PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady has 2nd surgery after infection

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont live in Boston so I do not see the Patriots local media. I just read on the Globes message board that Bradys doctor said there was damage in 2 different spots on Bradys knee and there was no time frame for his return. Is this true or is it made up?

No doctor has commented. There was MCL and ACL damage, so there's your two spots (along with a post op infection) and the time frame for return is May-June 2009.

It is very common to have infection after surgery and then having a second surgery to sort that out. The infection will most likely heal well before the knee.

When I had surgery on my foot I was told I would not play football or soccer for about 4 months. I had an infection the first thing i asked was how long would the second surgery affect me before getting back on the field. I was told none it would clear up in about a month well before I even had cast off my foot.

British health care is great had 2 wait a month from first seeing a GP to having the op and it was none essential.

premiership:MLS= Britain:USA

No doctor has commented. There was MCL and ACL damage, so there's your two spots (along with a post op infection) and the time frame for return is May-June 2009.

Thanks. I didnt think so. Also, we do not know that it was the knee that got infected. Maybe the doner spot was infected?

Thanks. I didnt think so. Also, we do not know that it was the knee that got infected. Maybe the doner spot was infected?

No we don't know that, and probably never will.

However, there are a few different types of ACL surgery, so if we find out it was repaired using donor material (i.e. typically cadavar tissue) then we will know there was no donor spot on Tom.

Giselle injected the T-Virus into Brady's knee while he was sleeping. Its only a matter of weeks before he mutates into a zombie / monster. He'll have to be taken out after that.

(OT, if you want to ignore this...)

Really makes one wonder about the state of our hospitals when one of the highest profile athletes in the country (world!) gets a post-op infection as a result of surgery that is not performed privately and below the radar screen but will be the subject of intense media and fan interest nationally and abroad. if they can't keep an OR or hospital room clean for Tom Freakin' Brady, what chance do the rest of us have?

Re: Brady Has 2nd surgery

Had infection post surgery myself. The fact that he says it's rare to have infections after Tom's type of surgery makes it sound worse than it is. The fact is once they open you up, your open to infection. You can't totaly guard against everything, thats just impossible.

Your being to easy on the Dr. and the Hospital and their staff. Infections are caused by germs. No mystery there. They got into Brady either by dirty hands, dirty instruments or a dirty environment. All of these are supposed to be absolutely sterile before during and after an operation. Brady actually felt sick from the infection before it was discovered. Regardless of this Doctors reputation he didn't get the job done. If I were Brady he would be off the list for good. Imagine if he did open heart surgery....Absolutely no excuse for this, none. Wash your hands using sterile technique, sterilize all your instruments, insure that the environment is germ free and all should be good.

(OT, if you want to ignore this...)

Really makes one wonder about the state of our hospitals when one of the highest profile athletes in the country (world!) gets a post-op infection as a result of surgery that is not performed privately and below the radar screen but will be the subject of intense media and fan interest nationally and abroad. if they can't keep an OR or hospital room clean for Tom Freakin' Brady, what chance do the rest of us have?

He did not have it done at a hospital, but yea - I agree.

Re: Brady Has 2nd surgery

Your being to easy on the Dr. and the Hospital and their staff. Infections are caused by germs. No mystery there. They got into Brady either by dirty hands, dirty instruments or a dirty environment. All of these are supposed to be absolutely sterile before during and after an operation. Brady actually felt sick from the infection before it was discovered. Regardless of this Doctors reputation he didn't get the job done. If I were Brady he would be off the list for good. Imagine if he did open heart surgery....Absolutely no excuse for this, none. Wash your hands using sterile technique, sterilize all your instruments, insure that the environment is germ free and all should be good.

I said it previously, the dirty little secret about most ALL US hospitals & clinics is staph etc. infections. It's a real problem.

Last edited:
Mort said on NFL countdown -what we dont know about this 2nd surgery will be interesting because talking to medical experts an infection is a bacterial one and it could effect the nuts and bolts of the first surgery which sometimes leads to a 2nd reconstructive surgery. Basically he threw out what a worst possible scenario would be.
His words not mine.

Mort said on NFL countdown -what we dont know about this 2nd surgery will be interesting because talking to medical experts an infection is a bacterial one and it could effect the nuts and bolts of the first surgery which sometimes leads to a 2nd reconstructive surgery. Basically he threw out what a worst possible scenario would be.
His words not mine.

Espn always has a way of putting a damper on otherwise a positvie statement.. :mad:

ProFootballTalk.com - COULD BRADY NEED A SECOND ACL SURGERY?

some poster on PFT has this 'insight'

If it’s MRSA and they don’t get it under control quickly, the bacteria will eat through all the newly constructed ligaments and tendons in mere days. LeCharles Bentley’s re-attached patella was nearly eaten clean through a few years back and he was never the same. If they didn’t catch the infection within the first day, Brady’s career, and his ability to say he DOESN’T have a prosthetic limb, coulb be in jeapardy.

That being said, there are MANY players in the NFL that have acquired MRSA beat it and are back to playing well (it ended former DE Brandon Noble’s and OC LeCharles bentley’s careers, Jurivicius next?). besides that, bad knee or prosthetic knee, brady’s legs weren’t his keys to his success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots