PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

"Brady may be out of Super magic"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom helped score 34 points.

If the D could of made 1 more stop...

Tom helped score 34 points.

If the D could of made 1 more stop...
He helped Asante on his interception return TD by building up the defensive back's confidence before the game as only Brady can, being the inspirational leader that he is? ;)

I predict a super year for Tom Brady in 2007. He will be starting

mini-camps and passing camps with Reche Caldwell, Jabar Gaffney,

and Chad Jackson right from the start.

brady's entering the prime years of his career

he's still has enough magic for the next 5 or 6 years....and he's still got another 7 or 8 years left in his career as a qb...

its stupid to compare brady to marino in that fashion....i'm sorry, marino didnt win 3 superbowls in his first 4 years in the nfl...so you cant say he's out of sb magic like marino...just idiots who have nothing better to do than to write about things they wish were true

Actually, the offense scored only 27 points, and only 15 in the entire 2nd half even though on two occasions we took posession in Collts territory, one of them deep in Colts territory and had to settle for field goals both times. The play calling was absolutely horrid and those 8 points squandered was the difference. Thge defense did their job , as well as they could, and the offense let them down.
Scored 15 points in the second half? Then we had 36! Only needed a field goal to win. Get the teams back out there. Now!

Actually, the offense scored only 27 points, and only 15 in the entire 2nd half even though on two occasions we took posession in Collts territory, one of them deep in Colts territory and had to settle for field goals both times. The play calling was absolutely horrid and those 8 points squandered was the difference. Thge defense did their job , as well as they could, and the offense let them down.

I don't know. In a game that was that high scoring, I find it hard to hang it on Brady and the offense. They did their job. I guess we have to agree to disagree :)

brady's entering the prime years of his career

he's still has enough magic for the next 5 or 6 years....and he's still got another 7 or 8 years left in his career as a qb...

its stupid to compare brady to marino in that fashion....i'm sorry, marino didnt win 3 superbowls in his first 4 years in the nfl...so you cant say he's out of sb magic like marino...just idiots who have nothing better to do than to write about things they wish were true

Magic...it's not freaking magic - it's about doing your team doing their jobs. As for Brady - he has major skills, supreme QB smarts and three rings and 5 years of winning football behind him. The future is VERY bright.

I'll take these Patriots, owner by Kraft, managed by Pioli, coached by BB and led on the field by the likes of Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, Dan Koppen, Rodney Harrison etc., over any team to have ever played the game.

We're not even close to done yet - Seven rings will come Brady's way, so says his Dad and I, for one, believe him.

Magic...it's not freaking magic - it's about doing your team doing their jobs. As for Brady - he has major skills, supreme QB smarts and three rings and 5 years of winning football behind him. The future is VERY bright.

I'll take these Patriots, owner by Kraft, managed by Pioli, coached by BB and led on the field by the likes of Tom Brady, Richard Seymour, Dan Koppen, Rodney Harrison etc., over any team to have ever played the game.

We're not even close to done yet - Seven rings will come Brady's way, so says his Dad and I, for one, believe him.

I wish I'd said that.

This is where I really get angry. Toomany people look at the numbers, and say WOW, we scored 34 points (27 by the Offense, BTW) and the play calling must have been ok for us to score that many.

They dont look deeper than the final numbers.

In the first half we had a golden opportunity, had the momentum and all, to make it 28-3 and really put them in a hole. Instead, some questionable play calling killed a drive and the Colts came back put three on the board and now its 21-6 instead of 28-3. People forget that.

Then, in the second half, even though our defense really began to falter, there were several occasions when they rose to the occasion,too, and TWICE, they forced the Colts to punt from deep in their own territory, giving us the ball INSIDE their territory with a first down. One of those was DEEP in their territory.

We settled for TWO field goals instead of more..in essence, we squandered another 8 points. That was a squander of, IMO, 15 points. and, again, IMO, as I Went over the game book play by play, several times, IO lay the blame, mostly, on the play calling..it played right into the Colts hands, as if they were in our huddles. And, BTW, those would have been perfect times to go with the NO HUDDLE, as we had them back on their heels, but NO, never even tried, and that, IMO, is ignorance and stubbornness.

So, you see, even though the 34 points would indicate we had a good offensive game, when you really dig a little deeper, you realize that it was not quite as rosy as it appears, and not too many take the time to go deeper....as they should.

I won't argue that logic at all. My biggest fear going against the Colts was getting into a shoot out with them -we did - and we lost.

But d%#*!@t, once in it , we should have emptied the bucket and try to win the freaking game bu scoring TOUCHDOWNS not field goals. The play calling was conservative and very slow to react to changing realities (Faulk & Dillon hurt) and situation at hand, such as turning the damn knife when it was 21-3 or at least getting aggressive enough to get the damn fist down with 3:36 remaining in the game.

I won't go as far as you do in calling for Josh's head, but it was a horrible job of play calling after we scored 21 (7 thanks to the "D"). No excuse for throwing to Evans over Maroney on third down or having the brains to put in Thomas is one small example of brain fartitis that I can cite.

Well, i believe at least four, beginning next season. Seven is quite a push.

Three in the bank following his early 6 years playing. I see no reason why he won't win another four during his next 8 or so years, racking up a total of seven rings as he walks off into the sunset.

His Dad knows.....:eat2:

Brady said, after the game, that he wanted to throw an out to Caldwell but the OC sent in the pass to Watson. End of Story, End of Game, End of Season. Thanks Josh.
Where did you see this? Link? Quote? Seems extremely un-Brady like if it were true.
I just re-listened to his post game and he never said anything remotely like that. ....

NEM must have heard that other statement telepathically when he read Tom's mind post game... :rolleyes:
It was posted in this forum....
I've searched this forum and come up empty, can you help out since you seem to remember reading the quote here?

I just find this shocking because...

a) It would be one of the ultimate 'thrown under the bus' comments from a QB, even more egregious than Paymetons "I'm trying to be a good teammate here..." comments from last year, and I just can't believe Brady is that kind of guy.

b) No plays are set up with one and only one target. A primary target may be designated, sure, but the other guys are running various other routes as well, and the choice to skip the primary read and hit one of the other reads is the quarterback's decision, not the OC's decision. Again, this makes it actually coming outta Brady's mouth even more shocking.

c) Why would he WANT to throw an out route? Everybody knows he suffers from Champ Bailey Syndrome and just sucks throwing to out patterns. ;) (okay, a & b are serious though.)

Jim Douche-aldson ran out of Journalism magic on his first day at the paper. What a loser.

Donaldson isn't that dumb, he wrote something he probably gave about 2 seconds of thought to and knew it would get people to talk about his column and it worked. Smart guy....

This is where I really get angry. Toomany people look at the numbers, and say WOW, we scored 34 points (27 by the Offense, BTW) and the play calling must have been ok for us to score that many.

They dont look deeper than the final numbers.

In the firsthalf we had a golden opportunity, had the momentum and all, to make it 28-3 and really put them in a hole. Instead, some questinable play calling killed a drive and the Colts came back put three onthe board and now its 21-6 instead of 28-3. People forget that.

Then, in the second half, even though our defense really began to falter, there were several occasions when they rose to the occasion,too, and TWICE, they forced the Colts to punt from deep in their own territory, giving us the ball INSIDE their territory with a first down. One of those was DEEP in their territory.

We settled for TWO field goals instead of more..in essence, we squandered another 8 points. That was a squander of, IMO, 15 points. ANd, again, IMO, as Iwent over the game book play by play, several times, IO lay the blame, mostly, on the play calling..it played right into the Colts hands, as if they were in our huddles. And, BTW, those would have been perfect times to go with the NO HUDDLE, as we had them back on their heels, but NO, never even tried, and that, IMO, is ignorance and stubborness.

So, you see, even though the 34 points would indicate we had a good offensive game, when you really dig a little deeper, you realize that it was not quite as rosy as it appears, and not toomany take the time to go deeper....as they should.

Well, i believe at least four, beginning next season. Seven is quite a push.

NEM,
This is all well and good. I didn't say that the offense was perfect. Just that they did their job. Could there be improvement? sure.

But why are you so quick to give the defense a pass on this? We had then pinned deep with 2:30 something on the clock. We got the ball back with a minute left. They went 70 some yards in 1:30. That is NOT execution.

I read it here, somewhere in this forum about three, or four, days ago. I dont recall who posted it, but it definitely was here. Or, maybe in Patriots Planet somewhere cause i go ove rthere to read some stuff, but honestly, I didnt dream it up , or make it up, it was posted somewhere.

Well maybe before you incessantly repeat something you now say someone else posted somewhere in an attempt to bolster your redundant argument, you might want to check it's veracity.

Penalties, dropped passes, an increasingly ineffective running game once Faulk went out, and a total inability for anyone on defense other than the height challenged corners to stop a sneeze in the second half is why we lost, NEM. There wasn't a whole lot Josh could do about it. The offense sat for over half an hour from their last drive in the first half to their first shot at the ball in the second half. They executed poorly on that series probably in part because they had been off the field for over a half an hour. They scored 13 points in their next 3 drives, and while 2 of them could have yielded 7 it was mistakes and penalties and failure to execute that resulted in their not putting up another 4-8 points. Should they have run more? Not sure why you would try that without Faulk because the other two were generating negative yardage. Could you have gone no huddle? Moving the ball wasn't a problem, it was making plays as opposed to making negative plays and mistakes in the red zone. Should they have needed to score more than 34 points to win this game? NFW

Brady summed it up in his PC. They had a good game plan but they simply failed to execute it. These players don't make excuses, and neither should their real fans.

Hey, get it straight. It was posted either here, or in PP. Thats a fact. If you dont want to believe it, so be it. but when its found, and it will be found, I expect a full and publilc apology from you.

Josh is the one who deserves an apology from you. If a mod couldn't find it here, I doubt it exists except as you referenced it repeatedly. If someone else said it on a site you degrade incessantly and you posted here based on that, shame on you. I listened to the entire PC tonight NEM, and he NEVER SAID ANYTHING REMOTELY LIKE THAT.

Brady said, after the game, that he wanted to throw an out to Caldwell but the OC sent in the pass to Watson. End of Story, End of Game, End of Season. Thanks Josh.

This is what you said, NEM, just to refresh your memory. Brady deserves an apology too since you totally misrepresented what he said.

NEM said:
]And Josh deserves NO apology form me, or anyone else who has criticized his play calling this season, particularly inthe 2nd half of the game last Sunday. He sucked, totally sucked.

So,. get off your personal bullsh!t with me. I wont stand for it much loinger. Take that for whatever you want. I am fed up with people like youi attacking me for what I post..if you dont like it, touogh crap. I willcontinue to post my opinions like anyone else, and if you want to debate them, thats fine, but lay off the personal sh!t.

And I'm just shakin' all over 'cause you are reverting to form. Josh should join the forum here (and who knows, maybe he's already a member) even if he chooses not to post. Then maybe you would stop your ugly profanity laced personal attacks on him lest Ian finally decides not to tolerate your obnoxious BS anymore.

i could not read it because you have to listen to that awful advertisment they have on the site, and i dont want to mute the comp because i have SNR on

You are a very sick individual that has a personal vendetta eating at yu that you just cant get rid of. I feel very sorry for you, or any person, that carrys a hatred around so deep that he has to followsomeone around aninternet forum to make personal attacks against him. You are a very sick person and you need to seek help.

Pot, meet kettle.

If the Pats don't have Brady the past two years, they don't even get to play Denver and they don't even get to the AFC Championship game this year.

Absolutely. Over the last 2 years this team has weathered some bad storms (no D, no WRs, no running game) and has found itself competing for championships in large part because of Brady.

This board is getting ridiculous in picking scapegoats for the Indy loss. Brady, McDaniels - nobody on the D gets ANY criticism for that game?!?!?! It's not like they were deemed a liability going into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back