PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady is back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halifax_Pats_Fan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I know it is one game and I may get flamed to no end seeing statistically how Tom played last year, I mean you can't argue with those numbers.

I just felt like watching that whole game yesterday that Brady is back, he is back to pre-surgery days. He looked comfortable (o-line played great), sharp, crisp, emotional. He feathered some passes, drilled others, stepped up into the pocket. He looked very confident.

He just looked like he is 100 percent emotionally and physically back to form.

How can you not feel awesome about that....

I thought he played great. Someone will no doubt point out how he missed a bomb to Moss or how a few throws to Faulk were high. But overall, it was a very solid performance that could have been even better without some of the drops.

He seemed much more comfortable in the pocket as well. Those high passes to Faulk were a bit rushed, but there was also a deep ball where he saw the pressure coming but stepped into it anyways and followed through. I think that might have been the deep throw to Welker that was broken up in the endzone, but not 100% sure. But that showed me he's not thinking about the knee.

Looks might good to me. More important, he shut the door on Cinci's comeback.

If this O line can continue to play like they did yesterday, Brady will surely have a huge year. If you give Brady the time, there are just so many weapons out there for him and one of them is bound to get open. I am hoping to see more of Hernandez and of course Edelman next game. I believe our offense is the best in the league if Fred Taylor (and everyone else) continues to play like they have.

I thought he was back last year, 4400 yards passing with more than twice as many TD's as int's. I just think he has more weapons to play with this year. A healthy Tate, a hopefully healthy Edelman, then add a healthy Taylor, also two really good young TE's in Gronkowski and Hernandez, and not for nothing, Crumpler's a pretty darn good receiving TE as well. Lots more options than last year. Like Cheeesmonkey's said, if he can be protected all year by the O-Line, AND all his weapons stay healthy, this O is gonna be tough to stop.

I agree. That drive ending in a TD to Gronk not only killed clock time, but putting 7 more on the scoreboard instead of 3 really made the difference.

It was those exact situations last year that seemed to always come up short and lead to losses.

Yea, it was only the first game, but it was good to see them close it out when given the opportunity to do so.

I know it is one game and I may get flamed to no end seeing statistically how Tom played last year, I mean you can't argue with those numbers.

I just felt like watching that whole game yesterday that Brady is back, he is back to pre-surgery days. He looked comfortable (o-line played great), sharp, crisp, emotional. He feathered some passes, drilled others, stepped up into the pocket. He looked very confident.

Since Tom was ranked as the #1 QB last year by Football Outsiders and looked extremely crisp in preseason, this shouldn't exactly be a surprise.

But it is great.

Brady has looked sharp all preseason as well as in game 1. He is primed for a big year. MVP type season maybe. Cause he's going to put up monster numbers with this offense.

The play on the field was there last year I thought, the difference that I saw yesterday was he was much more emotional and playing with that fire we are used to seeing from him. His relationship with O'Brien is stronger and he is 100% healthy, something he wasnt last year

Absolutely agree. He was a little off in the 1st half (game rust only) but he just looked so strong and smooth. He's got the fire in the belly.....

That seemed SO different than last year. The statement is, "OK, you've had your little fun, but now we are going to show you why that creeping idea that you could come back is just a silly notion."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back