PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady makes it clear: Patriots are better with Moss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Always been curious just how much power Belichick has on player signings. Maybe he drops the lever mid-season . . .

Personally, I love Moss. Everything the guy says is reported as "Moss vented" or "Moss meltdown" or "Rolling Moss was clearly stoned at press conference." He wasn't pissed off at the conference. Just too candid for his own good. But I respect him. Plays hard, played injured last year, plays each season 90% of snaps (often running down field 40 yards at a full sprint) and has caught more TDs in last 3 years than any WR in the league.

Plus how can you beat a quote like "I stayed off Revis Island" . . .

Tom Brady said the same thing about Deion Branch, and we all know what happened with the front office long term interest and strategy.
Resigning or releasing him next year , will depend on how our young offense progress,future draft picks, trades ,etc etc etc etc

Kraft will always look for the Best Bang for the Buck , that's why he is a billionaire. :)

Tom Brady protects his teammates because he's that type of guy. Ultimately, he's not the one making personnel decisions, that's Belichick, and I'm sure Bill knows the difference between what Branch brings to the table compared to Moss.

Regarding Moss's age, Bill always mentions that it's not about a players age, it's about the players performance. If Moss performs this year (which he will), we'll offer him a contract. The only question is will the dollars we offer meets his demands.

It's crazy that some Pats fans are willing to easily get rid of this guy.

``Deion is the most important player on our offense," Brady told SI.com. ``When I look at the elite receivers he is second to nobody."
Brady said Warfield told him, ``Deion was the best I faced. He was spectacular."

Brady goes out on limb for Branch - The Boston Globe

Video:
YouTube - TOM BRADY TO DEION BRANCH TD

Are we talking about the same player?

Ungrateful , shame on you.

Hey , he was an average player , now move on, to make you happy. Move on,please.

I don't disagree he played well in the clutch. He intentionally screwed the team and possibly cost them a winnable Super Bowl.

It's like debating how good an office employee was after they burned down the building.

For what it's worth, he's no Randy Moss either, he's a decent undersized quick receiver who had a couple good years. A trivia question for the future.

I don't disagree he played well in the clutch. He intentionally screwed the team and possibly cost them a winnable Super Bowl.

It's like debating how good an office employee was after they burned down the building.

For what it's worth, he's no Randy Moss either, he's a decent undersized quick receiver who had a couple good years. A trivia question for the future.

Plus, Deion was the only dependable WR Brady had until that time and so his comments back then were understandable.

I will not be surprised if Brady has him as # 3 if asked to rank his best WRs as of today.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye