PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady in preseason games

Status
Not open for further replies.

BradfordPatsFan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
With all of his new weapons, would it make sense for Brady to see a little more time in the preseason games this summer?

I know the chance for injury is there and I know that they will likely sit him in the fourth game but in games 1-3, does anyone think we'd see Brady in a few more series than normal just to build a rapport?

I think we'll see a good bit of Brady and also Cassel as he's likely trade bait this coming offseason. As mentioned in another thread, these two playing plus getting Vinny a little time will also make Gutierrez the invisible man which should help get him to the practice squad.

It's really kind of a conundrum because yes Brady needs all the snaps with his new receivers he can get but more PreSeason snaps = more chance of injury. The other thing to consider is that Cassel's main problem is his lack of game experience. To really get him prepared to (God Forbid!) replace an injured Brady, He needs to play at least a couple of games with the 1's. Vinny we don't have to worry about since he can play the position in his sleep.

I think I would play it like this:

Game 1- Brady 1 quarter, Cassel 2 quarters, Vinny/Guitierrez split 1 quarter

Game 2 - the same

Game 3 - Brady 2 quarters, Cassel 2 quarters, Vinny/Guitierrez none

Game 4 - Brady none, Cassel 3 quarters, Vinny/Guitierrez split 1 quarter

And I would hope that all his practice reps would be enough to get Brady up to speed for the first game against the Jets.

With all of his new weapons, would it make sense for Brady to see a little more time in the preseason games this summer?

I know the chance for injury is there and I know that they will likely sit him in the fourth game but in games 1-3, does anyone think we'd see Brady in a few more series than normal just to build a rapport?
hell be throwing to these guys all training camp,the one thing that would ruin this season is if brady got hurt, id keep his snaps to the same progam hes done every year and no more

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes