PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has best game this season; QB rating 112

Status
Not open for further replies.

lobster

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
In spite of Brady getting hammered on a couple of plays, he had his best game this season - 195 yards, 2 TD's, no interceptions and a QB rating of 112. Also Brady had his longest pass of the season - 35 yards to Jackson. That seems a significant milestone given the turnover among receivers this season.

However the running game had difficulty, with an average of 3.5 yards per carry compared to 4.5 yards per carry in the first Bills game. Also the Pat's seem to be making an effort to stretch the field which should aid the running game.

lobster said:
In spite of Brady getting hammered on a couple of plays, he had his best game this season - 195 yards, 2 TD's, no interceptions and a QB rating of 112. Also Brady had his longest pass of the season - 35 yards to Jackson. That seems a significant milestone given the turnover among receivers this season.

However the running game had difficulty, with an average of 3.5 yards per carry compared to 4.5 yards per carry in the first Bills game. Also the Pat's seem to be making an effort to stretch the field which should aid the running game.

Indeed a great game for Tommy.He's getting back to the Same HOF QB we have all come to Love.WTG Brady..WTG!

NEM said:
Outstanding game for the entire team.

The one thing I think we need to do more often, because of the way Brady is getting rushed, far too often, is to throw a few play action calls in there if for no other reason that it forces the defense to think and hesitate for just one additional second, and that second could make a huge difference.

I still can not understand why play action is not called by this OC. We have the players now for play action......

NEM.DUDE..LOL...you crack me up..Whats with THE PA Calling? I realize it's always exciting to watch.But,You sure do get your rocks off on it.I think it's hilarious..

lobster said:

Based on what has happened this year (the Pats having so much succes rushing and not so passing) the Bills came in trying to stop the rush. Brady and the Pats took advantage by throwing.

lobster said:

As often happens, I don't think statistics completely tell the story. Did the running game struggle when it counted? Seems Dillon ripped off some big runs early and ran for 2 TDs.

Seems they're still trying to get the rhythm right running Maroney up the middle, but I didn't sense they were struggling in any aspect of the game today, merely comfortably putting away a familiar opponent with a decent defense.

NEM said:
Outstanding game for the entire team.

The one thing I think we need to do more often, because of the way Brady is getting rushed, far too often, is to throw a few play action calls in there if for no other reason that it forces the defense to think and hesitate for just one additional second, and that second could make a huge difference.

I still can not understand why play action is not called by this OC. We have the players now for play action......

Playaction takes longer to develop so if your protection sucks you can't run it effectively. Get it?

sieglo said:
Playaction takes longer to develop so if your protection sucks you can't run it effectively. Get it?

Not to mention the running back is out of position to pick up a rusher.

Nem said:

sieglo said:

jczxohn1 said:
Not to mention the running back is out of position to pick up a rusher.

An attempt to counter OC OCD with simple logic - good luck.

sieglo said:
I'd have to say the answer is no. And they call me boring. ;)

Brady's last four games (QB rating):

Not a bad trend. :D

Last edited:
He looked sharp, no doubt. I like it...I like it...

190 yards is not going to look good on paper, but considering some of the hits he was taking, he did what he had to when he had to. Vintage Brady. It was good to see. I am SURE there is plenty more of that around the corner!

I figured the running game might be a little slower today (can hardly say they "struggled' when Dillon had 2 TDs) because of what Buffalo saw from us the first time we faced them and from what our running game has been doing all year long. I figured it would be their main focus to try and stop it.

The key was being able to step up in other areas.

sieglo said:

NO, NO, NO!!! WE cannot interject FACTS into this we must ignore that Brady has been sacked what around 9 times this year and all but TWO of those came against the bills....just look at this fancy graph that "proves" we should have called play action...well you can't see it but he is right and your wrong have a nice day....Pats don't know what they are doing don't you know???:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back