Status
Not open for further replies.

BradyManny

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
VERSUS COMMON OPPONENTS (8 GAMES EACH):

Brady = 2330 yards, 17 TDs, 4 INT, 67% completion, 107 rating
Manning = 2202 yards, 16 TDs, 8 INT, 68% completion, 100 rating

Worth noting that in the AFC East, Brady twice faces the #1, #3 & #23 pass defenses, whereas Manning twice gets to play the #12, #27 & #32 defenses in the league.

More...

Brady versus AFC south (excluding IND):
87% completion, 647 yards, 10 TD, 0 INT

Manning versus AFC east (excluding NE):
64% completion, 495 yards, 2 TD

Awesome breakdown there.

...Very very interesting, thanx for posting that info. Certainly an eye opener.

It helps explain why Brady has the best defense-adjusted stats in the league.

Manning plays 4 games a year against 2 of the worst pass defenses in the league. When Brady played those two teams (Jax & Ten), he lit them up in epic fashion.

Whereas Brady plays two of the tougher pass defenses in the league 4 times (Jets at #1, Bills at #3). Manning didn't look so special against the Jets yesterday, and we'll see if he even plays next week versus the Bills.

It's also worth noting that the AFCE aside from the Patriots fared well against Brees. Brees had 1 TD and 3 INT versus the Bills, Jets & Phins. His passer ratings were 72.8, 78.9 & 58.9 against those three AFCE teams.

Helps put Bradys #s in perspective.

Last edited:
This just makes me want to play the Colts again. If the defense can be fully healthy and avoid mistakes.....you never know.

Agreed. I think the playoffs will be a good equalizer. We'll see where we stand.

Manning has it pretty easy in that division and has for years. I wonder what his and the Colts records are in that division over the past ten years. They always seem to beat the teams in the division with regularity.

Contrast that with the AFC East, where we beat the Bills pretty consistently but the other two teams are 50/50. Plus the Pats seem to worry about another team winning the division every year while the Colts have a rubber stamp into the playoffs every season.

This is not to say the Colts are a bad team or anything but when you consider the frauds they play for 6 games every year it's easy to see how they have more wins than us this decade.

We can throw this stuff around all we want, but I think that we're the only ones who listen.

It's a statement of fact that Manning has had every possible advantage in his career, including playing in a dome, having top shelf receivers, and playing in a division with two expansion teams. Not to mention the nonsensical move to the AFC South in the first place, which means that even his outdoor games are going to be warm. I've never seen an explanation for why Miami didn't move to the AFC South, by the way, seeing as they're, I dunno, IN THE SAME STATE AS ANOTHER TEAM IN THE AFC SOUTH.

We can throw this stuff around all we want, but I think that we're the only ones who listen.

It's a statement of fact that Manning has had every possible advantage in his career, including playing in a dome, having top shelf receivers, and playing in a division with two expansion teams. Not to mention the nonsensical move to the AFC South in the first place, which means that even his outdoor games are going to be warm. I've never seen an explanation for why Miami didn't move to the AFC South, by the way, seeing as they're, I dunno, IN THE SAME STATE AS ANOTHER TEAM IN THE AFC SOUTH.

Technically speaking the Colts should be in the AFCN, Ravens in the AFCE, and the Dolphins in the AFCS.

When they realigned the divisions they wanted to keep rivalries of the past intact. That is why they lie as they are.

VERSUS COMMON OPPONENTS (8 GAMES EACH):

Brady = 2330 yards, 17 TDs, 4 INT, 67% completion, 107 rating
Manning = 2202 yards, 16 TDs, 8 INT, 68% completion, 100 rating

Worth noting that in the AFC East, Brady twice faces the #1, #3 & #23 pass defenses, whereas Manning twice gets to play the #12, #27 & #32 defenses in the league.

More...

Brady versus AFC south (excluding IND):
87% completion, 647 yards, 10 TD, 0 INT

Manning versus AFC east (excluding NE):
64% completion, 495 yards, 2 TD

That is excellent analysis. Thank you.

Aren't you glad that those highly paid, print and broadcast media superstars all do that same kind of hard work and thinking? But, wait, doing that kind of analysis would mean changing their group-think, pre-conceptions that anointed Peyton MVP a month ago!

Why don't you cut and paste it into Peter King's Mailbox where he just about handed the MVP to Peyton today? I'd do it myself, but I'd be taking credit for your great work.

Last edited:
Technically speaking the Colts should be in the AFCN, Ravens in the AFCE, and the Dolphins in the AFCS.

When they realigned the divisions they wanted to keep rivalries of the past intact. That is why they lie as they are.

Indy had no rivalries in the AFCE?

Baltimore should have stayed in the North, because they're geographically north and east. Keeping them in their division made sense. But Indy isn't even close to southern, meaning that the logical move would have been to send Miami to the South where they'd have a natural rivalry with the other Florida team. Indy's move to the AFC South still makes no sense whatsoever, other than to give the league's poster boy dome or warm-weather games for 80% of the season.

