PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is still KING

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drewwho

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I know Brady lost the game for us last night, and as a Pats fan that is hard to swallow, but Brady was our MVP this year (and the league MVP IMHO) and he deserves a mulligan at least ONE mulligan in his career, no?

However, Manning - he just can not get it done. Tom Brady is the BEST QB in the NFL. Manning is the biggest choke artist in history. In the comfort of their own dome he still could not do it. I know it's a team sport, but he is not the GOD they all project him to be.

The game should NOT have even been this close. That incomplete pass was the worst call I have seen in a while (excluding last nights pass interference).

In any case, I am SO happy we do not have to hear about the mighty Colts and the best QB in the league anymore!

If the Colt's couldn't do it this year - then they NEVER will!

they even had the luck of the patriots playing a bad game and being knocked out of the playoffs so they didn't have to get beat by the pats AGAIN.... and they stillc ouldn't even get TO the superbowl.

Next year pats will be right back in there, with less injuries we should get teh 1 or 2 seed next year. And the continuation of the dynasty

WHY WHY WHY couldn't we have won yesterday?!?!?!?
We would be hosting Pitt at home and I know we would be in route to SB XL.

Drewwho said:
I know Brady lost the game for us last night, and as a Pats fan that is hard to swallow, but Brady was our MVP this year (and the league MVP IMHO) and he deserves a mulligan at least ONE mulligan in his career, no?

However, Manning - he just can not get it done. Tom Brady is the BEST QB in the NFL. Manning is the biggest choke artist in history. In the comfort of their own dome he still could not do it. I know it's a team sport, but he is not the GOD they all project him to be.

The game should NOT have even been this close. That incomplete pass was the worst call I have seen in a while (excluding last nights pass interference).

In any case, I am SO happy we do not have to hear about the mighty Colts and the best QB in the league anymore!

He looked like A king last night :bricks:

a_brady_195.jpg

Drewwho said:
WHY WHY WHY couldn't we have won yesterday?!?!?!?
We would be hosting Pitt at home and I know we would be in route to SB XL.

Cuz our players are human and eventually humans stumble. I see it this way, we win one superbowl, take a year off, win 2, take a year off, now we start our run to win 3 in a row :)

I'm disappointed because we had the talent to win the superbowl again this year, but we still have a great nucleus and hopefully we won't suffer so many injuries next year. This front 7 is gonna be scary.

Bruschi with a whole training camp, Colvin with a whole training camp and his step back, Vrabel a whole training camp as ILB, Wilfork and Warren another year under their belts. Willie hopefully won't regress too much with his age.

Drewwho said:

I have an extremely difficult time believing that Brady cost us the game. He made a poor decision throwing the ball to Bailey but even if he threw it away we'd have been behind 10-9.

Faulk's fumble followed by that horrible P.I. call was much worse. Hobbs subsequent fumble led to 3 more points. And Troy Brown's punt fumble was the backbreaker.

This loss is hardly Brady's fault. He deserves a % of the blame, just like when they win.

Raiderforlife said:
He looked like A king last night :bricks:

Been saving that up for 4 years now?

I don't think Tom lost the game singlehandedly. For pete's sake, he threw for 341 yards also. Though his int to Baily changed the game, there was still plenty of time to get back in the game. What Brady didn't do, for the first time in his playoff career, was WIN the game for us. He's 10-1 alltime in the playoffs, Montana, Unitas, Marino, Elway, Bradshaw, Starr & Young have all lost playoff games, that doesn't detract from their greatness, and it doesn't take away from the greatness of Brady.

Manning didn't lose this game by himself, though he is 3-6 alltime in playoffs now with 0 SB rings. I much rather have the 10-1 with 3 Super Bowl rings.

scott99 said:
I don't think Tom lost the game singlehandedly. For pete's sake, he threw for 341 yards also. Though his int to Baily changed the game, there was still plenty of time to get back in the game. What Brady didn't do, for the first time in his playoff career, was WIN the game for us. He's 10-1 alltime in the playoffs, Montana, Unitas, Marino, Elway, Bradshaw, Starr & Young have all lost playoff games, that doesn't detract from their greatness, and it doesn't take away from the greatness of Brady.

Manning didn't lose this game by himself, though he is 3-6 alltime in playoffs now with 0 SB rings. I much rather have the 10-1 with 3 Super Bowl rings.

Bart Starr did lose too many post season games. Brady is a par with Bart Starr right now. He has a great chance to pass him as the all time great.

Joe Montana didn't win the Super Bowl every year, either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back