Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady Not In Synch

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Mark Morse, Oct 12, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark Morse

Mark Morse PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +23 / 0 / -0

#15 Jersey

Saw a bit in the Globe that Brady/Welker misread the play where Brady threw the pass into the legs of Welker, on what appeared to be a potential TD.

It was explained that Brady expected Welker to sit down on the route. Wlker saw that he had the man beat and continued to run the seam. Just another case where they are not in synch.

I noticed on another Welker route for a 1st down that Brady threw it to a spot before Welker even turned.

I think we have way too many routes that require the reciever and QB to be reading the same thing. This is perhaps why Galloway isn't playing and Edelman is! Edelman was a QB, so he can think like a QB.

2. Snarf

Snarf Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +4 / 0 / -1

I'm not too worried about Brady/Welker/Moss.... Brady's year off is going to take some time to get them back on the same page. I think by December we'll be firing on all cylinders again on offense.

3. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 22 / -15

Disable Jersey

I agree completely. Too many WRs have failed the system completely. Now Brady is out of sync with his binkies...except Watson! :) Who'd a thunk it?

4. bronk37

bronk37 Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It seemed like Brady was forcing the ball to Welker, that hit on welker by Dawkins looked like it hurt Im kinda getting worried that welker is really gonna get hurt cuz Brady is not throwing to anyone else. Moss needs to get involved hes got 1 td in 5 games if Im correct, Brady is not the same and its weird because his reads seem pretty sharp but his throws have been off through 5 games, Im beginning to wonder if he is playing with an injured shoulder ala haynesworth preseason hit.

5. BradyisGod

BradyisGod Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Not trying to start anything, but why wouldn't the title then be Welker not in sync? If he's the one that keeps getting messed up routes?

6. shubert

shubert Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Ridiuclous to think this, but, are we 5-0 if Cassel was our QB?

7. lapatsfan

lapatsfan Practice Squad Player

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Enough already!!!!!

8. cavtroop

cavtroop 2nd Team Getting Their First Start

Ratings:
    +29 / 0 / -2

#87 Jersey

Because Welker may have been correct here - we don't know the schemes. Perhaps, if Welker has a step to the inside on his man, he's supposed to keep running, and Brady mis-read this.

Title should be "Brady and his receivers not in sync" :)

9. PatsWickedPissah

PatsWickedPissah PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +2,429 / 22 / -15

Disable Jersey

Really BAD 1st post rookie.

10. shubert

shubert Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Just think about the two losses, and the way Cassel has played in this system. The defense isn't the problem this year, its the offense. I honestly think they are 4-1 or 5-0 with Cassel, however obviously are much better down the road as Brady gets back to form. It is not as ridiculous as you think.

The good news: we play a Titans team next week who probably will be playing VY at some point.

This defense is still young and getting better, and the offense should turn it around at some point soon. Oh and I think Brandon Tate will make an immediate impact week 7, returning kicks and playing in place of Galloway/Aiken some.

11. sieglo

sieglo In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +75 / 0 / -0

I agree. There's no reason why you can't build an offense that has some routes that involve hot reads and others that just don't. In such a hybrid offense, Galloway is probably on the field.

But what do I know about football? Damn near nothing.

12. ALP

ALP Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +87 / 3 / -0

LOL, dont be so harsh...

as for the response

u never know, i doubt we would have won against the bills if brady wasnt our QB, so theres one loss, but i believe we would have won against both jets and broncos b/c cassel wouldnt have been this off

however, thats only speaking physically, and not counting brady's leadership, charisma, or everything else he brings to the table

13. shubert

shubert Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I think people forget how well that offense was clicking at the end of last year

14. PATSYLICIOUS

PATSYLICIOUS Pro Bowl Player

Ratings:
    +152 / 1 / -3

#12 Jersey

The thing I don't understand is that Brady looked great against Baltimore. That's what has made it so hard to understand how he just collapsed yesterday. Maybe it's the mile high effect.

It will come back though. Someone brought up Cassel, look how he eventually found his groove last year after not starting a game since high school. Brady's missed one year, it won't be much longer IMO.

15. makoute

makoute In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +84 / 2 / -0

Moss is involved, it's not his fault if Brady misses him wide open...

16. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +64 / 4 / -1

#12 Jersey

I think the first series of the second half kind of set the tone for Brady for the rest of the game. The first throw was an inaccurate throw to Welker that looked pitiful. The second throw was a high throw to Moss. (Maybe Moss should have had it, but it should have been more accurate.)

After that opening series Brady started doing a way too realistic immitation of Papelbon from earlier in the day.

Maybe the Brady show has jumped the shark!!!!!

17. hgelpke

hgelpke On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

On the plus side, it does look like he is in sync with the TEs. The only issue is the health of Watson. I hope that head injury isn't serious.

18. Bill B.

Bill B. Third String But Playing on Special Teams

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

Brady seemed to overthrow on the deep passes. Kickoffs were going past the endzone. Thin air in Denver causing the ball to sail a little bit?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.