Welcome to PatsFans.com

Brady in preseason games

Discussion in 'PatsFans.com - Patriots Fan Forum' started by BradfordPatsFan, Jul 19, 2007.

1. BradfordPatsFan

BradfordPatsFan Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

With all of his new weapons, would it make sense for Brady to see a little more time in the preseason games this summer?

I know the chance for injury is there and I know that they will likely sit him in the fourth game but in games 1-3, does anyone think we'd see Brady in a few more series than normal just to build a rapport?
  2. BelichickFan

BelichickFan B.O. = Fugazi PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +400 / 10 / -11

#24 Jersey

I think we'll see a good bit of Brady and also Cassel as he's likely trade bait this coming offseason. As mentioned in another thread, these two playing plus getting Vinny a little time will also make Gutierrez the invisible man which should help get him to the practice squad.
  3. patpatriot

patpatriot Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

It's really kind of a conundrum because yes Brady needs all the snaps with his new receivers he can get but more PreSeason snaps = more chance of injury. The other thing to consider is that Cassel's main problem is his lack of game experience. To really get him prepared to (God Forbid!) replace an injured Brady, He needs to play at least a couple of games with the 1's. Vinny we don't have to worry about since he can play the position in his sleep.

I think I would play it like this:

Game 1- Brady 1 quarter, Cassel 2 quarters, Vinny/Guitierrez split 1 quarter

Game 2 - the same

Game 3 - Brady 2 quarters, Cassel 2 quarters, Vinny/Guitierrez none

Game 4 - Brady none, Cassel 3 quarters, Vinny/Guitierrez split 1 quarter

And I would hope that all his practice reps would be enough to get Brady up to speed for the first game against the Jets.
  4. patsgo

patsgo Rookie

Ratings:
    +3 / 0 / -0

hell be throwing to these guys all training camp,the one thing that would ruin this season is if brady got hurt, id keep his snaps to the same progam hes done every year and no more