PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is not Done. Remember 06?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatriotSpy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
This start has the same flavor as the beginning of 06 When brady was playing with a bunch of scrubs and everybody was talking about his body language. Turns out he finished strong and the next year 07 was the stuff of legends.

I'm more concerned with the loss of dante scarnecchia and the impact that his loss is having on the oline as well as the ineptness of Patricia as the DC. Are D is swiss cheese. And in line with that, i'm as concerned about Belichick's outdated defensive philosophy. Bend don't break is completly irrelevent.

I guarantee you, you put Brady on the Bucs and he's throwing 40 td's this season. You put him on the Texans and he's throwing 30 touchdowns. I promise you those teams are licking their chops hoping that they can get Brady right now.

The issue is that Brady is getting really inaccurate with his deeper passes; he's overthrowing them.

It's like he can only throw bullet passes now.

Brady was 29 years old in 2006.

The decline of most of the great QBs have happened between ages 35-38. The three exceptions are Favre, Moon, and Manning. Manning's decline has been halted with an elite OL and supporting cast.

Dude I love the optimism but Brady was 29 in 2006 barely entering his prime...

He's 37 now. It is normal to decline at this age.

The decline of most of the great QBs have happened between ages 35-38. The three exceptions are Favre, Moon, and Manning. Manning's decline has been halted with an elite OL and supporting cast.

Sorry I should have explained it better. Brady is not going to carry this team like in 06 but if he had the weapons and team like Manning does in Denver, he's going to put up awesome numbers even at his age. So yes, we agree there. The only place that he can realistically go to where he can do that is Tampa with all their weapons at hand. He would be absolutely Godly down there with Vincent Jackson, Evans, Jenkins, Martin.

And I think Brady would accept it. I don't think he wants to get Beat the eff up at his age.

^ All those posts above are great points too.

In fact, he was starting to get like this in 2012, it's just that he had some actual talent, which is what every QB over the age of 33 should automatically have.

But yeah, this isn't 2006. His arm isn't the same anymore. Back then, it was just simply a bad offense, it wasn't actually his skill declining.

^ All those posts above are great points too.

In fact, he was starting to get like this in 2012, it's just that he had some actual talent, which is what every QB over the age of 33 should automatically have.

But yeah, this isn't 2006. His arm isn't the same anymore. Back then, it was just simply a bad offense, it wasn't actually his skill declining.

His arm is fine. Tom isn't declining. Tom relies on receivers being where the coverage dictates. Maybe the offense needs to be changed. Tom relies on anticipation and the receivers seeing the same thing. Tom has an endless library if football knowledge in his brain. So he can always know what's going on. Its a problem getting all the others on the same page. Maybe it's the offensive system and they need to go away from this anticipation. It's out of sync at the moment and the game planning and adjustments are horrific.

The issue is that Brady is getting really inaccurate with his deeper passes; he's overthrowing them.

Here's my theory on that. Last year during the preseason I made a comment to my coworker buddy who is also a Pats fan that Tom has lost some of the explosiveness in his hips and he's not generating the same kind of zip like he used to. Well obviously it's going to be more pronounced this year and what's happening is that he's trying to compensate to get more power by using his arm, like a baseball pitcher overthrowing, when you do that, the ball can get away and end up high. That may be the case here.

The last time he had to throw them on a regular basis, Randy Moss was here. Since then the only time TB's been asked to throw deep passes, is from the 40 yard line deep for a TD, up for grabs, to keep the defense honest, in a situation where an interception doesn't hurt your team. And nearly half of them did end up being picks....like in the Baltimore AFCCG. Designed risk plays. Problem is they fooled no one, and never worked, because we haven't had a legitimate deep threat since Moss. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's accuracy is off considering all we've asked him to do since Moss is dink and dunk to guys like Welker, his TE's and now Edelman. Practice is what TB does best and makes him who he is, and he's not practicing those plays.

He's got no confidence standing in the pocket - you can't really blame him.

It's affected his decision making and it's diverting some of his focus away from his reads and receivers.

Get this o-line fixed and Brady will be perfectly fine. I'd bet my house on it.

(Our terrible OC calling plays doesn't help either)

Last edited:

Manning also took a year off at an opportune time that helps extend careers.....he's also a bit bigger and has not taken as many hits

He is done. Even with good protection he cannot make throws he used to make.

well said

favre was more robust and athletic than brady......plus they had a great team that year in minny
moon was also more robust/athletic.......but he was a .500 QB by then.......but still decent
manning has a great team right now.........plus nobody reads a defense better pre snap.......and nobody gets rid of it quicker......he has the lowest all time sack %

we just have a bad confluence of factors......some of its brady......some is on BB

bradys not the best on passes that require arch.....like deep vertical type routes......but we dont have a WR who can help him with that.......gronk is still not gronk

brady is as slow as molasses.....defenses can just pin their ears back and then he gets skittish....and we dont have a OL that can help him with that

Brady can keep playing if he can accept the role of a game manager rather than trying to be the dynamic one

Brady can keep playing if he can accept the role of a game manager rather than trying to be the dynamic one

fair enough.....do you think we have the talent/coaching to be a legit contender in this scenario? (serious question)

can the running game and defense be as good as they were then....

Last edited:
I guarantee you, you put Brady on the Bucs and he's throwing 40 td's this season. You put him on the Texans and he's throwing 30 touchdowns. I promise you those teams are licking their chops hoping that they can get Brady right now.

Will the Bucs give us a 1st round draft pick?

Reunite Tommy with Logan Mankins?

fair enough.....do you think we have the talent/coaching to be a legit contender in this scenario? (serious question)
Sure....but we need one thing from Brady

Eye of the tiger
0.jpg

Brady needs that look

Carl Weathers is ready

The last time he had to throw them on a regular basis, Randy Moss was here. Since then the only time TB's been asked to throw deep passes, is from the 40 yard line deep for a TD, up for grabs, to keep the defense honest, in a situation where an interception doesn't hurt your team. And nearly half of them did end up being picks....like in the Baltimore AFCCG. Designed risk plays. Problem is they fooled no one, and never worked, because we haven't had a legitimate deep threat since Moss. So yeah I wouldn't be surprised if he's accuracy is off considering all we've asked him to do since Moss is dink and dunk to guys like Welker, his TE's and now Edelman. Practice is what TB does best and makes him who he is, and he's not practicing those plays.

True, but been there's been times where he'd slightly overthrow receivers on deep routes even when they were open.

An example was last years AFC championship game, where he badly overthrew Edelman in the first half. The game could have been wildly different if that was caught.

That's at least one example of the top of my head that I can remember.

Don't say that...people already know he's done somehow..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back