Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady on contracts

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Rob0729, Aug 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +810 / 5 / -3

Apparently, Brady addressed the issue with the media today. From Mike Reis' blog:

Contract talk with Brady - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com
    Last edited: Aug 25, 2009
  2. xmarkd400x

xmarkd400x Rookie

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

More than anything else, Brady speaks to his teammates through these kind of press conferences. BB does the exact same thing. Everything Brady said is a piece of advice that can be given to a teammate.
  3. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Darned straight. Leadership by Example. That's how professionals comport themselves, and Coach and TB are both professionals. Think how much better this entire league would be if more players understood what #12 was saying?
  4. jefmblrd

jefmblrd Rookie

Ratings:
    +26 / 1 / -0

#50 Jersey

Class act.
  5. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

Yeah, but so much less entertaining. As long as those guys are around but on different teams, I dig it.

Brady's got to prove he's going stay excellent. We all "know" he will, but as far as jobs paying in the millions, he knows he's got have it coming back together before he has any way to set an asking price.
  6. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,309 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

"It really shows the health of the league. It shows that the league has grown in places like London and into Mexico and Canada. It's a lot of coverage and a lot of people enjoy watching the game. The league is expanding and growing and hopefully I'm able to participate for as long as somebody else wants me."

What TFB is saying is that the league is growing and has lots of revenue. All this in the context of a question about QB contracts. Cool pre-emptive move, Tommy Boy.
  7. Gwedd

Gwedd PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +201 / 0 / -1

#61 Jersey

Yes indeed.... it's all in now he says something without saying much. Those used to listening to politicians speak will understand what he's saying. :cool:
  8. JonVaughnTD

JonVaughnTD Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

LOL, does he really think he and other NFL players are underpaid?
  9. JSn

JSn Rookie

Ratings:
    +32 / 0 / -0

He's either joking around or he means to say that EVERYONE feels they are underpaid for the job they do, you, me and him. Not that I think he'd trade...
  10. efin98

efin98 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think he simply means we all feel underpaid...not just him or the players but everybody.
  11. Mogamedogz

Mogamedogz Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

#80 Jersey

Read between the lines folks. Brady is looking to get paid. And I for one, don't blame him.
  12. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,309 / 15 / -11

Disable Jersey

yes. see post #6
  13. MoLewisrocks

MoLewisrocks PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -0

Read between the lines. Brady wants to be paid fairly. He's no fool. But he doesn't measure value in $$$. He trusts they respect him and will continue to if he does his job. One thing he can't do, even as he sets an example, is sound like a management arm trying to shove their philosophy down his teamates throats. They've all got to make their own choices. He long ago made his decision. Just as BB did (another guy who walks the walk but doesn't talk about it a lot). This franchise is their legacy and these two are all about legacy. They both trust that Kraft won't try to abuse them for being team players. And why would he, that would be terribly short sighted.
  14. BradyFTW!

BradyFTW! PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +303 / 7 / -2

#12 Jersey

So he's looking to get paid but he's focused on the season at hand and is confident that it will all get taken care of. Works for me- can't fault a guy for wanting to get fairly paid for what he does.
  15. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -9

There is one word in this interview (curiously not bolded in the otherwise insightful post #6) that gives me pause.

That word is "else."

I am not a "sky is falling" guy, but it's a testament to the volume of kool-aid collectively consumed here that this is not the word being discussed ad nauseum.

PFnV
  16. bbabin

bbabin Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I initially took it as meaning "anyone else but me (Tom Brady)." And I still do...
  17. Rob0729

Rob0729 PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +810 / 5 / -3

Brady has said in the past he would rather not tarnish his legacy by demanding to be the highest paid player and/or go to another team. Brady will take less than market value to stay. He will still make $14-15 million a year, but he does not want to do to the Pats what Peyton's contract did to the Colts. The Colts didn't go into cap hell, but his contract restricts the Colts from resigning some players and making other moves.
  18. PatsFanInVa

PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +430 / 6 / -9

Huh I see what you're saying, but I dunno. I don't think he's veiled-threatening here, I think he's thinking long term, not talking about right now. But like I said, hmmm.

"The league is expanding and growing and hopefully I'm able to participate for as long as somebody else wants me."
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.