Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady Manning, Colts,Pats, are now Bird Magic,Lakers and Celtics

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by Sean Pa Patriot, Feb 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

This is the best rivalry in sports , this is the best 2 qb's in the leauge, and we are going to see for the next 4 yrs, Brady vs Manning, Colts vs Patriots, just like we watched Bird Magic and Lakers Celts.. I know there have been some great games, but I feel there is more to come.. Unless Kraft is against opening on the road after the trip to China, count on Sept 6th Pats at Indy... Im looking forward to that, and we just need to be aggresive in the offseason to improve the WR, LB and saftey position...

2. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,236 / 9 / -6

sure but i think we will keep hearing the brady vs manning debate forever with more nods towards manning as the better one now since he has a ring now....
    media loves stories and as much as they wanted the colts to win like the sox to win..it kinda fizzles out now a bit..
    iam sure if the chargers dont go and win a SB in the next 2 yrs..that will be next big story...
    "can LT win the SB or will he be another barry sanders..?"

3. SoonerPatriot

SoonerPatriot In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

This is a great rivalry. But let's not elevate Indy to the level of the Lakers or Celtics just yet folks. One title does not a dynasty make.

4. Sean Pa Patriot

Sean Pa Patriot Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +6 / 0 / -0

#12 Jersey

Its sad all the Manning Ball washers are out there, in his mvp press confrence , congrats Peyton, wonderful job peyton... Great he won the super bowl.. And looking at him , he is showing no emotion.. he won the biggest game of his life..

5. MrBigglesWorth

MrBigglesWorth Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal

Ratings:
    +16 / 0 / -0

I was thinking more like Dallas(Manning) and the Steelers(Brady) of the 70's

or Montana(Brady) and Sims(Manning) of 80's or

Aikman(Brady) and Young(Manning)

6. SVN

SVN Hall of Fame Poster

Ratings:
    +1,236 / 9 / -6

people make same remarks about BB too...i wouldve been more pissed if he was grinning ear to ear and jumping around after winning one...

7. PatsMyBoyz!

PatsMyBoyz! Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Exactly. While it looks like the Colts will always be contenders I don't think they're anywhere close to what existed between the Lakers and the Celtics. This whole thing is a creation of the Colts anyway.

8. ajmitch81

ajmitch81 On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

If you want to compare hoops - and the 80's in specific... The Colts aren't the Lakers or the Celtics -- the Patriots are both.

Honestly the Steelers have been the team we always run into in the Title Game anyways - so I'd say the Steelers and Colts are basically the 76ers while the Pats are either Boston or LA from the 80's -- if you're going with the hoops theme.

It is the best rivalry in the NFL though - let's just hope the rules get back to a level of respectability so that both teams have a fair shake, which has not been the case since the 2005 Playoff game.

9. Yankees/Colts

Yankees/Colts Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

There is really no rivalry currently until your defense shows it can stop the Colts one time, maybe just one series. You have to win one once in a while to have a rivalry. You're going on four games and three seasons currently and the next game is in Indianapolis.

10. allworldrussfrancis

allworldrussfrancis On the Roster

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I agree - there is no rivalry, unless the Colts can win SB XVII and XVIII, and then the rivalry can begin in earnest. Until then, the Pats are a football dynasty and the Colts are one-hit wonders.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2007
  11. Patriot Missile

Patriot Missile Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract

Ratings:
    +326 / 4 / -2

#75 Jersey

Not even close. Bird and Magic were the Sun and the Moon. Destined to clash from college all the way through the pro's.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.