PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady needs to learn to respect his rookie WR's

Status
Not open for further replies.
because without them, we aren't going anywhere this year.

Other rookie WR's having success early on already. DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods, Coderelle Patterson, etc.

Our rookie WR's obviously have a lot of talent. Dobson rarely dropped a pass in his last year at College, yet he dropped so many passes on Thursday. Dobson actually had his man beat a few times but just couldn't catch the ball, indicating nerves and lack of focus. Thompson looked great in preseason but ***** the bed in regular season so far.

Why are our rookie WR's so full of nerves while other rookie WR's are already succeeding?

Probably because they have a hall of fame QB yelling at them and belittling them. When you worry too much about dropping a pass, you end of dropping more passes. Their confidence looks shot.

Brady needs to learn how to work with these youngsters because they will be the difference between a playoff run and one-and-done.

There was already a thread about this, no need to start a new one. The rooks need to get up to speed fast and get their heads out of there asses or be out of work.

Maybe a good intermural unisex soccer match where they don't keep score and everybody wins would be a better pastime for some here.

Op is right. Positive feedback works much better than negative..
Alright, I'll try.

Good thread, OP. You can do better, but I know that you're doing your best, and your best is good enough for us right now, even if it's not very good!

Op is right. Positive feedback works much better than negative.

Yes. Great coaches like Belichick, Shula, Noll, Lombardi, Paul Brown always go / went to players who screwed up to give them a bear hug, a noogie, a pat on the butt, and an "atta boy, you will do better next time" speech. Right....

Yes. Great coaches like Belichick, Shula, Noll, Lombardi, Paul Brown always go / went to players who screwed up to give them a bear hug, a noogie, a pat on the butt, and an "atta boy, you will do better next time" speech. Right....

Straw man much? You wrote all that gibberish but it doesn't refer to anything I said. Positive feedback works. Telling at someone over and over doesn't. Brady is a spoiled brat. Maybe the receivers should be yelling at him for the bad passes. Or does it not work that way?

Other rookie WR's having success early on already. DeAndre Hopkins, Robert Woods, Coderelle Patterson, etc.

Our rookie WR's obviously have a lot of talent. Dobson rarely dropped a pass in his last year at College, yet he dropped so many passes on Thursday. Dobson actually had his man beat a few times but just couldn't catch the ball, indicating nerves and lack of focus. Thompson looked great in preseason but ***** the bed in regular season so far.

Why are our rookie WR's so full of nerves while other rookie WR's are already succeeding?

Probably because they have a hall of fame QB yelling at them and belittling them. When you worry too much about dropping a pass, you end of dropping more passes. Their confidence looks shot.

Brady needs to learn how to work with these youngsters because they will be the difference between a playoff run and one-and-done.

I think you’re confusing passion and desire for disrespect, if Brady over throws a receiver or miss fires on a pass he shows the same reaction or as some put it shows himself up the same exact way reacts to as some put it shows up these rookie wide receivers. Take a look at the play he over threw Edelman on for years.

Also look back over the years, look at how many evil looks Welker received from Brady, I mean really Brady does not discriminate who he gives a nasty look or an aggressive reaction to he used to give them to Hernandez an alleged murderer, which tells me Brady’s reaction is not considered disrespectful in the eyes of the players, because we all know how Hernandez handles being disrespected.

Straw man much? You wrote all that gibberish but it doesn't refer to anything I said. Positive feedback works. Telling at someone over and over doesn't. Brady is a spoiled brat. Maybe the receivers should be yelling at him for the bad passes. Or does it not work that way?

He is spoiled?? He has practically kept this team in the playoffs since 2009!!! It's because of his cool, calm SB winning drives that made the pats dynasty. Granted the D gets alot of credit then, but without Tom, we aren't here today. He drags this team through thick and thin to the playoffs. He can vent a little!!!

Alright, I'll try.

Good thread, OP. You can do better, but I know that you're doing your best, and your best is good enough for us right now, even if it's not very good!

Positive feedback with employees or children says that you say "this us what you did right and what you did wrong. Tell us what you're seeing or thinking so we can get on the same page."

Screaming like a banshee "you idiot! You screwed it up! Again!", isn't very productive. The players get so afraid to make mistakes they get snake bit and over think things.

This is common sense 101 and has been proven. Doesn't make you tough "how old are you? These are professionals!". No kidding. Has nothing to do with hurting a player's feelings. Has to do with how you bring improvement. Bosses yelling like a three year old is counter productive.

He is spoiled?? He has practically kept this team in the playoffs since 2009!!! It's because of his cool, calm SB winning drives that made the pats dynasty. Granted the D gets alot of credit then, but without Tom, we aren't here today. He drags this team through thick and thin to the playoffs. He can vent a little!!!
Non sequitur. Positive feedback doesn't work better than screaming like a banshee cause Brady won three SBS. OK well I can't argue with that.

So after much whining in the post-game thread, this is at least the second thread about TB being a big meanie.

Can we get this merged into one thread: 'Do you want rookie WR who fight through adversity or a bunch of ****ies who fail because someone yelled at them?'

Do ages get posted in profiles? Or at least generations? Because I'm sick of generation 'Everyone Gets a Trophy'.

Suck. It. Up.

Are they, though? Their confidence looks shaky already.

It's bringing back memories of Chad Jackson and Brandon Tate.

Rookie WR's settling in is all about confidence and being comfortable. Bradys admitted body language and yelling at them isn't going to help either of those.

He needs to put on his baby gloves and be more positive. These kids are 12-15 years younger than him too. I'm sure being his whipping boy isn't helping them shake their rookie jitters.

These receivers either have confidence in their abilities after more than a decade of football, or they do not. They will not be long for the NFL if an angry QB makes them doubt they can play.

From what I have read, Chad Jackson lacked a work ethic. If these receivers don't want to work to improve their game, then they will follow that path. I have heard nothing to indicate that poses a problem. Brady has commented on the hard work of his teammates in the past, and it appears that willingness to work earns his respect.

And why you believe you know what it takes to make an NFL receiver is beyond me. People respond to situations differently, and babying one person can hinder development development to the same degree as chastising another personality type might. Personalities vary widely. Coaches yell at players all the time, and Brady is like a coach on the field. This is not Pee Wee Football, and people paid to do a job are expected to perform. At times the team is made to look happy and go lucky at PR appearances, but if you make enough mistakes, you get fired. That is the reality of the NFL. There are no trophies for trying and failing, and enough mistakes by one player can doom the team.

Grow up. Brady is not spoiled. He's earned everything he has.

You sound like a spoiled *****.

If you put TFB's temper tantrums at one end of a spectrum, and 'don't worry, it's ok' at the other, there are a lot of possibilities in between.

Instead of pouting with his home boys, TFB *could* have huddled with the kids and the coaching staff to see if they could improve something for the next drive.

It's a load of crap to pretend he was upset with himself. Have you watched His fumble against Buffalo? If Brady was disappointed in Welker's drop, he didn't show it.

Brady needs to put his big boy pants on and provide some leadership during this transition. That's what he gets paid to do. Enough of the ball washing.

Positive feedback with employees or children says that you say "this us what you did right and what you did wrong. Tell us what you're seeing or thinking so we can get on the same page."

Screaming like a banshee "you idiot! You screwed it up! Again!", isn't very productive. The players get so afraid to make mistakes they get snake bit and over think things.

This is common sense 101 and has been proven. Doesn't make you tough "how old are you? These are professionals!". No kidding. Has nothing to do with hurting a player's feelings. Has to do with how you bring improvement. Bosses yelling like a three year old is counter productive.

I don't think it's common sense or proven, certainly not because you assert it. If you or anyone else is armed with this insight into a vastly superior way to develop WR's then shouldn't we see this success somewhere? I don't see it anywhere, certainly not in football at any level I've witnessed.

The important thing to remember is, unless I'm missing something- you don't have any qualification to back up your assertions. This might well be enough for most people to check their hubris, but then you are not just arguing from a position of complete ingnorance, but lecturing possibly the most qualified two people in the world on the subject (BB, and TB). Two guys with eight SB rings between them that justify that they in fact do know what they're doing.

So if your waiting for them to throw their time tested, wildly successful methods into the can because you or anyone else says (but doesn't show) they have a proven better way then be prepared to wait awhile.

It used to be the job of the coaches to train the players. Brady has always respected any receiver that could get open and catch the ball. If that didn't happen, he'd stop throwing the ball to them. That system has worked for 13 years (even with players of relatively little talent). This year, it is Brady's job to be the teacher, and he must keep throwing to the rookles no matter how badly they perform, It will take Tom a bit of time to adapt.

What do you expect Belichick is going to say to them when they watch that film? "Good job guys. You gave your best attempt!"
No, he's going to rightfully rip them apart. There's no respect in Belichick's film reviews. If you mess up, you get chewed out. Does Belichick need to learn to respect every single one of his players?

And the best thing that can happen in that film session is Bill ripping Tom and those rookies seeing it and how he handles it. While the receivers were most of the issue Brady missed a few and Bill will point it out. Once they see it's nothing personal and that it's all tough love so they can get better as a team the better.

Problem is that all of these guys are rookies on our team vs other teams who have at least one or two other WRs to lean on.

If you put TFB's temper tantrums at one end of a spectrum, and 'don't worry, it's ok' at the other, there are a lot of possibilities in between.

Instead of pouting with his home boys, TFB *could* have huddled with the kids and the coaching staff to see if they could improve something for the next drive.

It's a load of crap to pretend he was upset with himself. Have you watched His fumble against Buffalo? If Brady was disappointed in Welker's drop, he didn't show it.

Brady needs to put his big boy pants on and provide some leadership during this transition. That's what he gets paid to do. Enough of the ball washing.

You two, the OP, and a few others here either are very young and naive or very, very ignorant. You don't understand leadership/competitive nature vs. "pouting" and "temper tantrums." Just as disturbing is the suggestion Brady could have "huddled with the kids and coaching staff" on the sidelines to address the WRs' miscues. You have no idea what's going on between these people on the bench or what the protocols are.

While the defense is on the field, Brady is glued to the hip of offensive coordinator Josh McDaniels reviewing plays/strategies/adjustments/defensive formations, etc., etc. Seated directly to his right are the wide receivers. Everyone knows what's going on and how to address it. For Brady to get as upset as he did Thursday indicates that the "kids" are messing their assignments up royally and need to get their heads on straight. Brady knows the difference. His competitive fire and sense of urgency are what they are. Hopefully, the "kids" respect that.

This season is going to be unbearable. After all that TB has done for this franchise after a mediocre existence. This is the thanks he gets, when he strays from the "perfect" perception we all have of him. The guys a human being, not some infallible machine. Geez, give him a break. He's not the spoiled brat, his ungrateful fans are. This forum took an ugly 180 recently. Hard to read here lately. :confused: I can only imagine how many bandwagoners will jump ship when he's gone. The NFL is a business about winning, period, it's not pee wee football when everyone gets equal reps to be "fair".

It's amazing how many sports motivational experts we have in just one thread. Please let us now how many super bowls, NBA championships, Stanley Cups etc. you've won with your self esteem coddling tactics, since Brady has only won three and could use your guidance, nor doubt.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes