PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady needs to learn to respect his rookie WR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panthers & Steelers? Really?

There again, you're another one of the clowns writing off the offense after 2 games :rolleyes:

You think Carolina and Pitt are really that bad huh? Have you seen out offense? I am not writing the offense off, I am trying to look at it with Gronk in the mix...Its a matter of when, not if when Edelman goes down and the whole theory on bringing in a WR isn't necessarily for the threat they pose, its to be the glue that holds the WR corp together.

we won two ugly games against two rookie QBs and barely won both of them... Every team on my list of losses is infinitely better than both Buffalo and the Jets. Do you dispute that too?

You think Carolina and Pitt are really that bad huh? Have you seen out offense? I am not writing the offense off, I am trying to look at it with Gronk in the mix...Its a matter of when, not if when Edelman goes down and the whole theory on bringing in a WR isn't necessarily for the threat they pose, its to be the glue that holds the WR corp together.

we won two ugly games against two rookie QBs and barely won both of them... Every team on my list of losses is infinitely better than both Buffalo and the Jets. Do you dispute that too?

The same Carolina Panthers that LOST to the Bills yesterday are infinitely better hmm?

Steelers have no O line, no running game and an old defense, they will be lucky to go 8-8 this year.

By mid season the Pats offense is going to be in sync and putting up points, if the defense holds up then there aren't going to be many teams beating the Patriots down the stretch.

The same Carolina Panthers that LOST to the Bills yesterday are infinitely better hmm?

Steelers have no O line, no running game and an old defense, they will be lucky to go 8-8 this year.

By mid season the Pats offense is going to be in sync and putting up points, if the defense holds up then there aren't going to be many teams beating the Patriots down the stretch.

hey man, I really hope you are right but I think you are wrong about both Carolina and Pittsburgh. Did you watch that Bills Panther game? Lotsa fail there on carolinas part...all correctable. As far as my WR list from earlier, here is a summary on some I think would have an immediate positive impact for next to nothing money wise. They all bring great upside potential with very little downside.

Austin Collie had a decent preseason with SF and missed most of 2012 with concussion issues. Sign him for league minimum, incentive based, non guarenteed money has all upside and very little downside.
Laurent Robinson is an instant deep threat and is only 28. He also has great hands.
Devery Henderson would be a great mentor and has great hands himself. He knows the spread offense well and knows what its like to work with a top Tier QB. He has also NEVER LOST A FUMBLE
Mohamed Massaquoi has never been able to play with a good QB. The guy isn't bad, has great hands, and would make an impact the moment they sign him IMO
Steve Breaston is only 30, would be a great mentor, and can return kicks if needed.

None of which need to be given any guaranteed money at all. You think none of these folks can help us, or our WR group right now?

potential pats losses

2-0 now

Atlanta
Saints
Steelers
Panthers
Broncos
Texans
Dolphins(we will probably lose 1 against them)
Ravens

8-8 then and that is assuming both Buffalo and NY don't beat us at all, that is 5-1 in our division. Not at all out of reality for this teams pathetic, anemic, mind bogglingly awful offense.

That is Also ASSUMING we get Gronk back and he performs well which I doubt he will do seeing how there is no other TE or Slot receiver threat.

I'll make a bet with you. You get 8-8 or worse and I get 9-7 or better.
Name your price.

I'll make a bet with you. You get 8-8 or worse and I get 9-7 or better.
Name your price.

nah, I can't bet against the Pats...I am hoping I am wrong..believe me. I just look at our current WR group and think...these guys just aren't ready and I am not sure they can get ready in only 1 season.

hey man, I really hope you are right but I think you are wrong about both Carolina and Pittsburgh. Did you watch that Bills Panther game? Lotsa fail there on carolinas part...all correctable.

Sounds like something that could be said about New England's first two games as well. Most of the passing game struggles were due correctable mistakes on offense (timing and catching the ball).

I don't mean to write you off as 'dumb' or anything, but IMO you are holding the Patriots to a different standard than the rest of the league if you think a lot of those teams have significantly fewer problems than NE. I'll give you Denver or Atlanta, but the Saints, Steelers, Panthers, and Ravens have at least as many problems and question marks as New England (or the the rest of our AFCE rivals, for that matter).

I think that any Patriots rookie that plays in the first 10 games should get Partipation Medals so they feel good about themselves.

I think that any Patriots rookie that plays in the first 10 games should get Partipation Medals so they feel good about themselves.

That would be a lot better than dexter brady
okdscZB.gif

If getting chewed out for their mistakes puts Dobson and Thompkins in a state of mind where they can't perform optimally, then why would you expect them to make a catch in an AFCCG, or even a Super Bowl?

The to win a Super Bowl you need winners.

Keep in mind last years superbowl champ only scored 9 points against chiefs and lost to the eagles last year.

regular season isn't that important when you know a team is going to make it.

Listening to brady's interview with westwood one radio before the MNF game. Jim gray is going on and on about body language and how he feels that manning is surrounded by great off players for the same salray cap money and he is not. Finally tom replied, we feel we have good defense and I would caution against anyone who thinks they have it figured out in September. I dont know why he does these interviews. Not a single football related question.

nah, I can't bet against the Pats...I am hoping I am wrong..believe me. I just look at our current WR group and think...these guys just aren't ready and I am not sure they can get ready in only 1 season.

Tack another game on it for good measure then. We'll let 9-7 be a win for you, and I get 10-6 or better. I'll still take that bet.

Yes. For starters, the Bills beat Carolina yesterday. I'd also put the Steelers, Ravens, and Panthers about on par with the Bills at this point.

Bottom line: even if the Pats somehow don't improve over what they've been through the first two weeks, they're still probably a fringe playoff team. In the overwhelmingly likely event that they improve significantly, there's a good shot at a first round bye.

Tack another game on it for good measure then. We'll let 9-7 be a win for you, and I get 10-6 or better. I'll still take that bet.

The last three superbowl champions were 10-6 during the regular season...........i like our chances :rocker:

Dobson's the key....how much can you really expect out of Gronk or Amendola this year? They are pretty much antiques at this point.

Dobson's got the tools..... 4.4 speed, 6'3 frame, decent separation ability.....We are counting on him more than ever. He's proven he can get open against decent DBs. He's just got to learn how to execute the route better and anticipate how to position his body on each throw. Once he does that, we'll start blowing out bad teams again and being competitive with good ones.

Teams with lesser QBs win with inexperienced receivers. Its been 2 games.

God will the PC pansies let this die already? I love seeing Brady like this.

If they got their feelings hurt over that, I wonder what happened in front of the film room screen with Bill.

They might just be at home with their faces in the pillow crying right now.

R-E-S-P-E-C-T,
Find out what it is to receive,
R-E-S-P-E-C-T,
From the great, T-E-B

70-s-soul-train-couple-dance-o.gif

The Pats should have signed Manning!! Then Weklah would still be here and we wouldn't have to wish on a thousand genie bottles for Wes to come back...he'd have stayed!!

Patriots sukk, man...I've had it..let's all go join the Denver board...who's with me????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots