Brady on BB in 2004 interview...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AJain

On the Roster
Reaction score
It was an interview with Matthew 'just one of the boys' McConaughey:

http://www.findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m1285/is_9_34/ai_n6213158

MM: Does mental toughness come into play?
TB: I'm fortunate to play for a coach [Bill Belichick] who I think is the best in the NFL. The way he communicates with his players gives us a great competitive advantage. Every quarterback can throw a ball; every running back can run; every receiver is fast; but that mental toughness that you talk about translates into competitiveness. A lot of times I find that people who are blessed with the most talent don't ever develop that attitude, and the ones who aren't blessed in that way are the most competitive and have the biggest heart.

I hope he still maintains that humble approach that 'we all just do our thing' but our coaching really sets us apart.
Kick butt tomorrow and all will be happy in Patriot Nation.

I do believe that winning will cure a host of ills. I also believe however, that the Pats are (ulp) not favored for a reason in this game. Hoping for the best, regardless.

All the crap I see floated around about Brady's mental state, however, makes little sense to me. Is he mentally tough, or not? Is his competitive nature on the verge of freakishness, or isn't it? I personally believe it's still there. Others in Patriots Nation disagree.

My point of view is that he's exactly where he's been in the past -- with a new team to tune up. Guess what, gang... we might be 2-2 after this game. I think we're way more likely to be 4-2 than 3-3 given the sked, in a couple more weeks. But I could see 3-3.

Do I see us finishing under 10-6? Not a chance.

We're going to laugh at this angst-ridden early stretch beginning anytime between tomorrow and a month from now, and I'll put a Namathesque guarantee on it.

Oh yeah one more thing... "This team hates its coach."

PFnV

The team's ability to often start off slowly at the beginning of the season and then get better each week is because they are one of the mentally toughest teams in the league. Everyone is talking about their streak of following every loss with a win for about the past three and a half years is because they are so mentally tough (as well as the fact that they are just a flat out good team.) This is perpetuated by the coach and QB, and I also think it has allowed them to lose some pretty big players over the course of the dynasty and not let it affect them for the most part.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back