PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Manning, Colts,Pats, are now Bird Magic,Lakers and Celtics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean Pa Patriot

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
This is the best rivalry in sports , this is the best 2 qb's in the leauge, and we are going to see for the next 4 yrs, Brady vs Manning, Colts vs Patriots, just like we watched Bird Magic and Lakers Celts.. I know there have been some great games, but I feel there is more to come.. Unless Kraft is against opening on the road after the trip to China, count on Sept 6th Pats at Indy... Im looking forward to that, and we just need to be aggresive in the offseason to improve the WR, LB and saftey position...

sure but i think we will keep hearing the brady vs manning debate forever with more nods towards manning as the better one now since he has a ring now....
media loves stories and as much as they wanted the colts to win like the sox to win..it kinda fizzles out now a bit..
iam sure if the chargers dont go and win a SB in the next 2 yrs..that will be next big story...
"can LT win the SB or will he be another barry sanders..?"

This is the best rivalry in sports , this is the best 2 qb's in the leauge, and we are going to see for the next 4 yrs, Brady vs Manning, Colts vs Patriots, just like we watched Bird Magic and Lakers Celts.. I know there have been some great games, but I feel there is more to come.. Unless Kraft is against opening on the road after the trip to China, count on Sept 6th Pats at Indy... Im looking forward to that, and we just need to be aggresive in the offseason to improve the WR, LB and saftey position...

This is a great rivalry. But let's not elevate Indy to the level of the Lakers or Celtics just yet folks. One title does not a dynasty make.

Its sad all the Manning Ball washers are out there, in his mvp press confrence , congrats Peyton, wonderful job peyton... Great he won the super bowl.. And looking at him , he is showing no emotion.. he won the biggest game of his life..

I was thinking more like Dallas(Manning) and the Steelers(Brady) of the 70's

or Montana(Brady) and Sims(Manning) of 80's or

Aikman(Brady) and Young(Manning)

And looking at him , he is showing no emotion.. he won the biggest game of his life..

people make same remarks about BB too...i wouldve been more pissed if he was grinning ear to ear and jumping around after winning one...

This is a great rivalry. But let's not elevate Indy to the level of the Lakers or Celtics just yet folks. One title does not a dynasty make.

Exactly. While it looks like the Colts will always be contenders I don't think they're anywhere close to what existed between the Lakers and the Celtics. This whole thing is a creation of the Colts anyway.

If you want to compare hoops - and the 80's in specific... The Colts aren't the Lakers or the Celtics -- the Patriots are both.

Honestly the Steelers have been the team we always run into in the Title Game anyways - so I'd say the Steelers and Colts are basically the 76ers while the Pats are either Boston or LA from the 80's -- if you're going with the hoops theme.

It is the best rivalry in the NFL though - let's just hope the rules get back to a level of respectability so that both teams have a fair shake, which has not been the case since the 2005 Playoff game.

There is really no rivalry currently until your defense shows it can stop the Colts one time, maybe just one series. You have to win one once in a while to have a rivalry. You're going on four games and three seasons currently and the next game is in Indianapolis.

There is really no rivalry currently until your defense shows it can stop the Colts one time, maybe just one series. You have to win one once in a while to have a rivalry. You're going on four games and three seasons currently and the next game is in Indianapolis.

I agree - there is no rivalry, unless the Colts can win SB XVII and XVIII, and then the rivalry can begin in earnest. Until then, the Pats are a football dynasty and the Colts are one-hit wonders.

Last edited:
Not even close. Bird and Magic were the Sun and the Moon. Destined to clash from college all the way through the pro's.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes