Brady needs 86yd to get into the all-time top 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

QuantumMechanic

Burn it all down!
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Going into Thursday's game, Brady only needs 86 passing yards to pass Dan Fouts (at 43,040) and take over over the #10 spot on the all-time NFL yardage list. Since #9 is Brees, Brady is likely to stay at #10 until both he and Brees pass Drew Bledsoe (the current #8) at 44,611.

Going into Thursday's game, Brady only needs 86 passing yards to pass Dan Fouts (at 43,040) and take over over the #10 spot on the all-time NFL yardage list. Since #9 is Brees, Brady is likely to stay at #10 until both he and Brees pass Drew Bledsoe (the current #8) at 44,611.

I think Brady has earned his spot as one of the best QBs in Patriots history.

one of?

LOL

I didn't know Drew Bledsoe posted on our forum, or are you Steve Grogan?

Either way, you are looking way way up at #12.

Last edited:
The best.

Not one of the best, but THE BEST in patriots history.

Whoa whoa! Let's not jump the gun here. He hasn't proven himself yet! lol jks

So Brady needs just under 1600 yards to pass Bledsoe. That is about 261 yards per game for the next 6. That's douable right? He could break that record this season !

if brady had not missed a season he'd be another 3-5k yards farther along.

The sad thing is a bunch of unworthy quarterbacks in the next wave of QBs will end up surpassing Manning and Brady in the record books due to the absolutely ridiculous passing inflation of the current NFL.

Cam ****ing Newton was able to put 4000 yards in his rookie year.

The sad thing is a bunch of unworthy quarterbacks in the next wave of QBs will end up surpassing Manning and Brady in the record books due to the absolutely ridiculous passing inflation of the current NFL.

...which is why you can't judge how good a QB is by yards, QB %, QBR, and TDs. All those are great in assisting the fan understanding how good a QB is but career winning %, 4th qtr combacks, GW drives, comp % on 3rd down, playoff wins and Super Bowl titles need to carry just as much- if not more weight than all the other numbers that are compiled.

There's not question that when all is said and done, and all the dust has cleared, Tom Brady will be regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, New England Patriots quarterback (post-Bledsoe.) I know I will be called a homer for stating this, but I believe it's true in my heart.

There's not question that when all is said and done, and all the dust has cleared, Tom Brady will be regarded as one of the greatest, if not the greatest, New England Patriots quarterback (post-Bledsoe.) I know I will be called a homer for stating this, but I believe it's true in my heart.

With all due respect to Grogs and Bledsoe, is this even a debate? I mean in every measurable comparison (except Qb rushing yards and TDs) its not even close.

Just curious. Does this include playoff games also or only regular season games? The only way I see Brady passing Brees is if playoff games are included because the Saints rarely run the ball (especially inside the 10 yd line which is why he gets so many tds also) and Bress is still always out there in the 4th qtr sling it out even when the Saints are up by 30 points.

He deserves it he worked hard for it and continues to excel and gives it 100% every time. If he couldn't have got it in NE then what better place to do it but at Jets. Hope they put that accomplishment up on BIG screen. He would love every boo lol

One of the best Patriot QBs of the Belichick era, I'd say.

Records are meant to be broken. Besides, Brady and Brees are most likely to have over 50,000 by the time they are done. It would take Newton at least 12 straight years of 4,000+ productions to catch up. So nothing is guaranteed even in the new 'inflated' passing league.

Records are meant to be broken. Besides, Brady and Brees are most likely to have over 50,000 by the time they are done. It would take Newton at least 12 straight years of 4,000+ productions to catch up. So nothing is guaranteed even in the new 'inflated' passing league.

yea...how's Cam doing this year?

Which (as much as I hate to admit it) makes seeing people like Marino and Fouts that high on the list even more amazing. While it's true the rules were liberalized in 1978, it was still a totally different world than now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes