PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady=Joey Harrington

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tom uses the pocket like nobody I've ever seen since Marino. I doubt that Harrington could do that.

I know Jon Kitna can't. I watched the guy abuse the pocket the other day and just shook my head, "Tom would have stepped up one or two steps and had plenty of time." Instead Kitna sort of waltzed right into the rush. Dumb.

Most plays behind this line may not require such footwork but when it's required, I doubt that Joey Harrington would feel his way around that pocket like Tom or Marino. And there is the sack, or the hurry and the pick, and there goes the drive, the momentum, and the other guys get their offense on the field again.

I completely agree, Brady's ability to look down the field and feel his way around the pocket is amazing to watch. Joey and most QB's dance around or just run to avoid pass rushers, Brady does it with couple simple calm steps.

These are the same guys we were lamenting were going to get even Brady killed in 2005 and 2006, but I guess TMQ wasn't paying attention back then.

Brady has always been his Oline's most valuable asset. That's what enabled this team to go from 5-13 in Belichick's first 18 games to 14-3 in their next 17.

He does things the Joey Harrington's of the world will never do because he has the intangibles nitwits can't quantify or comprehend.

He is a student of the game, he devotes endless hours to film study, he reads defenses quickly and processes information in a nanosecond, he consistently makes good decisions quickly, he has exceptional field vision and awareness of what is going on around him (in the pocket) and beyond him. He is poised, he's deft, and just for good measure, he's likeable. Teamates on both sides of the ball, including those with existing loyalties, were drawn to him from the get go. He pushes them and challenges them to be better, and it doesn't piss them off because they see him doing twice what he's asking them to do. Joey has never had the support of his teamates, on any of the teams he's now QB'ed.

The only thing Brady doesn't do exponentially better than anything Harrington does is play the piano.

Joey is prolly a nice guy, but he isn't even close to Brady. OK, maybe Brady Quinn (for now anyways)...

So let me get this straight. ESPN actually pays Easterbrook money for these columns?

Let me try. Brady is the same as Chris Simms except for the line.

Nobody thought of single covering Moss, Stallworth and Welker.

That would work!

I've got more. Where do I send the column?

The only thing Brady doesn't do exponentially better than anything Harrington does is play the piano.

You're an ******* for that statement!

But it is ******* hillarious!

Man, thats almost as daft as Moss is more valuable than Brady article. Thats like saying anybody who's a half decent QB could be just as effective as Brady behind our linemen. Utter stupididty at it's best there. Rediculous.

OK let’s look at the numbers, Brady’s first year QB rating 86.5, getting sacked 41 times and winning a Super bowl in 2001. Joey first year, 2002, he got sacked 8 times for a QB rating of 59.9. Wow, sacks really contributed to his demise.

OK, OK Lets look at 2003. Brady got sacked, 32 times and managed a QB rating of 85.9 and a oh yeah, Super bowl. Joey on the other hand, went through the season getting sacked 9 times for a QB rating of 63.9. Man those INTs hurt you.

This isn’t the first year Joey has been sacked this much, in 2004 he finished the year with 36 and a QB rating of 77.5. Brady was sacked 26 times for the first time reached a QB rating above 90, at 92.6. Oh and yeah, another Super Bowl.

Joey’s problem isn’t getting Sacked, its, his accuracy Percentage has never been above 60% until this year and that leads to crappy throws, high INTs and No TD’s

Brady won a couple of Super Bowl without great receivers, and at times a suspect o-line.(the unit really came together after stephen neal and logan mankins got enough games under their belts) How many did Harrington win??? You know what it is simply easier to just say this guys point is ridiculous, Harrington Vs Brady........come on!!!!
Happy Thanksgiving everybody!!!!!

Joey Harrington has never got good protection. It's a stretch saying he'd be Tom Brady but he could be a very good QB in such circumstances.

I agree with most of this statement. Look how well he did in Miama, the Dolphins won most of their games and the offense looked half-way decent when he was starting.

In Detriot the offensive line was incredibly bad and he never had time to throw the ball to any of his recievers. Even in Atlanta he is currently playing better than Leftwhich. with the right team Harrington can be a very effective quarterback.

Tom uses the pocket like nobody I've ever seen since Marino. I doubt that Harrington could do that.

I know Jon Kitna can't. I watched the guy abuse the pocket the other day and just shook my head, "Tom would have stepped up one or two steps and had plenty of time." Instead Kitna sort of waltzed right into the rush. Dumb.

Most plays behind this line may not require such footwork but when it's required, I doubt that Joey Harrington would feel his way around that pocket like Tom or Marino. And there is the sack, or the hurry and the pick, and there goes the drive, the momentum, and the other guys get their offense on the field again.

My thoughts exactly. Brady has A LOT of time to pass usually. But he buys himself some of that time by the masterful way he moves about in the pocket.

Houston with David Carr = worst O-line in football!

Houston with Matt Schaub = we don't hear about them!

Houston has also changed their LT, LG and RT over the last 3 years. That wouldn't have ANYTHING to do with it, would it?

While Carr wasn't exactly great, that o-line was horrendous his first few years and Houston didn't do anyhing about it until recently.

Last year in Miami, the Phins had a sackfest dance over and over again on Brady's head.

This is the same EXACT offensive line.

No, its not. Mankins and Kaczur both have another year of experience. Kyle Brady is playing for this team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes