Brady on Suggs - "He Had His Chance"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Brady on Suggs - "He Had His Chance"
By: Ian Logue

The Ravens are still fuming after yesterday's 23-20 loss to the Patriots yesterday, and it's clear that there's no love lost between these two football teams....

I don't think they like us.

I thought TB had the best line: "they do a lot of talking for a team that's beaten us once in nine tries" (paraphrased, but accurate).

Last edited:
Once again, a late Ravens emotional meltdown (and penalty) costs them at a critical point in the game.

They need to grow up.

Hopefully this loss will send them into a tailspin for the next few games. With emotional teams like the Ravens, you know it can happen.

I don't think they like us.

I thought TB had the best line: "they do a lot of talking for a team that's beaten us once in nine tries" (paraphrased, but accurate).

Paraphrased but inaccurate.

Brady said nine YEARS, not tries. Patriots haven't played the Ravens that many times.

I find it more than a little ironic that they're calling Brady a "whiner", yet their newspaper article makes fun of Brady's hair, as if that had anything to do with the outcome of the game. "Grow up" is right.

The Ravens are turning into the Raiders, except they can't even blame their loss on the tuck rule. :rolleyes:

the Baltimore Sun column linked to in that article is pretty funny. my favorite line:

"You don't have to love Belichick, but before you gripe about the Ravens coaching staff, you should probably acknowledge the guy on the other side of the field. If you gave Belichick some illegally obtained spy satellite footage and two weeks to prepare, there is a decent chance he could defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan. He's pretty good at his job."

Why can't we get writers like this in New England? They're either dry, boring tweed jacked sports media types (Dan Shaughnessy) or yellow journalists who aren't even fans of the team looking to get hits by stirring up controversy (Bourges, Felger).

some of the responses to the article in the baltimore sun are worth reading
"Brandon Meriweather's blatant spearing of Todd Heap"
funny... I seem to remember Ray "spearing" OchoCinco last year in Baltimore when he was defenseless. I guess it's a different story when the player whose making the hit is wearing a Raven's uni and they defend their vicious hits by calling this a "man's game".
While you're calling Brady out on whining maybe you should break that mirror out and stand next to him.
Your personal attacks on Brady are a little bit of whining. When he goes home he has 3 super Bowl rings and a Victoria Secret model for a wife, what do you have whating for you that can compare with that?
So Tom Brady gets frustrated and shows his displeasure when he makes a mistake, or his receivers make a mistake, or if he's sacked. This is whining? No, it's called having passion: something clearly lacking in your average Joe. And that's why the Ravens will never be able to elevate their game to the next level. BTW, Nice touch making fun of Brady's hair. That's so original. How did you come up with that?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Last edited:
What I love about Brady's that he's not just a QB, he's a football player. Getting in Suggs face, headbutting his teammates at the end of the Miami game et al. Love it!! Dude loves to play.

the Baltimore Sun column linked to in that article is pretty funny. my favorite line:

"You don't have to love Belichick, but before you gripe about the Ravens coaching staff, you should probably acknowledge the guy on the other side of the field. If you gave Belichick some illegally obtained spy satellite footage and two weeks to prepare, there is a decent chance he could defeat the Taliban in Afghanistan. He's pretty good at his job."

Why can't we get writers like this in New England? They're either dry, boring tweed jacked sports media types (Dan Shaughnessy) or yellow journalists who aren't even fans of the team looking to get hits by stirring up controversy (Bourges, Felger).

good post. The Borges reference is right on. Dale and Holley were talkin' about him looking like his dog died... He had nothing to ***** about.

the funny part is i don't love harbaugh or his dui brother but neither one could defeat the taliban with their spying. belichick is the man.

Good for Tommy, Suggs is a punk and the whole Ravens team is a joke. They cry like little grils after every loss, I.E after the Bungles game they cried over the ref's and when we beat them at home in the 07 season they cried about the ref's.

Grow a pair Suggs and walk like a man not a coward always blaming others because you can't show up in pressure situations....:beatingcoming:

Once again, a late Ravens emotional meltdown (and penalty) costs them at a critical point in the game.

They need to grow up.

Hopefully this loss will send them into a tailspin for the next few games. With emotional teams like the Ravens, you know it can happen.

Yes, I cant agree more. It pisses me off to see McClain shoving people, and to read comments from Suggs that makes him sound like a bitter, sore loser.

Brady nailed it on the head. Lots of trash talk over 1 win in 9 years.

And where does Suggs get off calling the Ravens a 'great playoff team'? They haven't won **** since 2000 when Suggs wasn't even there.

Seems they sure enjoy talking about Brady wanting a flag. I wonder how they feel about Ray Lewis complaining about how games are called.

Oh and another thing, Tom Brady might have a haircut you don't like, but at least he was not in the middle of a murder investigation. If you cheer for a team with Ray Lewis you should not be critical at all of what behavior players from other teams have. Shut up.

I just got to wonder what Brady was all upset about. Seemed like a clean hit.

Brady-Hissy-Fit.gif

And where does Suggs get off calling the Ravens a 'great playoff team'? They haven't won **** since 2000 when Suggs wasn't even there.

This had me screaming. its so freagin' true, they arent that dangerous in playoffs, they barely make it there lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes