also believe Brady's game has been off

HOWEVER, I believe that is due to the fact that he is playing with all new receivers and new runningback.

ANd the receiving style is completely different then what he is used to.

Faster and bigger then Branch, but can't cut as fast as Branch.

This stuff will take time.

And I love the potential of what I see.

sarge said:
Great read.

And I also believe Brady's game has been off

HOWEVER, I believe that is due to the fact that he is playing with all new receivers and new runningback.

ANd the receiving style is completely different then what he is used to.

Faster and bigger then Branch, but can't cut as fast as Branch.

This stuff will take time.

And I love the potential of what I see.

That was a good read.

I agree. It's still very early in the season. The Patriots are 2-0 and are playing Patriots football. They don't blow teams out, they always do enough to win; and like you said, Brady is still developing a rapport with his new back and receivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots