PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady not his usual self?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
Is it just me or does Brady seem really disinterested in playing the last 2 games. Uncharacteristic over throws (more than usual), not his fist pumping self. When a TD is scored he usually would run into the endzone to congratulate, but he kind of half jogs into the end zone. Both the last 2 weeks have been brutal him for statistically. If it is because of Deion - wake up Tom, you're not dreaming, he is not coming back, he's gone. Move on with it. This is not college, this is a business, unfortunately relationships here don't really count. He did spread the ball around today, he just seems like he is pouting, IMO.

Re: Is a Dominant running game bad for Brady?

Could it be that handing off the Rock to 2 dominant running backs 40 times a game doesn't give Brady enough passing offense reps for him to keep himself in rythem?

I sure hope not; cause I love that stuff it down their throat mentality that a big running attack gives you.

Hopefully it is just a short term funk and he plays out of it.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan said:
Is it just me or does Brady seem really disinterested in playing the last 2 games. Uncharacteristic over throws (more than usual), not his fist pumping self. When a TD is scored he usually would run into the endzone to congratulate, but he kind of half jogs into the end zone. Both the last 2 weeks have been brutal him for statistically. If it is because of Deion - wake up Tom, you're not dreaming, he is not coming back, he's gone. Move on with it. This is not college, this is a business, unfortunately relationships here don't really count. He did spread the ball around today, he just seems like he is pouting, IMO.

I agree and I think we all see this.

Whatever the reason, that behavior is actually detremental to guys like Watson, Jackson and Gabriel if it continues.

Canada's #1 Pats Fan said:

Yeah. I agree, I have been saying this since last weeks game against buffalo. Brady just doesnt look interested at all. THe first time I saw him get excited the whole game was when Maroney got his 1st TD. Somethings up with him and I cant think of what. Offseason surgery maybe? I dont know. But, I can say without the Running game we have been showing off we would be in alot of trouble. Lets just hope DIllon can stay healthy.

I don't think it's "disinterested", but Brady did play poorly today.

I blame the coaches. Why in the world did we quit running the ball with a 24-0 lead? Seems like we started going to the deep passing game for no reason at all. Run the ball!

I don't think it's his mental state, he just seems to be not his accurate self right now. He was off the mark a bunch today. He apparently played the bulk of last season with a "sports hernia" and thus had to make adjustments in the way he threw in order to retain his accuracy. Maybe he has to make adjustments to not playing with the pain in his ab area.

If Brady is atop the list of our worries after 2 weeks, I'd say we're doing fine.

Slagathor said:
I agree and I think we all see this.

Whatever the reason, that behavior is actually detremental to guys like Watson, Jackson and Gabriel if it continues.
he may be off or anything but he wont be detrimental to his players..iam sure of that...he is just off sync with his receivers...its going to take time for him to adjust...

SVN said:
he may be off or anything but he wont be detrimental to his players..iam sure of that...he is just off sync with his receivers...its going to take time for him to adjust...

I thinks that's it.

QB12

He's got to work 3 new receivers in, 2 just this game.

Maybe that has something to do with it.:rolleyes:

I think we're worrying for nothing. As long as I've watched Brady, there's always a mid-game "lull" where he's just not completing many passes, and usually they're in games like today where we are cruising. His numbers go down and it looks like he played poorly.

The 2 drives at the end of the 2nd and 4th were classic Brady - he had only one bad decision on the heave to Gabriel and that was basically a punt that drove down his passer rating.

Brady will be alright against Denver next week, I think he's been wanting to play that game since January :)

Certainly did not look himself!

SVN said:

I'm willing to give Brady some of that, but a lot of today's problems weren't attributable to bad receiver route running or dropped passes.

It was throwing the ball short or wide that were the problems. The bigger problem was that in the past when he did mess up, you saw he'd be angry at himself. Today, he sauntered to the sideline and plopped his butt on the bench like he was sitting a recliner and gonna watch TV. I was waiting for an assistant to hand him a beer.....

No need to worry, we will be running on all cylinders on offense around game 6. It takes a while for WR's and QB to mesh.

Slagathor said:
I'm willing to give Brady some of that, but a lot of today's problems weren't attributable to bad receiver route running or dropped passes.

It was throwing the ball short or wide that were the problems. The bigger problem was that in the past when he did mess up, you saw he'd be angry at himself. Today, he sauntered to the sideline and plopped his butt on the bench like he was sitting a recliner and gonna watch TV. I was waiting for an assistant to hand him a beer.....

Really, like when he ripped his helmet off in disgust after throwing that interception?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back