PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady on Branch's drop...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Unsurprisingly, ALL CLASS:

“I’ve missed him when he was open more times than he’s dropped them,†Brady said. “He’s already apologized to me six times.â€

This is an underrated part of rooting for this guy and this team. So many of them are just GREAT human beings. It's really refreshing.

It was like an icebox at the razor tonight...both sides had drops and fumbles...the better team overcomes...next week we get an airconditioned dome...Branch should hang on to everything....hope it's ten for 150 yards

yeah he should have pulled it in, but it didnt really hurt them and we cant expect these guys to be perfect.

Joker said:
It was like an icebox at the razor tonight...both sides had drops and fumbles...the better team overcomes...next week we get an airconditioned dome...Branch should hang on to everything....hope it's ten for 150 yards

I doubt it. That comes in TWO weeks.

Next week I think we play in Denver. I doubt the Bengals win tonight.

I basically had the same reaction as Vinatieri on the sidelines at the time, but It was a tough catch.

RPCity said:
I doubt it. That comes in TWO weeks.

Next week I think we play in Denver. I doubt the Bengals win tonight.

In TWO weeks, we are playing at home.

On the play Branch dropped the ball the clock would have ran out even if caught it. The play started with 11 seconds left in the half and the Pats didn't have any timeouts left. Even if he had caught it, he was about at the five yard line. He was going down to the ground and the Jaquars DB was right behind and probably would have touched him down. The Patriots couldn't have gotten to the line of scrimmage and spiked the ball by the time the clock ran out.

patsox23 said:
Unsurprisingly, ALL CLASS:

“I’ve missed him when he was open more times than he’s dropped them,†Brady said. “He’s already apologized to me six times.â€

This is an underrated part of rooting for this guy and this team. So many of them are just GREAT human beings. It's really refreshing.

Agreed, we are SO fortunate to follow the team that Brady is on. It is one of the things that makes rooting for the Pats such a special experience.

The same success with Marcus Vick at QB would just not be as enjoyable...if it was even watchable. With THIS kind of success Vick would be an unbearable prick.

I love this team!

Brady did say he owes Dion more than Dion owes him. That's the type of guys we have on this team.

We are living in a great time as Patriots fans. Six years ago I could never had imagined it.

PATSNUTme said:
Brady did say he owes Dion more than Dion owes him. That's the type of guys we have on this team.

We are living in a great time as Patriots fans. Six years ago I could never had imagined it.

Here is the quote from Brady...pretty cool...

PRESS: Do you realize Deion Branch owes you one? What did you say to Deion after you dropped it right in his hand?

BRADY: "I've thrown plenty more bad throws to him than he's dropped balls so I think he is still on the plus end of those. He is our best playmaker. He is our best receiver. He is the guy who I'm always getting the ball to so I will keep going back to him, you can believe that."

Willie55 said:
On the play Branch dropped the ball the clock would have ran out even if caught it. The play started with 11 seconds left in the half and the Pats didn't have any timeouts left. Even if he had caught it, he was about at the five yard line. He was going down to the ground and the Jaquars DB was right behind and probably would have touched him down. The Patriots couldn't have gotten to the line of scrimmage and spiked the ball by the time the clock ran out.
That was my thought exactly at the time (and I said so in chat, but noone seemed to agree). He would have not only had to catch it but stay on his feet long enough to make it into the endzone, which turns the play from one where "he should have made the play" into "if only he had made a great play".

Deion is awesome but he's had a few drops this year after having no official dropped passes last year. As much as I love him, he is one of the guys who need to pick his game up a little if we're to keep winning this year. If we play Indy he should have a monster game on the turf. As should Faulk.

Well sometimes you can't catch them all. But I'll say this for Deion he catches the most important ones.

Attachments

• ThrowbackAuthenticHelmet.jpg
    ThrowbackAuthenticHelmet.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 8
Joker said:
no dome in denver... after that, it's back home... pats dont lose tshirt games at home

Last edited:
Deion is a big game player. He has always stepped it up with the game on the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes