PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady expects to play this preseason

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Brady expects to play this pre season

I expect him to play in every preseason game, with the possible exception of the last one. I also expect that he'll be well taken care of by the starting O-line the entire time he's out there. I can't imagine BB risking any problems as Brady eases back by putting someone like Yates into the lineup in front of Brady.

I expect him to play in every preseason game, with the possible exception of the last one. I also expect that he'll be well taken care of by the starting O-line the entire time he's out there. I can't imagine BB risking any problems as Brady eases back by putting someone like Yates into the lineup in front of Brady.

If Yates is in the lineup w Brady in the game, I might drive to Foxboro myself and pull #12 from the field.

Last edited:

If Yates is in the lineup w Brady in the game, I might drive to Foxboro myself and pull #12 from the field.

That's how I feel. I could be wrong about how BB will play it, but I just don't see him taking chances until he's 99.999999999999999% positive that Brady has complete confidence and comfort in (exhibition) game conditions.

I don't see Belichick approaching this preseason any different than any other one (except for last year) with Brady. The o-line is healthy for the most part. Brady may actually may be healthier this preseason than he was last preseason. Why change things?

I don't see Belichick approaching this preseason any different than any other one (except for last year) with Brady. The o-line is healthy for the most part. Brady may actually may be healthier this preseason than he was last preseason. Why change things?

Because no matter what an athlete says publicly, after a major injury, every player has hesitations in the back of his mind until he's played enough of the sport to rebuild this confidence level to the point where the injury is no longer thought of, and we're talking about the key piece to any possible Super Bowl victory?

I don't think Brady should play in ANY preseason gms. Why risk anything? I don't care if Brady is rusty in week 1. He only has to be decent to win against a below average Buffalo team. The schedule isn't very tough in the early goings. Brady needs to have his game peak in November when we go up against teams like Indy. We only need Brady to be Brady against Indy, PIT, SD, NO, PHI, and NYG. Do we play those teams this yr? Only IND and NO in the regular season.

I don't think Brady should play in ANY preseason gms. Why risk anything? I don't care if Brady is rusty in week 1. He only has to be decent to win against a below average Buffalo team. The schedule isn't very tough in the early goings. Brady needs to have his game peak in November when we go up against teams like Indy. We only need Brady to be Brady against Indy, PIT, SD, NO, PHI, and NYG. Do we play those teams this yr? Only IND and NO in the regular season.

I disagree. While I understand what you're saying, he has to get in there and feel comfortable w the violence of the game again. Even if he goes in preseason game #1 and hands the ball off 9 times and calls it a day, I think thats a start.

Anyone can get injured on any given week, TB is paid to play football, we gotta let him do that. Let's just not do it w Billy Yates - or any OL subs - protecting for him.

Last edited:
I'd expect Brady to get minutes in pre season, then again my view on pre season is totaly different to the opinion of it in this sport. IMO he shouldn't be going into game one completely rusty with his knee also in the back of his mind when both can be worked off if he got minutes pre season.

Just seems unecessary to rest all that stuff solely on game one of the regular season and try to work his way back into his groove then, when it can be done with no pressure in pre season. It's benefits Tom and it benefits the Patriots going into the regular season.

Brady NEEDS to play in pre-season for a couple reasons. He needs to get on the field a couple times to overwrite any lingering subconscious leg re-injury concerns. And especially after a year's absence, he needs to experience game speed under controlled conditions. BB will ensure that Yates isn't in the OL then or he should be impeached. :)

Sorry for talking about the REAL Pats QB instead of some failed QB felon fantasy.

Last edited:
I'd expect Brady to get minutes in pre season, then again my view on pre season is totaly different to the opinion of it in this sport. IMO he shouldn't be going into game one completely rusty with his knee also in the back of his mind when both can be worked off if he got minutes pre season.

Definitely. We saw how well that worked out for us last year.

Because no matter what an athlete says publicly, after a major injury, every player has hesitations in the back of his mind until he's played enough of the sport to rebuild this confidence level to the point where the injury is no longer thought of, and we're talking about the key piece to any possible Super Bowl victory?
Which is why I'm giving Steve Williams the play of the day for hustling to knock down the pass and smacking Tommy. It may have earned Steve a lap and Ivan's Fears (and it's good practice for knowing when to pull up and avoid a penalty in a game) but I want Tommy to take a bruise or two before Philly gets after him.

I don't think Brady should play in ANY preseason gms. Why risk anything?

Let's just forget the whole pre-season thing anyway and get right on with the real games. :rolleyes:

I noticed that when he talked to the media about pre season Tommy said he planned to play last year but circumstances interfered. I think those circumstances had nothing to do with his condition, but rather that attrocious OL we were subjected to in pre season. Matt was truly taking one for the team, and the franchise.

I would not expect him to play again this season if that were again the case. Hopefully all Tom's metaphors will be healthy through the pre season as well as the regular season, but I think BB hedged his draft this year just in case...

I noticed that when he talked to the media about pre season Tommy said he planned to play last year but circumstances interfered. I think those circumstances had nothing to do with his condition, but rather that attrocious OL we were subjected to in pre season. Matt was truly taking one for the team, and the franchise.

I would not expect him to play again this season if that were again the case. Hopefully all Tom's metaphors will be healthy through the pre season as well as the regular season, but I think BB hedged his draft this year just in case...

BB should protect The Franchise. Us fans get frustrated when such a unique player gets inhibited by marked lack of support (q.v. the 2006 WR corps disaster with The Twig's departure).

he definitely needs to play and get knocked around a little bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes