PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

brady is to locked in on moss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was at the game yesterday. I go to every game. Brady threw several passes to Moss while other's where WIDE open. The triple coverage pass was the worst. Brady threw two balls that should not have been picks yesterday. He is far smarter then throwing into tight double and triple coverage. No one is saying this problem will not be taken care of. No one is saying that Brady has not spread the ball around all year. People are saying that right now Brady is FORCING throws to Moss that are just not there. Which is 100 percent true.

Take of the rose colered glasses and have a freakin discussion instead of acting like a total homer.

Interesting viewpoints from someone who was there.......

It's called setting people up, folks. Bill Russell did it to Chamberlain almost every time they played.

Sometimes the amount of posters with almost no sports knowledge or understanding simply blows my mind.

I was at the game yesterday. I go to every game. Brady threw several passes to Moss while other's where WIDE open. The triple coverage pass was the worst. Brady threw two balls that should not have been picks yesterday. He is far smarter then throwing into tight double and triple coverage. No one is saying this problem will not be taken care of. No one is saying that Brady has not spread the ball around all year. People are saying that right now Brady is FORCING throws to Moss that are just not there. Which is 100 percent true.

Take of the rose colered glasses and have a freakin discussion instead of acting like a total homer.
i agree. i think the best example of this wasnt really the triple coverage play. it was the bomb he tried from 5 yards in the EZ when 2-3 running plays or short passes wouldve gotten us out of the hole.I am hoping he and moss get served some humble pie this week.

i agree. i think the best example of this wasnt really the triple coverage play. it was the bomb he tried from 5 yards in the EZ when 2-3 running plays or short passes wouldve gotten us out of the hole.I am hoping he and moss get served some humble pie this week.

It's amazing he kept going to Moss against the wishes of Belichick and McDaniels. You would think BB would be screaming at him.

I wonder why that was?

Maybe they actually have a strategy with scouts from all the other playoff teams in the stands?

Maybe they were confident they could beat the dolphins and were trying to play into the heads of future opponents.

I suppose they could be simple minded and only look to the next play.:rolleyes:

It's amazing he kept going to Moss against the wishes of Belichick and McDaniels. You would think BB would be screaming at him.

I wonder why that was?

Maybe they actually have a strategy with scouts from all the other playoff teams in the stands?

Maybe they were confident they could beat the dolphins and were trying to play into the heads of future opponents.

I suppose they could be simple minded and only look to the next play.:rolleyes:
look..i know if i point out something which was flawed in the game means iam a "two week fan" or not a true fan or something like that.
Somehow getting disappointed over mistakes made by our players is being seen off late as treachery against the team. iam not a long time fan of the team or game .i followed and learned it only since 2000 but i care and respect as much about the team as anyone.
maybe BB didnt want to scream at moss and brady in front of the cameras to avoid more discussions.could that be a possibility ?
how is it that this topic has been discussed so much by us and the media like reiss and its still wrong to admit what they were doing yesterday was incorrect ?
for the record i hope you are right and BB and mcdaniels called those bombs to moss so we know its just them purely trying to play around in the 2nd half not being serious. But somehow thats not how we are used to seeing this team over the course of 6 yrs.

look..i know if i point out something which was flawed in the game means iam a "two week fan" or not a true fan or something like that.
Somehow getting disappointed over mistakes made by our players is being seen off late as treachery against the team. iam not a long time fan of the team or game .i followed and learned it only since 2000 but i care and respect as much about the team as anyone.
maybe BB didnt want to scream at moss and brady in front of the cameras to avoid more discussions.could that be a possibility ?
how is it that this topic has been discussed so much by us and the media like reiss and its still wrong to admit what they were doing yesterday was incorrect ?
for the record i hope you are right and BB and mcdaniels called those bombs to moss so we know its just them purely trying to play around in the 2nd half not being serious. But somehow thats not how we are used to seeing this team over the course of 6 yrs.

If you watch the replay of one of those, the TV zoomed in on the safety who played it halfway between Moss, double covered by the sideline and somebody else running a post.

I'm sure Brady looked him towards the middle, but he went to Moss anyway. Any other player, he goes to the single coverage, obviously.

Having a player like Moss is a tremendous advantage, not only because he can catch it despite the coverage, but because he can force teams to overplay.

If the Pats, in that example, can get the safety to automatically commit (because all teams are watching these films) instead of playing it halfway, they could throw another receiver in the middle who is guaranteed to be completely uncovered.

I'm simplifying, but one play in the book where Moss is guaranteed triple coverage means a wide open receiver for a touchdown.

Defenses do not intentionally leave receivers wide open, I imagine this is how it happens.

Would the Patriots try to set up a play like this for an easy score in the playoffs? I don't know that that's what they were doing. I do know that that's the type of edge that makes the difference between a W and an L in the playoffs.

I don't think they were worried about working on their screen passes or in beating Miami at that point to tell you the truth.

If you watch the replay of one of those, the TV zoomed in on the safety who played it halfway between Moss, double covered by the sideline and somebody else running a post.

I'm sure Brady looked him towards the middle, but he went to Moss anyway. Any other player, he goes to the single coverage, obviously.

Having a player like Moss is a tremendous advantage, not only because he can catch it despite the coverage, but because he can force teams to overplay.

If the Pats, in that example, can get the safety to automatically commit (because all teams are watching these films) instead of playing it halfway, they could throw another receiver in the middle who is guaranteed to be completely uncovered.

I'm simplifying, but one play in the book where Moss is guaranteed triple coverage means a wide open receiver for a touchdown.

Defenses do not intentionally leave receivers wide open, I imagine this is how it happens.

Would the Patriots try to set up a play like this for an easy score in the playoffs? I don't know that that's what they were doing. I do know that that's the type of edge that makes the difference between a W and an L in the playoffs.

I don't think they were worried about working on their screen passes or in beating Miami at that point to tell you the truth.
we were thin on the oline to run many screens anyway so i agree.neal is one of the best for that play.
But when we have the ball at our own 1 yard line , do you think we couldve tried some running plays just to get some gametime practice in .? of course if i remember correctly, the drop by welker on that drive didnt help but with maroney needing some confidence and us being backed couldve been a good opportunity to try a few things.
iam sure those bombs which brady threw are the reason we have been 15-0 because so many of them have worked this season but logically we couldve worked in some other stuff if we could if we were treating it like practice.

Let's be honest here. It's mostly the same people crying and moaning about the team every week in the threads, along with the brand new bandwagon fans who've no idea what it's like to cheer for a team that's actually lost a game. Not only that, but the same people can usually be counted on to make the same exclamations every game (Brady keeps forcing the ball to Moss, this defense can't stop anyone, etc...). The fans who do that either don't have any impulse control and shouldn't be allowed to play with any sharp object or computers, or they're just people who don't understand football and need to Purchase Howie Long's book. When NFL the team you supposedly cheer for is 14-0 and up 28-7 on a 1-13 squad, there is simply no excuse for crying and whining in that game thread. Frankly, every man who did that should have their 'man card' taken away and be permanently barred from ever watching or talking about football again.

Let's be honest here. It's mostly the same people crying and moaning about the team every week in the threads, along with the brand new bandwagon fans who've no idea what it's like to cheer for a team that's actually lost a game. Not only that, but the same people can usually be counted on to make the same exclamations every game (Brady keeps forcing the ball to Moss, this defense can't stop anyone, etc...). The fans who do that either don't have any impulse control and shouldn't be allowed to play with any sharp object or computers, or they're just people who don't understand football and need to Purchase Howie Long's book. When NFL the team you supposedly cheer for is 14-0 and up 28-7 on a 1-13 squad, there is simply no excuse for crying and whining in that game thread. Frankly, every man who did that should have their 'man card' taken away and be permanently barred from ever watching or talking about football again.

Thats your opinion and i respect it. In my opinion calling a bad play a bad play and expecting better for that particular instance from your team/player whatever the score is nothing wrong. especially if people can start 20 different threads ,worried about the weather every week like we are a soft dome team .

This is pretty stupid. I'm not sure what it is the people who disagree with Brady's throws want. Do you want admission that Brady is throwing some ill advised passes? Sure, why not, he could've done better.

BUT, I don't think this type of play in these few games has had much (if any) effect on the way the season has progressed, and I absolutely don't think it has any relevance to what we'll see in the playoffs. Brady to Moss hasn't lost us any games, regardless of the coverage, and has won us quite a few.

well it has won games but we can't go to moss all the time.Look at these last two games.Brady has not played all that well in the jets game especialy. he was locked in on moss the whole game.The dolphins game was awesome in the first half but it sliped away from him in the second half.

we were thin on the oline to run many screens anyway so i agree.neal is one of the best for that play.
But when we have the ball at our own 1 yard line , do you think we couldve tried some running plays just to get some gametime practice in .? of course if i remember correctly, the drop by welker on that drive didnt help but with maroney needing some confidence and us being backed couldve been a good opportunity to try a few things.
iam sure those bombs which brady threw are the reason we have been 15-0 because so many of them have worked this season but logically we couldve worked in some other stuff if we could if we were treating it like practice.

I kmow it was a long post, but nobody thinks it's possible we're trying to set teams up to overplay Moss?

I kmow it was a long post, but nobody thinks it's possible we're trying to set teams up to overplay Moss?

hard to see considering moss is going to be double covered anyway by most teams in the playoffs.i dont think any more setup is needed with moss having 21 TD's.not to mention brady was getting consistently during the 2nd half which makes those 'bomb calls' even more tough to understand.

hard to see considering moss is going to be double covered anyway by most teams in the playoffs.i dont think any more setup is needed with moss having 21 TD's.not to mention brady was getting consistently during the 2nd half which makes those 'bomb calls' even more tough to understand.

He was already double covered and the safety went to him instead of the guy that had single coverage.

That's triple coverage. Playing 10 on 8 doesn't present any possibilities?

I think it does to the Patriots brain trust.

He was already double covered and the safety went to him instead of the guy that had single coverage.

That's triple coverage. Playing 10 on 8 doesn't present any possibilities?

I think it does to the Patriots brain trust.

depends what the safety saw and went to him. if he saw brady unloading and then went maybe its not such a big deal...is it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes