PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on EEI (12/21)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
As usual, good stuff from #12 today, it was interesting to hear him with a former teammate on air (Fauria).

OTOH, here's a few things that stuck out, and my interpretation of those things:

- He gave Fauria some major props to start the interview, and talked about how guys like him, who played bigger than they were, who played tough, are what the team should be about.
- Clearly Brady must've read patsfans.com last nite :)rolleyes:), b/c he was pretty cognizant of the offense's issues, and talked about one-dimensionality and the need to spread the ball. He said they were looking for Ben during the game but that he wasn't open. I guess Brady & BB aren't ego-centric ball-hogs who only want Moss & Welker to get the ball...go figure.
- He talked about how Maroney is running harder and more decisively now. He compared it to a wideout running routes and a QB making reads decisively - that when its done with confidence, the result is much better, and when there is any uncertainty, its bound to fail.
- He talked about leadership and basically said the team didn't have the vocal leaders it had in the past, and admitted that he wasn't the rah-rah guy & that he missed the Vrabel/Bruschi/Rodney type. He said basically Seau is filling that role, and that his pre-game pep talks are unrivaled. He said players like Harrison don't come along too often.
- Continuing on the leadership theme, he said its unreasonable to expect Mayo to be a team leader in his 2nd year, that's he's just focused on doing his job well.

At that point, I, very unfortunately, got to work, so I missed the rest. Pretty interesting stuff though. While it might be shocking to some of the arm-chair QBs & OCs here that know more than Brady or Belichick, he - and by extension, the coaching staff - seem very aware what defenses are doing to this offense, and the fact that they'll have to improve and adjust very quickly.

Also commented on Weis and him remaining undecided about his future.

As usual, good stuff from #12 today, it was interesting to hear him with a former teammate on air (Fauria).

- He gave Fauria some major props to start the interview, and talked about how guys like him, who played bigger than they were, who played tough, are what the team should be about.
- Clearly Brady must've read patsfans.com last nite :)rolleyes:), b/c he was pretty cognizant of the offense's issues, and talked about one-dimensionality and the need to spread the ball. He said they were looking for Ben during the game but that he wasn't open. I guess Brady & BB aren't ego-centric ball-hogs who only want Moss & Welker to get the ball...go figure.

On that exchange about not throwing to Watson and the TEs, former TE Fauria joked, "Just force it in there!" and Brady replaied, "Yah, that's what Ben always tells me to do."

I really enjoyed Fauria with Brady. Good recap.

While it might be shocking to some of the arm-chair QBs & OCs here that know more than Brady or Belichick, he - and by extension, the coaching staff - seem very aware what defenses are doing to this offense, and the fact that they'll have to improve and adjust very quickly.

I'm shocked. :eek::eek::eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back