You can have him. But please, explain why.

The way I see it they are even a lot of physical categories, size, arm strength, accuracy, although I think Peyton's might be slightly better. And both have certaintly had weapons to use.

But Peyton always seems to be in more control of the game. I think he notices blitzes and hot reads better than anyone to ever live. Brady often relies on only a handfull of plays, most of the time they work though. Coming off the knee injury Brady does not move as well in the pocket but I'm not sure he ever moved as well as Peyton. And for the clutch factor Brady has only declined over the years and Peyton has grown.

Indy had no rivalries in the AFCE?

Baltimore should have stayed in the North, because they're geographically north and east. Keeping them in their division made sense. But Indy isn't even close to southern, meaning that the logical move would have been to send Miami to the South where they'd have a natural rivalry with the other Florida team. Indy's move to the AFC South still makes no sense whatsoever, other than to give the league's poster boy dome or warm-weather games for 80% of the season.

The Colts were an original NFL team. The AFCE consists of former AFL teams. Those are the real rivalries.

BALT is not north, it's mid-atlantic/east.

It's a retractable roof and why didn't you put a dome over your new stadium? :rolleyes:

The way I see it they are even a lot of physical categories, size, arm strength, accuracy, although I think Peyton's might be slightly better. And both have certaintly had weapons to use.

But Peyton always seems to be in more control of the game. I think he notices blitzes and hot reads better than anyone to ever live. Brady often relies on only a handfull of plays, most of the time they work though. Coming off the knee injury Brady does not move as well in the pocket but I'm not sure he ever moved as well as Peyton. And for the clutch factor Brady has only declined over the years and Peyton has grown.

1) Up until 2007, who were Brady's weapons?
2) A handful of plays? Really?
3) Brady doesn't throw on the run as well as Manning (in fact, he kinda sucks at it), but his movement in the pocket is second to none.
4) How has Brady's clutch factor gone down "over the years?" He missed all of last season. Before that, he ended 2007 with late comebacks against Baltimore, Philly, the Giants, and began this year with one against the Bills. Manning has always been deadly late...in the regular season. His well-deserved choker reputation is due to his playoff record. Seeing as you're such a big fan, I bet you can tell me what that is, as well as how many one-and-dones he has on his resume, and his QB rating for the postseason they managed to win the Superbowl.

The Colts were an original NFL team. The AFCE consists of former AFL teams. Those are the real rivalries.

BALT is not north, it's mid-atlantic/east.

It's a retractable roof and why didn't you put a dome over your new stadium? :rolleyes:

A retractable roof that is NEVER open unless conditions are perfect. Please tell me the last time Manning's jersey got cold and wet at home, or he had to throw in wind.

And we like to play real football around here.

1) Up until 2007, who were Brady's weapons?
2) A handful of plays? Really?
3) Brady doesn't throw on the run as well as Manning (in fact, he kinda sucks at it), but his movement in the pocket is second to none.
4) How has Brady's clutch factor gone down "over the years?" He missed all of last season. Before that, he ended 2007 with late comebacks against Baltimore, Philly, the Giants, and began this year with one against the Bills. Manning has always been deadly late...in the regular season. His well-deserved choker reputation is due to his playoff record. Seeing as you're such a big fan, I bet you can tell me what that is, as well as how many one-and-dones he has on his resume, and his QB rating for the postseason they managed to win the Superbowl.

1. While Brady won with Troy Brown, Givens, Branch, Peyton won last year with Gonzalez a rookie, and this year with another rookie Collie, and Garcon. Peyton turned Wayne into what he is. Brady had that with Branch only to have him leave.
2. Yes the back-shoulder throw down the seam to the TE, always used. The PA passes to Moss, two of them. One of his routes is the deep crossing post, the other deep seam to the corner. Last one Moss across the back of the endzone :rolleyes: Why do you think Revis always shuts that down. Because it's predictable. Shotgun delayed hand off on 3rd and shorts. I won't go into Welker's routes because he runs to get open more than anyone.
3. I'm not even talking bout throwing on the run, but eluding the rush, is considered moving in the pocket.
4. Mannings career is still on the upswing, while Brady's is declining. How long is he going to last with that defense and no running game.

A retractable roof that is NEVER open unless conditions are perfect. Please tell me the last time Manning's jersey got cold and wet at home, or he had to throw in wind.

And we like to play real football around here.

Fnnny how Brady can run up the score against TENN and JAX in the snow and rain?:rolleyes:

4. Mannings career is still on the upswing, while Brady's is declining. How long is he going to last with that defense and no running game.
Declining? He was out last year with a devastating knee injury. Granted, he has been uneven this year, but I would hardly call having (statistically) his second best year "declining".

But what else would I expect from a Jets fan?

To answer my own question: Nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes