PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady: I don’t think it’s like a guest appearance... we’re going out there to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JSn

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
This snippet from Brady in Reiss' column caught my attention. As if I wasn't jonezing enough for football. Thank goodness I switched my satellite subscription for all the local Boston feeds!

Bits from Tom Brady - Reiss' Pieces - Boston.com

What is realistic for you – one set of downs, maybe two?
“I don’t know. It’s been a different training camp this year. I don’t know what he’s got in store. From his tone and the message he’s been sending to the team, it doesn’t sound like it’s going to be a first preseason game for us. I think he wants to see what we’re all about. I don’t think it’s like a guest appearance or anything like that. I think we’re going out there to play.

Last edited:
Re: Brady: I don’t think it’s like a guest appearance... we’re going out there to pla

If Brady is going out there against those Eagles first stringers, I'm going to have to be plenty drunk beforehand. God knows I'm going to have a heart attack the first time a defender is around his legs.

Re: Brady: I don’t think it’s like a guest appearance... we’re going out there to pla

i think it would be best if Brady went in there and was immediately thrust into a situation where the eagles were getting somewhat of a pass rush. i think mentally, this would be the best thing for brady. if he can get over the mental hurdle, we can start thinking of great things in 09

I think BB was disappointed in how the team came together out of the gate last season. Guys seemed to sleepwalk through camp. No sense of urgency in pre season or in week 1...

This year he's doing things a little differently as a result.

I caught some of BB's presser this AM. They asked him a couple of questions about how he evaluates pre season play, I think because the media is still trying to figure out how they so badly misread the QB evaluation situation last pre season. Bill said that they take lots of things into account including how the team around an individual is performing. Sometimes a player performs well even while those around him are horrendous... Sometimes you're playing against superior talent, other times inferior talent. Sometimes coaches play matchups even in pre season (leaving in 1's to match what the opponent is doing), other times they don't (and that factors into how you evaluate a particular players performance - who was he going up against and who was he playing with).

Interesting nuggets as usual if you really listen.

The preseason is worthless. Personally I don't want to see Manning on the field period in a preseason game. The guy has been doing this for the past decade. He doesn't need some half speed games against scrubs to get ready.

I would think Pats fans would feel the same about Brady. It's not going to help him and God knows enough guys have gotten hurt in preseason.

The only reason the NFL still has preseason games, or at least more than one or two, is because it's easy money for the owners. They get full price for everything but only have to play the players training camp money.

This snippet from Brady in Reiss' column caught my attention. As if I wasn't jonezing enough for football. Thank goodness I switched my satellite subscription for all the local Boston feeds!

How did u mange getting the local Boston feeds asuming that you are living outside of Boston? Also - by getting the boston local channels - do you still get the local channels on where you live.

unfortunately, I agree with the colt fan the owners should lower ticket prices during preseason. Especially given the state of the economy, there is no reason I should have to pay full price to see my pats play vs. the eagles when the game means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I really want to check out our rooks and I generally love seeing my team play. Because I have displaced fan syndrome Im more than willing to fork it out.

I think the preseason ultimately is meaningless, but I think it prepares everyone for the speed of the game. If you think these are played at half speed you would be wrong. Personally I think Brady not playing in preseason was a contributing factor in his injury last year.

That being said, I would rather have Brady gradually brought back. A few drives in the 1st, more in the 2nd, a half in the 3rd and finally none in the 4th, as the remaining rookies vie for a spot.

If Brady is going out there against those Eagles first stringers, I'm going to have to be plenty drunk beforehand. God knows I'm going to have a heart attack the first time a defender is around his legs.

You are not the only one. I feel exactly the same way. We fans might be more nervous about defenders around Brady's leg than Brady is.

unfortunately, I agree with the colt fan the owners should lower ticket prices during preseason. Especially given the state of the economy, there is no reason I should have to pay full price to see my pats play vs. the eagles when the game means nothing in the grand scheme of things. I really want to check out our rooks and I generally love seeing my team play. Because I have displaced fan syndrome Im more than willing to fork it out.

I have that syndrome as well I suppose. I have tickets to the game and am thrilled. :D This will be my first time seeing my beloved Pats play. I would love to see them play at home but this will have to do.

I know exactly how you feel this year I was planning to try and get some tickets when they go play @ jets but my money is kinda funny and those ticket prices are redic on stubhub.

But I really wanna see them play in foxboro neways so I can get the full experience for the money.

I'm glad TB is pumped to get out there (did we expect anything else?) and I hope he gets some good work in, but I think this is a case where Coach will curb his enthusiasm after a couple of series and get him out of harm's way. He's a HOF QB and won't need all night to get back into form. This is a mean, clean D (unlike that #@$@@#$ Pollard) that hits very hard and I don't want Tommy out there too long in a game that means nothing.

Last edited:

It's nice to see my one-star buddy back in action, taking the time hunt down my posts and give me a gold star. Thanks Ma... bud.

JSn

As if I wasn't jonezing enough for football. Thank goodness I switched my satellite subscription for all the local Boston feeds!
How exactly did you do that? Tell your satellite provider you had moved to the Boston area? Something in the set-up commands?

Besides being curious myself, I'm sure there are many Pats fans not living in New England that would be extremely interested in accomplishing the same thing.

Chill, people.
The man is not nervous about Brady's leg.
I'll be instructing a 6 1/2 yr old on the details of football tomorrow night. Her 4 yr old sister will have to work hard to keep up. I'm thinking written quiz in the morning for the big sister. Pass = breakfast? Am I too strict?

It’s been a different training camp this year. I don’t know what he’s got in store. From his tone and the message he’s been sending to the team, it doesn’t sound like it’s going to be a first preseason game for us. I think he wants to see what we’re all about. I don’t think it’s like a guest appearance or anything like that. I think we’re going out there to play.”

When you say it’s been a different training camp, what do you mean by that?
“Just the amount of practices we’ve had. It’s really been an up-tempo camp. There has been no down time. We meet three times a day, we practice twice a day. We have night meetings. We’ve had one day off in about two-and-a-half weeks. Before, the schedule has been different and you’ve had a chance to catch your breath a little bit. Not this year. We just keep getting after it.”

;)

And yes, our OL had better be tight at ALL times, even pre-season. The enemy will smell blood all year long and the first time he's hit, no matter where,we'll ALL freak and you guys know it too;)

I'm with Tommy- they've come to play:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye