PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: I hate the Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
And that is further proof of how awesome he is :)

What's Tom's obsession with the Jets? Someone's feeling threatened... :D

What's Tom's obsession with the Jets? Someone's feeling threatened... :D

Beat me to it.

When the Border Wars started and Ty Law (then a Patriot) helped up the Jets WRs after the play and palled around with them it pissed me off as a lifetime hater of all things JETs. Many old time Pats players have openly said that of all teams they simply hated the JETs, e.g. Steve Nelson. You never hear such comments about other rivals like the Phins.

Gotta love Brady being open (and not for the first time) that he "Hates the Jets". No carefull Belichick speak there. What decades long character flaw makes gennerations of players hate that team so?

I think Brady is missing out on a learning experience. He could learn a lot of from Sanchez on how not to be a NFL QB. My biggest complaints with Brady are that he doesn't dwell on preseason interceptions or refuse to take any sort of constructive criticism with any maturity or dignity (I mean when a coach gives Brady constructive criticism from the coaching staff, he has the nerve to look the coach in the eye and not fiddle with the zipper on his bag the entire time) or just joke around all practice. I guess that is why Sanchez is awesome and Brady is just product of the Pats' system. Just ask any Jets fan.

Last edited:
I feel ya Tommy

That's a good answer.

An epic answer would have been him naming his kids and their birthdays and saying, "Next question."

I think Brady is missing out on a learning experience. He could learn a lot of from Sanchez on how not to be a NFL QB. I mean my biggest complaint with Brady is that he doesn't dwell on preseason interceptions or refuse to take any sort of constructive criticism with any maturity or dignity (I mean when a coach give Brady gets constructive criticism from the coaching staff, he has the nerve to look the coach in the eye and not fiddle with the zipper on his bag the entire time) or just joke around all practice. I guess that is why Sanchez is awesome and Brady is just product of the Pats' system. Just ask any Jets fan.

This one hit the top of the fence and cleared the wall!

:agree:

I love his comment about hating the Jets. You go Tommy.

Was a bit surprised that he didn't think the team was predictable last year, but I'm guessing he has to say that.

I don't do the NFL for a living, and I can't tell you how many times last year where I'd say "they are going to run such and such" before a play. And, I'd be right. They have been very predictable over the last couple of years.

No less than Ray Lewis last year said that he knew each play they'd run before they'd run it.

I know alot of folks here thought he was too reliant on Wes, but I'm not even talking about that. I'm talking about being able to know their plays before they run them. I remember saying to a buddy in the Indy game, "they're throwing to Faulk here", and they did, and were stopped (even though they actually made it and were robbed by the refs).

But, I digress. Love the post. Love Brady. Love this year's team, early on.

What was his facial expression?? Did he sound angry about his non-contract???

It is kinda funny that Jets fans are complaining that Brady gets away with trash talking and the Jets get slammed for it:

Brady "hates the Jets" - Jets Insider.com Forums

Seriously, does saying he hates the Jets come anywhere close to Rex Ryan talking about the Jets are going to win the Super Bowl this year as if it is a forgone conclusion? What did Brady say that was so bad? I am sure most players hate their division rivals.

What was his facial expression?? Did he sound angry about his non-contract???

I think his body language is a better indicator. As I mentioned in another thread, Brady has hated them ever since he was a kid. It all started when he was on a flight with his parents and got travel sickness after eating green beans.

What I love about Brady is that he's up and doing his weekly radio appearance on D & C at 6:30 in the morning EVERY WEEK unless they played a Sunday night game. Brady's commitment and work ethic have never changed over the years.

My memory is shot.. Pretty sure last week I had a post called "Brady Hates the Jets". No luck with the search feature. The basic message being that even with all of the love for the Jets the one thing on the Patriots side is that Brady hates the Jets... And so does BB.

My memory is shot.. Pretty sure last week I had a post called "Brady Hates the Jets". No luck with the search feature. The basic message being that even with all of the love for the Jets the one thing on the Patriots side is that Brady hates the Jets... And so does BB.

I remember seeing it, and thinking it was great. Just so you don't think you are going crazy or senile.

I love how to Jest fans this is more insulting than the "kiss the rings" crap that Rex pulled.

So where are all the people who were freaking out at Maroney and TBC for 'not shutting up' when they said that they were paying attention to all the crap the Jets were saying?

Just further proof that Brady's the best, IMO. He just put the Jets on notice that they're going to get the asskicking of their lives in about a month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes