PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on EEI goes at D&C about running up the score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady quote on EEI about taking him out at halftime (running up the score)

He was getting fired up, probably more than I've ever heard him on the radio.
that happens when your talking to arrogant idiots

To me the biggest news out of this interview is that listening between the lines, Belichick is definitely going for 16-0. Listen to the part when Brady talks about how BB said how damaging losing at this time of year is. They are going to go for 16-0 and BB has already been preparing them for it. WOW.

I don't think that has anything to do with this season specifically. Belichick has said games in November and December are the most important of the season prior to this year. That's more of a team philosophy.

Only in Boston does the best QB to ever play the game have to explain himself to his hometown talk radio. Absolutely disgusting.

totally agree...this has been a weekly occurrence when our own local writers and radio hosts keep asking the same -ve questions.

Re: Brady quote on EEI about taking him out at halftime (running up the score)

that happens when your talking to arrogant idiots

You'd rather have him talk to the sycophants after D&C or the unfunny, yelling fat guys after them.

Start it at the 9:42 moment, that's when they start the running up the score/taking him out comments

Last edited:
He's 100% right, who doesn't want to just destroy every opponent they play? Tom Brady should play as long as he wants, they are trying to get better and if they do get better, it's truly going to be scary

Does anyone have the clip shown on Sunday, Brady pacing the sidelines yelling at the troops, "We're not done yet!, We're not done yet!, We're not done yet!" That was the perfect clue to what this season's about. Couldn't tell which game this was, though.

Wow, they were really giving him a hard time.

Only in Boston does the best QB to ever play the game have to explain himself to his hometown talk radio. Absolutely disgusting.

You're right. It is insulting to the game that players who are really, really good at it should be placed in the same room with anyone who won't simply bow down in worship in his presence.

Maybe WEEI should start sacrificing virgins to him during his radio appearances.

You're right. It is insulting to the game that players who are really, really good at it should be placed in the same room with anyone who won't simply bow down in worship in his presence.

Maybe WEEI should start sacrificing virgins to him during his radio appearances.

So you're saying that WEEI should treat Brady like any Red Sox player who they have on, even the third-string catcher? All right, works for me.

A couple of points that Brady made that probably should have shut up D & C, but likely won't:

He's only played 10 games so far with Moss, Stallworth, Welker, K. Brady. EVERY snap that he can take in a live game with those guys only helps to improve their chemistry together. Their goal is always to keep working on things that will help them play better.

Going for it on 4th down is their chance to try and see what plays will work for them in those situations, even if they're up by 28 points. If they find themselves in a 4th and short late in a game that's tied, it's better if they've worked on that in real game instead of just practice.

Good stuff.

So you're saying that WEEI should treat Brady like any Red Sox player who they have on, even the third-string catcher? All right, works for me.

I'm saying two things:

1) Radio hosts shouldn't feel free to disrespect somebody just because they're only the third-string catcher, and...

2) They should feel free to do their jobs. Listening to Brady get fired up about the running up the score accusations is very entertaining. I certainly like hearing Brady get fired up, and judging from this thread, I can tell I'm not alone. It makes for good radio, and doing what makes for good radio is D&C's job.

It's insulting that a bunch of know-nothing jackasses like D+C would have the gall to argue with Brady on something they don't have the first clue about. Tom refutes their stupid argument over and over and they still keep pressing him about because they're a couple of absolute whiners that can't stand to concede a point. I hope those racist ****s decide to sacrifice themselves by jumping off a damn bridge.

I hope those racist ****s decide to sacrifice themselves by jumping off a damn bridge.

Don't they usually interview Doc Rivers? I haven't heard them call him a racial epithet...plus, they have two African-American "guest" callers...I know they got in trouble for saying some off-color comments in the past but they paid their debt and are putting up ratings.

Good for Brady. I agree with him COMPLETELY. WE MUST CRUSH OUR OPPONENTS. SHOW NO MERCY, IMO. :mad:
For years we wanted this team to have a killer instinct. NOW WE HAVE ONE.
If people don't like it, to bad.
GO PATS!!

Right On!
I've always *****ed about them leaving teams too close, not putting them away and ending up in a tight nail-biting finish.
All I've been asking for years is for them to develope a killer instinct and put somebody away for good!
I was tired of nail-biter endings, I wanted to be able to relax and enjoy and savor a really world class butt whipping!
This has been the year of my dreams, games to enjoy, watching them destroy opponents (the same way the Pats used to get crushed a lot in the old days).
Payback time for all us older fans to relish, can almost hear the Robert Palmer song "Simply Irresistible" in my head as they're driving down for another unanswered touchdown.
No mercy now, they gave us no mercy then, they ran the score up!
Screw them all, I'm a firm believer of the scorched earth, agent orange policy.
Nothing left standing, absolutely eliminate any possibility of anybody not admitting that this is the best team that has ever walked on a football field in any era, systematic, calculating, crushing, no nonsense victories!
We're here, if you don't want to get crushed - - - stop us, this is 60 minutes of football.
Make the Music blaring in the after game locker room be "Another one bites the Dust".
Rock on Pats!!! :rocker:

D+C are throwing veiled shots at BB for keeping brady in the game late and keep mentioning "people around the country" when these 2 idiots are the first proponents of this noise.

It's insulting that a bunch of know-nothing jackasses like D+C would have the gall to argue with Brady on something they don't have the first clue about. Tom refutes their stupid argument over and over and they still keep pressing him about because they're a couple of absolute whiners that can't stand to concede a point. I hope those racist ****s decide to sacrifice themselves by jumping off a damn bridge.

Tom isn't some delicate flower that needs to be protected. He's not some diva pop singer who will throw a tantrum and lock himself in his hotel room and have a nervous breakdown if someone has the gall to disagree with him on the radio.

He knows what he's getting into when he appears on their show, and he does it willingly. He knows the type of crap they're going to say, and, most likely, he even knows that they're saying it to get a rise out of him, because two hours of "gosh, you guys are good" is pretty dull.

I'm saying two things:

1) Radio hosts shouldn't feel free to disrespect somebody just because they're only the third-string catcher, and...

Apparently you didn't understand what I meant. Any and all Red Sox players on WEEI are worshiped and have virgins sacrificed to them. Tom Brady, on the other hand, gets crap for "running up the score." It's unappreciative, and it's something you don't see in any city but Boston.

Apparently you didn't understand what I meant. Any and all Red Sox players on WEEI are worshiped and have virgins sacrificed to them. Tom Brady, on the other hand, gets crap for "running up the score." It's unappreciative, and it's something you don't see in any city but Boston.

Why don't you tell J.D. Drew how well Sox players are treated on WEEI. Then, go tell Donovan McNabb how well QBs are treated in every city but Boston.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back