PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has been named the AFC Offensive Player for October

Status
Not open for further replies.

DynastyDriven

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
QB Tom Brady has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October. Brady also won the AFC Offensive Player of the Month award for September. Brady had a sizzling month, leading the Patriots to wins over the Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Dolphins and Redskins. He was of 128 of 179 for 1,544 yards in those games, with 20 touchdowns and one interception.

I wonder what the record is. The guy is in the zone right now

QB Tom Brady has been named the AFC Offensive Player of the Month for October. Brady also won the AFC Offensive Player of the Month award for September. Brady had a sizzling month, leading the Patriots to wins over the Bengals, Browns, Cowboys, Dolphins and Redskins. He was of 128 of 179 for 1,544 yards in those games, with 20 touchdowns and one interception.

That can't be right. I just read that you can replace Brady as QB of the NE Patriots and the offense would keep chugging along. :rolleyes:

thats 5 games in one month...isnt something wrong with that?

Maybe if the Patriots hadn't actually played 5 games during the month of October... but they did.

(Though the first one, on October 1st, was the final game of week 4 and was probably counted when giving Brady September's award, and Reiss didn't think of that).

I wonder what the record is. The guy is in the zone right now

20 TDs in a month is a new record.
Or were you talking about most player of the month awards in a season?

Whatever it is, its hard to see it not being 4 by the end of December.

Maybe if the Patriots hadn't actually played 5 games during the month of October... but they did.

(Though the first one, on October 1st, was the final game of week 4 and was probably counted when giving Brady September's award, and Reiss didn't think of that).

owww, sweet, and there starting nov with the colts? nice run...such an unfair schedule though...we gotta get pioli to complain

The Patriots DID play five games in October, BUT...

It was my understanding that for the purpose of "player of the month" games are categorized based on the Sunday of the month in which they are played.

I believe this was specifically discussed when Brady was named POTM for October and it included his performance on October 1st.

So the game on October 1st was NOT part of this award.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes