PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady not among 25 highest paid players

Status
Not open for further replies.

"The rising salaries being shelled out to NFL players has resulted in 20 players receiving a base salary of at least $10 million to play in the league this season and nine of the top 25 paid players in the NFL this season are quarterbacks, which may not be a surprise."

Base salary for Brady this year is just $2M, but he received about $30M in signing bonus last year.

That's OK. I don't think he's among the top 25 passers in the NFL, either.... :) He's right behind Derek Carr in many of the stats.

IIRC, Brady's 14.8 million cap hit is the 20th highest in the NFL this year.

Wait a minute... Did I miss Joe Flacco in there or didnt he sign one really big contract, was it one or two seasons ago ?

Flacco signed his contract in 2013. He and Brady have the same cap number in 2014- $14.8 million.

Seriously, why does anyone care what any player makes?

I care only how the Pats players play, not what they get paid.

I do not care how much a player is paid. Do care about a player's cap hit. Personal preference.

Seriously, why does anyone care what any player makes?

I care only how the Pats players play, not what they get paid.

From a team perspective, comparing different strategies, in which part of the team who gets paid or where you emphasize having star players, is interesting. Especially considering this trend towards cheaper and more run-oriented QB:s.

In short, which team gets more bang-for-the-buc and what analysis can be drawn to which players/positions are overpaid considering their impact on the result.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots