Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueThunder

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
2019 Weekly Picks Winner
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000...-best-signalcallers?campaign=Ext_Email_NL0526

The usual suspects are leaders on this list....however a couple of interesting things I noticed.

Sanchez has 29 TD's in 33 games and is ranked ahead of Chad Henne who has 27 TD's in 27 games....I think Sanchez being ranked higher is based on the Jet's TEAM W-L record with Sanchez at the helm....

Would Henne be a better QB than Sanchez if he was under center for the Jets based on the team that surrounds him? Then again, Miami did beat the better team on paper ( J-E-T-S ) both times they met last year.....

Comments welcome... :singing:

Last edited:
Chad Henne is pretty bad, I'd take Sanchez over him. That says quite a bit I think.

Sanchez is better than Henne, but I wouldn't exactly be pumped to have either leading my favorite team.

NFL.com news: Super Bowl-winning QBs top list of game

The usual suspects are leaders on this list....however a couple of interesting things I noticed.

Sanchez has 29 TD's in 33 games and is ranked ahead of Chad Henne who has 27 TD's in 27 games....I think Sanchez being ranked higher is based on the Jet's TEAM W-L record with Sanchez at the helm....

Would Henne be a better QB than Sanchez if he was under center for the Jets based on the team that surrounds him? Then again, Miami did beat the better team on paper ( J-E-T-S ) both times they met last year.....

I think Sanchez is better than Henne, but that is faint praise. Henne is a real limited QB. Sanchez at least can show flashes of brilliance although he makes stupid mistakes and some real bad tendencies.

Eli Manning is not a top 10 QB, and Sanchez was a bottom tier QB in 2010, meaning he's not in the top 20 as of now.

As much as I hate to admit it but, Sanchez is pretty clutch. Not near an elite qb but he gets the job done.

Eli Manning is not a top 10 QB, and Sanchez was a bottom tier QB in 2010, meaning he's not in the top 20 as of now.

Sanchez is far, far from bottom tier. Consider the list...

Alex Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, John Skelton, Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Brett Favre, Joe Webb, Shaun Hill, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Jason Cambell, Bruce Gradkowski, Tim Tebow, David Gerrard, Rusty Smith, Kerry Collins, Colt McCoy, Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards...

All who got starts in 2010.

Sanchez is a middle of the pack QB with a flair for the clutch.

Sanchez is far, far from bottom tier. Consider the list...

Alex Smith, Matt Hasselbeck, John Skelton, Derek Anderson, Matt Moore, Jimmy Clausen, Brett Favre, Joe Webb, Shaun Hill, Donovan McNabb, Rex Grossman, Jason Cambell, Bruce Gradkowski, Tim Tebow, David Gerrard, Rusty Smith, Kerry Collins, Colt McCoy, Carson Palmer, Chad Henne, Ryan Fitzpatrick, Trent Edwards...

All who got starts in 2010.

Sanchez is a middle of the pack QB with a flair for the clutch.

You're padding the numbers by using backups, but I'm not buying that, sorry. Sanchez is a bottom tier QB:

#27 in passer rating
- ahead of only Hasselbeck, Favre, Anderson and Clausen, only 1 of whom will have any likely chance of being a week 1 starter this season

#29 in completion percentage
- ahead of only Anderson and Clausen

#26 in average per pass
- ahead of only Anderson, Bradford and Clausen

#24 in TD percentage
- ahead of only Bradford, Henne, Favre, McNabb, Hasselbeck, Anderson and Clausen

#15 in INT percentage (much improved from the previous season, and a decent ranking)

Those are bottom tier numbers overall, which is right where Sanchez was last year.

Last edited:
NFL.com news: Super Bowl-winning QBs top list of game

imo sanchez is much better than henne, and not because he's got a much better D to back him up

actually when looking at sanchez, he's hamstrung with such a run heavy offense

i'm surprised nfl.com finally rolled out that rivers stat where he gets a ****load of yards in much less attempts

i remember when him and brees tied for most tds in a season at 34 and rivers had something like 150 fewer attempts but the highest yard per pass of anyone

no one has had a higher yards per pass than rivers, since brady in 07

imo sanchez is much better than henne, and not because he's got a much better D to back him up

actually when looking at sanchez, he's hamstrung with such a run heavy offense
I don't think there is really much difference between Henne and Sanchez except that Henne has a history from college through the NFL of underachieving and of being the leader of teams that do better statistcally than on the scoreboard. Its sort of intangible but its real.
IMO Sanchez benefits tremendously by the run heavy offense, because if he needed to throw often without the threat of a running game, he probably would have lost his job by now.
Both have adequate, unexciting arms, both have questionalble decision making.
Which one will have a better career will depend on which one improves more from this point forward, because if they don't improve both will be out of a job by 2013.

I don't think there is really much difference between Henne and Sanchez except that Henne has a history from college through the NFL of underachieving and of being the leader of teams that do better statistcally than on the scoreboard. Its sort of intangible but its real.
IMO Sanchez benefits tremendously by the run heavy offense, because if he needed to throw often without the threat of a running game, he probably would have lost his job by now.
Both have adequate, unexciting arms, both have questionalble decision making.
Which one will have a better career will depend on which one improves more from this point forward, because if they don't improve both will be out of a job by 2013.

Sanchez has more upside than Henne ... not that anyone's opinion matters.

i've seen sanchez make some really nice deep passes not off play action, so i stand by my statement of the run heavy offense hurting his passing game more than helping it.

people used to say brady didn't have a good deep ball and that he just dinked and dunked

people were talkin out of their ass

forget Chad Henne i say Mark Sanchez is a better QB then Joe Flacco, just look at the playoff games this year Flacco had a nice game vs KC but then sucked vs the steelers Mark Sanchez put up good numbers vs 3 teams that have played in 9 of the last 10 super bowls and have won 6

say what you want but Sanchez is a pretty good QB ( not great ) but good

Sanchez is going to be a good QB. Take the blinders off.

i've seen sanchez make some really nice deep passes not off play action, so i stand by my statement of the run heavy offense hurting his passing game more than helping it.

people used to say brady didn't have a good deep ball and that he just dinked and dunked

people were talkin out of their ass

Let me get this right. Because Sanchez has thrown "some" nice deep passes that weren't off play action, the run heavy offense hurts his passing game? Riiiight.

Tom always had the arm to throw the long ball, but it took him years to get down the timing. That said, he was always excellent in the intermediate game, which doesn't fall under the dink and dunk category.

Didn't Sanchez' TD/INT numbers get a boost due to all of the potential INT's DROPPED by defenders last season? Just sayin :)

Holmes saved his azz numerous times with some fantastic catches in tight coverage if I recall....the EZ toe tap td vs Pats comes to kind right away...

This should be a defining year for both Sanchez and Henne, assuming they play.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back