PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on D&C, defends BB's call

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Only caught the start of this en route to work, but I thought it was great. It's amazing not only how articulate and convincing Brady is, but how much he clearly cares for Belichick as a coach.

I would've loved to hear what those two jacka**es D&C had to say after Brady basically told them they were wrong and explained why.

I also thought Brady's remarks re: Bruschi were pointed and a very passionate defense of his coach, even if it meant taking a subtle shot at a former teammate.

Really, I think Brady would probably literally take a bullet for Belichick after hearing this interview. The guy loves his coach. And everything he said was true - they didn't execute, and they had MANY chances to end the game, and didn't - so how can anyone pin the game on Belichick?

Also, Brady was not pleased with the ref's spot, but was very political about it.

It Is What It Is Tom Brady on D&C, 11/17

Thanks to Chris Price.

Though I urge people to listen, b/c I thought it came off as a pretty passionate, albeit political, defense of his coach, and probably one of the more convincing arguments I've heard yet re: the play.

It Is What It Is Tom Brady on D&C, 11/17

Thanks to Chris Price.

Though I urge people to listen, b/c I thought it came off as a pretty passionate, albeit political, defense of his coach, and probably one of the more convincing arguments I've heard yet re: the play.

After reading that, I wish the Powers kid had intercepted the pass to Welker and ran it in for the go ahead TD.

After reading that, I wish the Powers kid had intercepted the pass to Welker and ran it in for the go ahead TD.

Well aren't you a hell of a fan :rolleyes: That actually would have been better, strategically, since we'd have a real chance to come back, but I don't think that that's what you were getting at.

On a side note, this quote from Brady pretty much sums it up:

Before that last possession , they went down the field in less than two minutes and scored. We lost a couple of our best pass-rushers in Tully [Banta-Cain], who was banged-up. The same thing happened in the AFC championship game in 2006. We had a third-and-4, we missed it, we punted to them, and they went down the field in less than two minutes to score again. And Tedy was on that field that day. You can argue it a lot of ways.

That's a not-so-subtle "shut the **** up, Tedy" if you ask me.

Last edited:
Does anyone know how i can hear the interview instead of reading it. I went to the WEEI website but they hadn't put it up yet it seems

Well aren't you a hell of a fan :rolleyes: That actually would have been better, strategically, since we'd have a real chance to come back, but I don't think that that's what you were getting at.

That's a not-so-subtle "shut the **** up, Tedy" if you ask me.

No question....Brady tends to gett very defensive as opposed to letting it roll when outsiders verbally criticize players & coaches on the team (see 2005 Marty Schottenheimer). Bru is an outsider now.

Last edited:

I wouldn't go that far - but let's put it this way, Bradys pick earlier in the game has more to do with the loss than Belichick's play-call. Not that I'm putting blame on Brady as he played as good a game as you could ask. Just pointing out that its the players who play the game, and if they pull off that 4th & 2, and I think they did, everyone would be praising Belichick.

I wouldn't go that far - but let's put it this way, Bradys pick earlier in the game has more to do with the loss than Belichick's play-call. Not that I'm putting blame on Brady as he played as good a game as you could ask. Just pointing out that its the players who play the game, and if they pull off that 4th & 2, and I think they did, everyone would be praising Belichick.

Lets face it. if it was jeff fisher or dungy who pulled this move would peter king call them arrogant ? no. its BB. they love to criticize and hate him . that is the point thats all.

What do you guys think of this portion of the interview?

Price: He should be more like Terrell Owens.

Brady: That’s exactly what we need.

Should Bill Belichick have admitted he made a bad decision?

these are the kind of questiosn which drive me nuts. Our boston media wants the sports figures to bow down to them and accept defeat than rather think logically. all these figures CHB to D&C are more pissed at BB not offering himself by being apolegetic than the actual outcomeof the game.

What do you guys think of this portion of the interview?

Price: He should be more like Terrell Owens.

Brady: That’s exactly what we need.
Sarcasm. Listen to it.

I know for me, I was absolutely LIVID after the game. Ask DaBruinz and the Patriots Planet posters. But, the one thing that calmed me down was Brady. I listened to Brady's press conference and how well he handled it as well as his defense of Belichick and I was at ease. I honestly feel that, had I not watched Brady's postgame presser, I would not have been able to sleep that night.

I honestly feel that, had I not watched Brady's postgame presser, I would not have been able to sleep that night.
LOL, I had to get up and take a sleeping pill (just an over the counter thing, no addictions here). My wife told me she almost left the bed and slept elsewhere because once I got to sleep I was restless and tossing and turning all night.

I know for me, I was absolutely LIVID after the game. Ask DaBruinz and the Patriots Planet posters. But, the one thing that calmed me down was Brady. I listened to Brady's press conference and how well he handled it as well as his defense of Belichick and I was at ease. I honestly feel that, had I not watched Brady's postgame presser, I would not have been able to sleep that night.

Same here, completely agree. Seriously I was feeling mighty shytty after that game, and kept turning back to the postgame to see them showing the goober's presser and wanted to vomit. Brady always has good perspective on things and that helps after a loss.

Though I still woke up in the middle of the nite thinking about the game. Which is probably not healthy.

Last edited:
Though I still woke up in the middle of the nite thinking about the game. Which is probably not healthy.

Right there with you on that one. I was completely exhausted all day yesterday because I did not get a good nights sleep after the game. Even though I fully understand that it's a game that has zero bearing on my personal life, I'm amazed at how it ends up affecting me (same thing happened after the SB loss).

I'd imagine that some of the players must have a similar experience given that they're the ones that were actually on the field.

That's a "shut the hell up, Tedy" if you ask me.

I honestly think that's the ultimate (Please be quiet - edited) jab if you ask me. Not much Tedy can say, unfortunately.

Last edited:
Right there with you on that one. I was completely exhausted all day yesterday because I did not get a good nights sleep after the game. Even though I fully understand that it's a game that has zero bearing on my personal life, I'm amazed at how it ends up affecting me (same thing happened after the SB loss).

I'd imagine that some of the players must have a similar experience given that they're the ones that were actually on the field.

I wonder how many felt the same. I couldn't get on this site when the game ended (needed a little mlc--misery loves company--therapy) so I went to bed, but every time I closed my eyes I saw Faulk not being given first down. My neighbor said the same. We're thinking about a 12-step program.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes