Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady on Branch's drop...

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by patsox23, Jan 8, 2006.

1. patsox23

patsox23 Rookie

Ratings:
    +17 / 1 / -0

Unsurprisingly, ALL CLASS:

“I’ve missed him when he was open more times than he’s dropped them,†Brady said. “He’s already apologized to me six times.â€

This is an underrated part of rooting for this guy and this team. So many of them are just GREAT human beings. It's really refreshing.
  2. Joker

Joker PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +1,838 / 16 / -22

It was like an icebox at the razor tonight...both sides had drops and fumbles...the better team overcomes...next week we get an airconditioned dome...Branch should hang on to everything....hope it's ten for 150 yards
  3. PatsFan24

PatsFan24 Rookie

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -0

yeah he should have pulled it in, but it didnt really hurt them and we cant expect these guys to be perfect.
  4. RPCity

RPCity Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

I doubt it. That comes in TWO weeks.

Next week I think we play in Denver. I doubt the Bengals win tonight.
  5. NovaScotiaPatsFan

NovaScotiaPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0

I basically had the same reaction as Vinatieri on the sidelines at the time, but It was a tough catch.
  6. mikey

mikey Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

In TWO weeks, we are playing at home.

7. Willie55

Willie55 Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

On the play Branch dropped the ball the clock would have ran out even if caught it. The play started with 11 seconds left in the half and the Pats didn't have any timeouts left. Even if he had caught it, he was about at the five yard line. He was going down to the ground and the Jaquars DB was right behind and probably would have touched him down. The Patriots couldn't have gotten to the line of scrimmage and spiked the ball by the time the clock ran out.
  8. The Gr8est

The Gr8est Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Agreed, we are SO fortunate to follow the team that Brady is on. It is one of the things that makes rooting for the Pats such a special experience.

The same success with Marcus Vick at QB would just not be as enjoyable...if it was even watchable. With THIS kind of success Vick would be an unbearable prick.

I love this team!
  9. PATSNUTme

PATSNUTme Paranoid Homer Moderator Staff Member PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +183 / 2 / -1

#75 Jersey

Brady did say he owes Dion more than Dion owes him. That's the type of guys we have on this team.

We are living in a great time as Patriots fans. Six years ago I could never had imagined it.
  10. Drewwho

Drewwho Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Here is the quote from Brady...pretty cool...

PRESS: Do you realize Deion Branch owes you one? What did you say to Deion after you dropped it right in his hand?

BRADY: "I've thrown plenty more bad throws to him than he's dropped balls so I think he is still on the plus end of those. He is our best playmaker. He is our best receiver. He is the guy who I'm always getting the ball to so I will keep going back to him, you can believe that."
  11. alamo

alamo praedica numerum! PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +42 / 0 / -0

That was my thought exactly at the time (and I said so in chat, but noone seemed to agree). He would have not only had to catch it but stay on his feet long enough to make it into the endzone, which turns the play from one where "he should have made the play" into "if only he had made a great play".
  12. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +507 / 13 / -11

#24 Jersey

Deion is awesome but he's had a few drops this year after having no official dropped passes last year. As much as I love him, he is one of the guys who need to pick his game up a little if we're to keep winning this year. If we play Indy he should have a monster game on the turf. As should Faulk.
  13. abejarano12

abejarano12 Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Well sometimes you can't catch them all. But I'll say this for Deion he catches the most important ones.

Attached Files:

14. PatsWorldChamps

PatsWorldChamps Rookie

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

no dome in denver... after that, it's back home... pats dont lose tshirt games at home
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2006
  15. bigsid05

bigsid05 Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Deion is a big game player. He has always stepped it up with the game on the line.