PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on Seymour

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm sure that Richard Seymour had multiple opportunites to remain with the New England Patriots. For example, I believe it was his insistence that his last contract extension be a short one so that he could hit the free agency market at age 30. He could have negotiated a longer extension and remained with the Patriots.

I suspect there were also opportunities for discussion of an extension before the trade.

That's fine. Seymour used the leverage of a free agency threat to his advantage, just as the collective bargaining agreement envisions. It's also perfectly fine that the New England Patriots use whatever leverage they have (such as trading a one year rental of Richard Seymour and associated free agency headaches to the Oakland Raider for a future first round pick). Should be no cause for hard feelings on either side. Brady's got it about right.

Life is all about choices. And you can't always have it all. He gets that. Brady made his choice several seasons ago. Winning matters. Being in a top flight organization and a place where his skills can and will be maximized matters. He'll take a little less to keep building on that legacy that matters so much to him and his HC. Same way Tedy felt. Others see it differently, and there isn't anything else he can do a about that. He leads by example, they follow or not at will. He's a good teamate so he doesn't criticize and at times he empathizes. But at the end of the day he does what he believes is in the teams best interest because he truly believes that is also in his best interest. And he justifiably trusts this FO to do what is in the teams best interest more often than not.

I agree, Mo.. completely. It's not like 93 can't make a bucketload of money with the Raiders, or someone else. He's a valuable commodity still, and the NFL is part of the entertainment business.

I worked in Theatre and Film for many years after I left the military. If you think that sports is a cut throat business, you ain't seen nothing like what goes on behind the scenes when auditioning for roles or jobs with the crew.

I agree, Mo.. completely. It's not like 93 can't make a bucketload of money with the Raiders, or someone else. He's a valuable commodity still, and the NFL is part of the entertainment business.

I worked in Theatre and Film for many years after I left the military. If you think that sports is a cut throat business, you ain't seen nothing like what goes on behind the scenes when auditioning for roles or jobs with the crew.

Too bad he didn't get traded to the Seahawks. Could you imagine a Super Bowl against Seattle with Seymour, Milloy, and Branch?

The media would have a field day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back