PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady - Manning on NFLN

Status
Not open for further replies.

RobAllan

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Well, we didn't make it home in time for this. I missed it by 30 minutes. Did anyone see it and can they summarize the program for me? It re-airs at 3AM but I doubt I'll watch it having work tomorrow and whatnot.

Thanks,
-Rob-

They had ten categories and a panel of their guys breaking down each QB with respect to the individual categories. Here's the ones I can remember
Arm Strength
Mobility
Accuracy
Football IQ
Timing
Toughness
Leadership
Accomplishments

Basically, they said the two were very close in each category. Brady won accomplishments, mobility, and another category...Manning took the other seven.

Complete Sham.:D You have Falk(former Colt,Lost SB Pats)you
have Mora(Former Colts Coach) good non-biased judges.:rolleyes:

Blah. May not be worth watching, then.

Yeah, it wasn't great. Some parts, they said, were "close", but they seemed to hype Peyton a little more. Some areas I had no issue with others I was skeptical. It was a 30 minute fluff piece, basically.

They had ten categories and a panel of their guys breaking down each QB with respect to the individual categories. Here's the ones I can remember
Arm Strength
Mobility
Accuracy
Football IQ
Timing
Toughness
Leadership
Accomplishments

Basically, they said the two were very close in each category. Brady won accomplishments, mobility, and another category...Manning took the other seven.

If Brady can win 19 games this year and break the TD record and win the Super bowl, this argument is over. Some Colts fans and Media (Prisco) will still maintain Manning is better. But the facts will speak for themselves.

I too wanted to post something about this little program they had. I gotta say though it sucked!!
All it was is their worthless opinions! No numbers, no stats, nothing!!!! And no freaking wonder Manning won by a landslide. But anyways after this season there will be no doubt in anyones mind that Brady is the best QB ever play this game!

Last edited:
Brady easily has better leadership. He'll never throw his teammates under a bus unlike horseface. Also, how many FAs do you see who want to play with Manning? 000000000000 They come to NE to play with Brady. How much more leadership do you need then that?

This was a sham for a few reasons, as its been pointed out you had two people on the panel who were employed by Indianapolis during Peyton Manning's career! As if Marshall Faulk couldn't be any more of a biased judge after the 2000 Season..

Also there are several categories that were given to Peyton that just simply cannot be awarded to either quarterback.

Toughness/Durability - Neither of these quarterbacks have injury problems, or could be called injury prone at any point of either of their careers. Yet Peyton won this category.

Leadership - Peyton was given a vote because it was said that the patriots already had several leaders on the team, this somehow makes Peyton a better leader? Doesn't leadership imply leading your team to superbowls? I'm sorry, this category is a wash at best.

Arm Strength - Given to Peyton because its assumed he has a stronger arm, and judges were actually split in this category I think Peyton got one extra vote. This category is another wash. If one of them has an arm strength advantage over the other its probably somewhere in the .005/meters per second range, this makes neither "better" than the other. Another wash.

Football IQ - Given to Peyton Manning because his father and brother play football so this must mean Peyton knows more about football than Brady. This should be a wash as well.

Also the NFL Network Poll was used which is a glorified popularity contest...the medias obvious contempt for the Patriots would have swain this.

The show, while amusing, failed to prove what it aimed to.

Last edited:
Arm Strength - wash
Mobility - Brady (senses pressure better
Accuracy - wash
Football IQ - wash
Timing - Manning gets the edge due to the fact he has worked with the same receivers for much of his career
Toughness - wash
Leadership - Brady
Accomplishments - Brady

I will also add a couple that I feel are important in a QB

Handling Pressure - Brady
The John Wayne Effect (Does he have "IT") Brady
Drop Back Quickness - Manning....It's kind of an odd stat, but I can't help but notice how quickly Manning gets into his drop. I think it is one of the main reasons he never gets sacked

None of the panelists brought up the fact Manning has had the same weapons from day 1.
Peyton had Faulk and Harrison, Brady had Redmond and Brown and as much as I love Troy Brown we can't seriously compare him to Marvin Harrison.
Redmond? As much as I loved him in the snow bowl for those clutch plays at the end, He is not even in the same realm as a Faulk.
So where was the category does more with less?
Adjusts to new coaches?
That show actually gave me more disdain for Manning then I ever had.
I want to see some clean contact on Peyton just enough he completely spazzes out on the sideline that and a win would make me feel awesome.

IMO a head to head comparison would be a better indication of which one is better.
Why no talk of winning percentage?
I figured Peyton would win but I was surprised to see a landslide 70% of the vote go to Peyton

Peyton wins the "drop back and hop around" award also......

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
Back