PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is Belicheck's hardest working player ever...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots4Ever

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
I heard the announcers say this during the game the other night.I think it's an awesome acheivement by Brady in the words of BB.Bill has had many a fine player over the year.It is apparent that Tommy is DEFINATELY the Leader of this Team.Good to see he is getting the credit from the coach.Not that I ever doubted Belicheck felt this way.But for National TV to hear a quote saying this.Freakin Great stuff.

Just out of curiosity-how was BB's demeanor when Bledsoe was QB?

Just asking b/c since Dallas changed to Romo, this is the first time in over 2 years that Parcells even winked a smile-when Vinny and Drew were in there, it was just the opposite.

DisgruntledTunaFan said:

Just asking b/c since Dallas changed to Romo, this is the first time in over 2 years that Parcells even winked a smile-when Vinny and Drew were in there, it was just the opposite.

honestly,I don't remember.I know that It only Took Brady having come in for that one game to be announced the Starter.Though,As Ive said.Bledsoe will always be special to me.As he did come in during the Superbowl wasnt it? against the Rams to Finish the Game.Or was it the AFC Championship game,without Bledsoe playing that strong game we wouldnt have won our frist SB.Hell,I dont remember.Im sure BB was fond of Drew,But felt we had a winner in Brady.

Patriots4Ever said:
honestly,I don't remember.I know that It only Took Brady having come in for that one game to be announced the Starter.Though,As Ive said.Bledsoe will always be special to me.As he did come in during the Superbowl wasnt it? against the Rams to Finish the Game.Or was it the AFC Championship game,without Bledsoe playing that strong game we wouldnt have won our frist SB.Hell,I dont remember.Im sure BB was fond of Drew,But felt we had a winner in Brady.

Drew came in during the AFC title game in Pittsburgh. Brady won the Superbowl with a game winning drive.

PatsSox363804 said:
Drew came in during the AFC title game in Pittsburgh. Brady won the Superbowl with a game winning drive.

Thanks.Didnt remember exactly.

Patriots4Ever said:

It was NOT the Superbowl, it was the AFC Championship game.

While we won the game, Bledsoe still made plenty of boneheaded decisions that only further affirmed why he was no longer the starter.

DisgruntledTunaFan said:

It's like coaches feel they are in prison when they have Drew as the starter, and enjoy the sweet release of freedom when they go to the backup....

Did anyone catch the "Soul of a Champion" featuring Brady last night on TV. There was a good article in yesterday's USA Today on Brady. (that mentioned the show)

Bella*chick said:
While we won the game, Bledsoe still made plenty of boneheaded decisions that only further affirmed why he was no longer the starter.

Very true. Although Bledsoe did have the one TD pass on the drive that Brady was knocked out on he did everything he could to give the game away in the second half. Fortunately our special teams rocked that day and Kordell wanted to lose more than Drew did.

Bella*chick said:

Wow. Finally someone who saw it exactly as I did. Bledsoe only "lead" NE to victory because they were good enough to overcome his poor play. In his entire time, I only saw three good pass: The first to Patten, the TD to Patten and then a beautiful rainbow to Brown to convert a big 3rd down right when Pitt was taking over the game.

Other than that he rotated between aboninable and slightly below average.

Bella*chick said:

It never ceases to amaze me how some fans have phoney 'memories' of Bledsoe's contributions during the SB season. For the record, following a miserable 5-12 2000 season The Tall One Wilh A Strong Arm was 0-2 in 2001 as a starter before Moe Lewis saved the franchise. At Pittsburgh he did finish off a drive that was well into Steeler territory for a TD. Then, he proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the remainder of the game. Nothing except to throw 1 pas right at a LB who lucky for us droped it, and then fling another ball backwards over his head to Gawd Knows Where that luckily, no thanks to Drew, was also not intercepted.

Once Brady started we suddenly did not need an All-Pro OL, an All-Pro TE and stellar wideouts and CM back at RB to win. The Bledsoe Krishna excuse mantra was proven once and for all as bogus.

PatsWickedPissah said:
, and then fling another ball backwards over his head to Gawd Knows Where that luckily, no thanks to Drew, was also not intercepted.

Oh jesus I forgot about that one, I must have blocked it out. People do give Drew way too much credit for that game and not enough to Troy Brown and Antwan Harris.

PatsSox363804 said:
Oh jesus I forgot about that one, I must have blocked it out. People do give Drew way too much credit for that game and not enough to Troy Brown and Antwan Harris.

That game was all about Troy IMHO,
The 55 yard punt return for a TD and the blocked field goal by Troy, with the lateral to ?? for another TD.

Two plays of thousands that defined Troy as one of the greatest Patriot's to wear the uniform.

PatsWickedPissah said:
It never ceases to amaze me how some fans have phoney 'memories' of Bledsoe's contributions during the SB season. For the record, following a miserable 5-12 2000 season The Tall One Wilh A Strong Arm was 0-2 in 2001 as a starter before Moe Lewis saved the franchise. At Pittsburgh he did finish off a drive that was well into Steeler territory for a TD. Then, he proceeded to do absolutely nothing for the remainder of the game. Nothing except to throw 1 pas right at a LB who lucky for us droped it, and then fling another ball backwards over his head to Gawd Knows Where that luckily, no thanks to Drew, was also not intercepted.

Once Brady started we suddenly did not need an All-Pro OL, an All-Pro TE and stellar wideouts and CM back at RB to win. The Bledsoe Krishna excuse mantra was proven once and for all as bogus.

I know. And once again, I blame the media. What a storybook tale for Bledsoe to come in like a knight in shining armor to save our season! Oh, and then to graciously step aside and let the kid take the reins for the SB again. Now we find out he personally appealed to BB to start in the SB, arguing that Brady lacked the experience.

I remember how people were going on and on about how close and supportive of one another Bledsoe and Brady were, what a class act Bledsoe was for graciously putting the team first, and assorted other BS that we all know now was pretty much a fairy tale spun out by an obnoxious media. And Bledsoe is still bitter about all of it!

Pat the Pats Fan said:
That game was all about Troy IMHO,
The 55 yard punt return for a TD and the blocked field goal by Troy, with the lateral to ?? for another TD.

Two plays of thousands that defined Troy as one of the greatest Patriot's to wear the uniform.
While I wholeheartedly agree with your point (and think they should stop the game when Troy passes Stanley Morgan this weekend), Troy didn't block the FG. He picked it up and ran with the ball, tossing it over to Antwan Harris (?) at just the right moment to take it in for the TD.

Before Brady got hurt, the Pats were moving the ball. After Bledsoe came in, they didn't (with the exception of that first drive Drew finished off). It's that simple... and that should-be interception he threw was brutal.

PatsSox363804 said:

As I recall Drew came in during the 3rd quarter of the AFC Championship game at the Steelers and played the rest of the game. It was a very tough game and when Brady went out it certainly wasn't clear who would win. I recall Bledsoe threw a long pass for a key TD near the end of the game that helped the Pat's win.

The Indianapolis Star has an article about Brady that explained his anger about being over-looked as a back-up in high school and college. Brady likely sympathized with Bledsoe's plight:
http://www.indystar.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061101/SPORTS0303/611010429/1004/SPORTS

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes