PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady in town; will lead workouts

Status
Not open for further replies.
And you know this used to happen and doesnt happen now how?
If you seriously think BB would ever use the parking spot award on the GOAT QB at this stage in his career you need to learn something about motivational techniques.

You clearly know a lot more about motivation, the team and BB than I do.

That's some good encouraging news. I wish I could have seen the practice. Are they going to do it regularly?

If BB didn't want these guys practicing, they wouldn't be practicing.

In the past, Brady consistently won the award for off season work outs. He seemed to be the one pushing his team mates and holding them accountable.

Professional athletes are never really out of shape they eat better then us they sleep better then us and they work out all most everyday even in the offseason, IMO running around in shorts is not going to help them win a playoff game. the coachs cant even be there this was the same thing as going to the Gym with your friends

Don't you think he brings that on himself by being an arrogant *****?
I'm not criticizing him, I'm saying the media write good things about players and coaches they like and tend to ignore those they don't.
Although winning something might do wonders for his image too.

actually you'd be wrong, as brady has done most of the same things rivers has, but they don't ever call him or peyton on it...even before peyton won a ring, when he was throwing his olinemen under the bus or yelling at teammates on the sidelines, the fickle media didn't care......because rivers is an easier target, because no one's going to care if a charger is attakced by the media......

espn back then went all fox news on him lol

actually you'd be wrong, as brady has done most of the same things rivers has, but they don't ever call him or peyton on it...even before peyton won a ring, when he was throwing his olinemen under the bus or yelling at teammates on the sidelines, the fickle media didn't care......because rivers is an easier target, because no one's going to care if a charger is attakced by the media......

espn back then went all fox news on him lol

Personally, I don't mind Rivers as much as I used to. Looking at it in an unbiased (and fair and correct way) I gained respect for him after the gutsy performance in the AFCCG. I believe that he has established himself as one of the top 2nd tier QB's in the league, behind Manning, Brady, and Brees. I think Rivers' skills are way ahead of guys that the media compares him too, such as Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco etc.

He is right there with Roethlisberger in my opinion, not a great character guy, but both are pretty decent freaking QB's at this point in their careers. I certainly agree that he's c#cky, but that's a whole other story. The only guys I didn't really care for from SD were obviously LdT, Cromartie, and Merriman--all of which are now gone. I think SD provides a good rivalry for us, and last yr's game was very close. The defense held Brady to basically nothing, and they were lucky to get out alive. This yr's game (if played) will be quite a challenge.

Personally, I don't mind Rivers as much as I used to. Looking at it in an unbiased (and fair and correct way) I gained respect for him after the gutsy performance in the AFCCG. I believe that he has established himself as one of the top 2nd tier QB's in the league, behind Manning, Brady, and Brees. I think Rivers' skills are way ahead of guys that the media compares him too, such as Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco etc.

He is right there with Roethlisberger in my opinion, not a great character guy, but both are pretty decent freaking QB's at this point in their careers. I certainly agree that he's c#cky, but that's a whole other story. The only guys I didn't really care for from SD were obviously LdT, Cromartie, and Merriman--all of which are now gone. I think SD provides a good rivalry for us, and last yr's game was very close. The defense held Brady to basically nothing, and they were lucky to get out alive. This yr's game (if played) will be quite a challenge.

wow....just wow...how wrong you would be....so very very wrong

rivers and tebow are like the pinnacle of character in the entire nfl lol

comparing him to big ben character -wise?

holy ******* ****

it sounds like NE fans have no idea the kind of person rivers is...just wow

i'm literally shocked reading that...holy ****

holy ******* ****

Well, I certainly didn't mean to be offensive. I was actually praising him, and doing a nice job of giving props to your team. Did you even read my rare words of kindness involving other teams??Talk about an over reaction.

I guess I am referring to his coc#iness, so saying that he's not a 'high character guy' may be off the mark then. I wasn't aware of Rivers' tendancy to be one of the NFL's leading spokespersons, and no--I don't think many of us here would compare him to Tebow's holier than thou God-praising attitude. Did I miss his priest-hood, or his seminary school attendance or something?

Last edited:
Well, I certainly didn't mean to be offensive. I was actually praising him, and doing a nice job of giving props to your team. Did you even read my rare words of kindness involving other teams??Talk about an over reaction.

I guess I am referring to his coc#iness, so saying that he's not a 'high character guy' may be off the mark then. I wasn't aware of Rivers' tendancy to be one of the NFL's leading spokespersons, and no--I don't think many of us here would compare him to Tebow's holier than thou God-praising attitude. Did I miss his priest-hood, or his seminary school attendance or something?

I don't get it either....Rivers has shown himself to be quite a ****y jerk. Don't know much about him off the field but if he keeps it only on the field i guess he's allright.

From what I know about Rivers off the top of my head, he got married and had a child in college while still being one of the top QB's in the nation. He is an arrogant prick on the field, but off the field I believe he is one of the top character guys in the league.

holy ******* ****

Your definition of "character" may be quite different than others'. And I don't mean that Rivers is a bad guy at all. You're right, he's nothing like the rapist.

Last edited:
I don't get it either....Rivers has shown himself to be quite a ****y jerk. Don't know much about him off the field but if he keeps it only on the field i guess he's allright.

Rivers in the jerk yet it's Tom Brady who gets called out by other players in the NFL for his trashtalking?
Hmmm.........certain Patriot fans might want to rethink their position.
I believe I saw one of the pre-game shows do a piece on Rivers. Married his college sweetheart and has lots of kids....5 I think.

I know these workouts mean a lot to uneasy fans. Don't mean a thing to Bill...for a reason. Absent the coaching staff he'd likely just as soon they stick to individual conditioning drills and working on whatever their coaches instructed them to when last they parted...

they mean something to Bill.....don't kid yourself

I gotta a lot of love Phillip Rivers. The biggest knock on him seems to be that he is a big trash talker. So what? He strikes me as the kind of guy who would be talking smack if you were tossing a ball around with your friends. He's just a super competitive guy who loves to play.

I agree with whoever posted earlier, he's a second tier QB. You've got Brady, Manning, and Brees at the top, and he is with Rothlesberger and Rodgers IMO.

I gotta a lot of love Phillip Rivers. The biggest knock on him seems to be that he is a big trash talker. So what? He strikes me as the kind of guy who would be talking smack if you were tossing a ball around with your friends. He's just a super competitive guy who loves to play.

I agree with whoever posted earlier, he's a second tier QB. You've got Brady, Manning, and Brees at the top, and he is with Rothlesberger and Rodgers IMO.

Some trash talk is fine. River's is constant. Many say he is the worst in the league when it comes to that crap. You can be competitive without being a doosh. I know some "good" people that I don't like playing any games with because they become a doosh every time anything gets competitive. A little smack talk is fine. When it is constant, it is a symptom of a character flaw.

Wonder is Logan Mankins at this workout as well... :rolleyes:

Observations from day 2:

A few observations from Pats' workout - New England Patriots Blog - ESPN Boston

* Overall impression of workout: Impressed with level of organization. Looked like an organized team activity. One example is seeing Tom Brady run the hurry-up offense. Saw 11 on 11 work, 7 on 7 work.

* Had the thought that this helps keep players' minds sharp. Call a play, line up correctly, etc. Tom Brady actually lined up at WR at one point.

* Patriots huddle up at the end of the workout. "1-2-3 team" as they break for second day of Brady-led workouts. Finishing up with stretching and jogging.

* Kevin Faulk, a free agent, went through the workout. Looks to be recovering well from ACL surgery.

* Saw a Ryan Mallett-to-Matthew Slater bomb -- 65 yards.

lmfao at one the comments on that article.

In a bizzare moment from todays workout was when a nearby trash can growled,"I can't stand it Brady! Run it again. "

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back