Not open for further replies.

Kontradiction

On my retirement tour.
PatsFans.com Supporter
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2023 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
My apologies if this has already been posted. I did a quick scan of the front page and didn't see it. Anyway, Brady was on WEEI earlier and weighed in on the Moss situation.

NFL.com news: Brady makes it clear: Patriots are better with Moss

New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady isn't flustered by the fiery postgame comments issued by wide receiver Randy Moss, who said he doesn't feel appreciated by the team and that waiting until after the season to get a new contract would be "a smack in my face."

Unlock HQ Video HQ video delivered by Akamai

Brady, who capped off a memorable week that included a car crash and a contract extension with Sunday's 38-24 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals, spoke at length with WEEI-AM's "The Dennis & Callahan Show" on Monday morning.

Brady made it clear that he'd like to have Moss back next season.

"I told (Moss) the way I felt," Brady said. "I mean, I'm telling you, every quarterback in the league would want him on their team. He's a great player, he's a dominant player."

Brady suggested that Moss doesn't demand star treatment and understands his place in the organization

Saw a video on the patriots iPhone app of Moss showing some leadership effort in the lockerroom. It was just a little thing to amp them up and celebrate by clapping on rhythm, but it was something nevertheless. Can't post the link right now, I'm on my phone. Sorry.

Using PatJews famous phrase, sign the beast.

Tom Brady said the same thing about Deion Branch, and we all know what happened with the front office long term interest and strategy.
Resigning or releasing him next year , will depend on how our young offense progress,future draft picks, trades ,etc etc etc etc

Kraft will always look for the Best Bang for the Buck , that's why he is a billionaire. :)

Last edited:
Tom Brady said the same thing about Deion Branch, and we all know what happened with the front office long term interest and strategy.
Resigning or releasing him next year , will depend on how our young offense progress,future draft picks, trades ,etc etc etc etc

Kraft will always look for the Best Bang for the Buck , that's why he is a billionaire. :)

The 2 situations are massively different and how dare you put Branch's name anywhere close to the same sentence as Moss.

Actually marrying into money helps to ;)

The 2 situations are massively different and how dare you put Branch's name anywhere close to the same sentence as Moss.

Branch was named the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XXXIX on February 6, 2005 , is this enough?

Last edited:
What I find sad about this is that Moss likely would get resigned if he just does his job. Up until now, Brady, Kraft, and BB loved him.

Moss is insecure and acting out looking for attention, but he won't get that kind of attention out of BB. He just needs to keep his head down and play.

Whats Branch doing these days?Moss still has i feel 2 more years left in the tank.This team needs Brandon Tate to develop into something.

Branch was named the Most Valuable Player of Super Bowl XXXIX on February 6, 2005 , is this enough?

uhh no. MVP of a single game (in which Brady was the real MVP) does not put him in the same stratosphere as Moss. Are you being serious?

PS: Branch refused to honor his contract.

Last edited:
Why should we take Brady's word for it compared to, say, Michael Felger?

Why should we take Brady's word for it compared to, say, Michael Felger?

Because Felger knows a lot more about football and the Pats than Brady. It is easy to play on the field but very tough to observe and pass scathing comments. :eek:

Feel sad that I wrote the above - really - because Felger supported the Pats and Brady so vehemently in 2001 against the BG writers.

Are you saying Moss has decided not to play this season and hold the team hostage? If not, the poster is correct, there is no comparison!

IMO Moss' frustration was mostly directed at the media--esp. the local media. They jump on him every chance they get. Yet we haven't even heard a word about TO and Chad leaving the 2nd quarter early yesterday.

No. Not at all. I hate how people grade player's careers based on a Superbowl victory or MVP award. Aside from that game, what else has Branch really done in his career? He was/is a solid player and nothing more. He showed up and brought his A game to the Superbowl (1 game) and deserved the MVP award, but to put him in the same sentence as Moss because Moss doesnt have an MVP or ring is ******ED.

This goes hand in hand with how people grade the talent of a QB on rings. STUPID.

No. Not at all. I hate how people grade player's careers based on a Superbowl victory or MVP award. Aside from that game, what else has Branch really done in his career? He was/is a solid player and nothing more. He showed up and brought his A game to the Superbowl (1 game) and deserved the MVP award, but to put him in the same sentence as Moss because Moss doesnt have an MVP or ring is ******ED.

This goes hand in hand with how people grade the talent of a QB on rings. STUPID.

``Deion is the most important player on our offense," Brady told SI.com. ``When I look at the elite receivers he is second to nobody."
Brady said Warfield told him, ``Deion was the best I faced. He was spectacular."

Brady goes out on limb for Branch - The Boston Globe

Video:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1HuzcSH-yk

Are we talking about the same player?

Ungrateful , shame on you.

Hey , he was an average player , now move on, to make you happy. Move on,please.

Last edited:
``Deion is the most important player on our offense," Brady told SI.com. ``When I look at the elite receivers he is second to nobody."
Brady said Warfield told him, ``Deion was the best I faced. He was spectacular."

Brady goes out on limb for Branch - The Boston Globe

Video:
YouTube - TOM BRADY TO DEION BRANCH TD

Are we talking about the same player?

Ungrateful , shame on you.

Hey , he was an average player , now move on, to make you happy. Move on,please.

Do you have a point to make? Because it seems to me that you tried to compare Branch with Moss. Moss is a lock for the HOF and was a huge reason for the 2 highest scoring offenses in NFL history.

So what is your point exactly?

Do you have a point to make? Because it seems to me that you tried to compare Branch with Moss. Moss is a lock for the HOF and was a huge reason for the 2 highest scoring offenses in NFL history.

Also Randy Moss has the most sucessful rookie season in NFL history, most td by a rookie, most td in a single season and 2nd most tds in the history of the NFL.

Now, do you really want to compare Branch to Moss?

Last edited:

That this is what Tommy would say publicly about his #1WR no matter what he did or how he complicated Brady's already sufficiently complicated life off the field?? Brady loved Branch, raised him from a pup while he himself was still a pup. Won 2 rings together. He was as frustrated with the player as the FO (and maybe moreso) by the time it ended the way it ended...

That this is what Tommy would say publicly about his #1WR no matter what he did or how he complicated Brady's already sufficiently complicated life off the field?? Brady loved Branch, raised him from a pup while he himself was still a pup. Won 2 rings together. He was as frustrated with the player as the FO (and maybe moreso) by the time it ended the way it ended...

How can you tell me how frustrated Brady was with Branch?

Anyway this still has nothing to do with what the Patriots will do with Moss. Branch refused to honor his contract and was traded. There is 0 parallel with Moss playing in the last season of his current contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes