PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady for MVP?

Status
Not open for further replies.
workhorse said:
You are probably right. I think the Colts would look like the Jets with no Peyton. But I think when a player has a statistic monster of a season, it makes them a front runner for MVP. Pair that with being on one of the top few teams and they are almost a lock.

That is just a crazy assumption...Peyton Manning has the BEST weapons in football. Harrison and Edge ALONE would make Kyle Boller an MVP!

workhorse said:
You are probably right. I think the Colts would look like the Jets with no Peyton. But I think when a player has a statistic monster of a season, it makes them a front runner for MVP. Pair that with being on one of the top few teams and they are almost a lock.

I dont agree with this,
I think the colts paired with their weak schedule and division (with only the jags as a contender) would still be batteling for the playoffs with all their weapons on offense and their version of the 85 Bears Defense that everyone has been talking about!

The reason Brady will not be the MVP is the very reason why he is Sports Illustrated's Sportsman of the Year.

And that reason is because he is the "the ultimate teammate".

According to the SI article, "his greatest achievement grows out of a generosity of spirit that makes him a leader in the toughest times".

Brady will not be the MVP because he will let Dillon run in for the TD instead of throwing from the 1-yard line.

He will not be the MVP because he will not throw 6 TDs in a 40-point blowout win against Detroit.

Indeed, his sense of decency and humanity is why he will not win the MVP.

But it is also the reason why he will win the SB MVP instead.

Last edited:
Fanfrom1960 said:
He definitely should be way up there for MVP, but I was just thinking that I hope Brady makes the Pro Bowl. The years that he hasn't, has to pi** him off, even thought he would never show it or say it. Somebody mentioned his intangibles, agreed on that being big. They say that he even inspires the defense such that they would run through walls for him. Somehow, I don't see Manning as an inspiration to the Colts defense.

Edit, Pro Bowl voting is now closed. "The teams will be announced at 7 p.m. ET Wednesday, Dec. 21 on the 2006 Pro Bowl Selection Show on ESPN."

http://www.nfl.com/probowl

As far as the Pro Bowl,You know what, I get this weird feeling that Brady doesn't make it. The voters will go for Palmer, Manning & Plummer. It'll be strange not to have the QB who led the NFL in passing yardage in the Pro Bowl, but stranger things have happened. In 2002, Brady led the NFL in TD passes, and didn't make it. Probably the first and only time the QB who led the league in TD passes didn't make the Pro Bowl. Brady has been incredibly consistent, but it seems like you'll have seasons where a QB will have 39 TD passes, makes the Pro Bowl, and the next season he throws 6 TD's (see Culpepper). I rather Brady stays consistently around 3600 yards, 26 TD's and 13 INT's every year and if it's good enough for the Pro Bowl, fine, if not, I'll take a SB appearance instead :)

As far as the MVP, I think Brady deserves the MVP, just like Belichick deserves the Coach of the Year. I don't think either will get it. Shaun Alexander will probably get it, no way do I think the Seahawks are close to being a playoff team without him. My choice for MVP is Tiki Barber, he's been outrageous, without him, the Giants are the Jets. The Giants will win their division despite Eli Manning's sabotage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome follow-up by Brownfan. My point exactly with more meat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes