PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady, Edelman pose in Capt America: Civil War poster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Saw the film tonight, so glad I didn't read this fricken thread first.

Those that want to put spoilers onto this thread and not spoil it for everyone then use the spoiler button

Its in the smiley face box, far right of the four in that box **INSERT** > Click Spoiler.

This is not a spoiler.. this is for info, as with Marvel films.. there is two not one little clips after the film, one soon after film has ended and another at the end of ALL the credits.

Its like, the movie has Iron Man and Captain America on different sides and beating the hell out of each other, I do wonder whether he watched the film before doing it

Saw the film tonight, so glad I didn't read this fricken thread first.

Those that want to put spoilers onto this thread and not spoil it for everyone then use the spoiler button

Its in the smiley face box, far right of the four in that box **INSERT** > Click Spoiler.

This is not a spoiler.. this is for info, as with Marvel films.. there is two not one little clips after the film, one soon after film has ended and another at the end of ALL the credits.
There are literally no spoilers in this thread.

There are literally no spoilers in this thread.

Telling everyone Spiderman is in the movie is a pretty big spoiler if you ask me.

Telling everyone there is a massive fight between Iron Man and Captain America is a pretty big spoiler.

No I do not watch trailers. They are a fricken huge spoilers. ;)

Telling everyone Spiderman is in the movie is a pretty big spoiler if you ask me.

Telling everyone there is a massive fight between Iron Man and Captain America is a pretty big spoiler.

If it's in a trailer that's on TV every forty seconds, it can't be a spoiler. I can't believe that anyone managed to avoid knowing that Spidey was in there, because it's been all over the news for a year. And the whole plot of the movie is a fight between Cap and Iron Man, for Pete's sake!

I need some aspirin. :D

If it's in a trailer that's on TV every forty seconds, it can't be a spoiler. .. And the whole plot of the movie is a fight between Cap and Iron Man, for Pete's sake!

Wait! So Elon Musk is in this movie?

He was in the trailer. Did you go into this movie in a complete entertainment blackout? They premiered Spider-Man in the trailer almost 3 months ago.

I actively avoid trailers and such so Spiderman was a pleasant surprise in the movie. Then again, if I didn't want to know spoilers, I'd have avoided this thread until after I saw the movie...but that's just me.

By the way, I thought it was pretty great as a film...but you could just as easily call it Avengers 2.5

He was in the trailer. Did you go into this movie in a complete entertainment blackout? They premiered Spider-Man in the trailer almost 3 months ago.

Yes, I purposely don't watch trailers. The nearest thing I get to seeing what happens in the next movie is the clips Marvel add at the end of its movies, or I may catch one whilst waiting for a film to start.

Saying that, I also hate TV shows that at the end of the show, have a trailer that says, coming next week.

The reason I go to see a film is because a certain actor will be in it, or like Marvel I can pretty much accept that I am likely to enjoy, I don't need a trailer to tell me whether to see a film. Star Wars.. like I wasn't going to see it. lol I'm a film fan, I don't need enticing to see films.

Rest assured. I would have been pissed if I had read this thread prior to seeing it, and like the poster above I purposely didn't read it until I had because I guess I know people will talk about it. Its human nature to.

Oh and trailers in the cinema, I book seats so I know I have my seats, so I get there always 15-20mins after start time. Or if I am early I put my stuff in my seat, leave the others I am with and go get refreshments.

For me it was great seeing the new addition to the cast yesterday. Totally unexpected and pretty cool.

If it's in a trailer that's on TV every forty seconds, it can't be a spoiler. I can't believe that anyone managed to avoid knowing that Spidey was in there, because it's been all over the news for a year. And the whole plot of the movie is a fight between Cap and Iron Man, for Pete's sake!

I need some aspirin. :D

I am in the UK so we don't get commercials like you in the US, they are not repeated over and over and I might not see the same advert until a day later. In any case, my TV viewing is vastly different to the masses, although with the introduction of streaming its becoming more mainstream. I have a PVR as do most, if a TV show is on I basically record, I never watch them live, I wait till the season is over too, and then I watch the whole series over say 4 nights whilst fast forwarding through adverts at a rate of x30. Yes I keep out of conversations of what happened in the last Game of Thrones, and don't go to fan sites or read TV reviews etc. Also as suggested, streaming.. I don't get any adverts on illegal sites, even Netflix I use on occasion and there doesn't seem to be any. Also, now our service you get to Download and catch-up service so you can join in on a show in week 8 if you wish, with the downloads you get zero adverts, so many shows instead of an hour are 40mins for me.

My biggest problem doing it this way is knowing when TV shows are starting, because they are advertised so thankfully, I have a basic Satellite deal whereby I still get notified by the company of new shows starting or old shows I have favourited.

I am in the UK so we don't get commercials like you in the US, they are not repeated over and over and I might not see the same advert until a day later. In any case, my TV viewing is vastly different to the masses, although with the introduction of streaming its becoming more mainstream. I have a PVR as do most, if a TV show is on I basically record, I never watch them live, I wait till the season is over too, and then I watch the whole series over say 4 nights whilst fast forwarding through adverts at a rate of x30. Yes I keep out of conversations of what happened in the last Game of Thrones, and don't go to fan sites or read TV reviews etc. Also as suggested, streaming.. I don't get any adverts on illegal sites, even Netflix I use on occasion and there doesn't seem to be any. Also, now our service you get to Download and catch-up service so you can join in on a show in week 8 if you wish, with the downloads you get zero adverts, so many shows instead of an hour are 40mins for me.

My biggest problem doing it this way is knowing when TV shows are starting, because they are advertised so thankfully, I have a basic Satellite deal whereby I still get notified by the company of new shows starting or old shows I have favourited.
The way you describe commercials over there sounds like Heaven. :)

We just cut the cable/satellite cord for good a few weeks ago, and I honestly don't miss it. Hulu/Netflix/Amazon covers just about everything. Saving $150/month, too, so that's nice.

We got rid of all the premium channels, which was adding upto about £80 a month. I now only have the skeleton offer, which provides me about 6o Freeview channels but also the affinity to have multi-room and the use of the PVR at about £10 month.

Some of that £80 has gone on £17 month passes to the cinema, whereby we can see as many films, as many times we want every month. Its a great deal because its £12 for adults just to watch the one film here. Its great too because you get to spend time with family, instead of putting a film on at home, where they are stuck in there rooms and leave back to there room to play consoles the moment the credits start. So glad to have that aspect back. Now we may stop at a Bistro, or milkshake shop prior to going home.

Life gets better after cutting the cord

I actively avoid trailers and such so Spiderman was a pleasant surprise in the movie. Then again, if I didn't want to know spoilers, I'd have avoided this thread until after I saw the movie...but that's just me.

By the way, I thought it was pretty great as a film...but you could just as easily call it Avengers 2.5
Supposedly the Russos are doing the next two Avengers movies instead of Joss Whedon so those should be treats too.

Supposedly the Russos are doing the next two Avengers movies instead of Joss Whedon so those should be treats too.
I felt like the Russos took the great cross-section of humor and epicness from Avengers 1 and evolved it to a higher level in Cap 2, then Age of Ultron was a step back from Avengers 1. If Cap 3 is a step forward from Cap 2, then I can only imagine how they'll treat an ACTUAL Avengers movie.

Have to give credit to James Gunn too, though - Guardians of the Galaxy was just SO well done it was incredible, way higher on the "humor" scale while still registering on the "epic" scale.

Yes, I purposely don't watch trailers. The nearest thing I get to seeing what happens in the next movie is the clips Marvel add at the end of its movies, or I may catch one whilst waiting for a film to start.

Saying that, I also hate TV shows that at the end of the show, have a trailer that says, coming next week.

The reason I go to see a film is because a certain actor will be in it, or like Marvel I can pretty much accept that I am likely to enjoy, I don't need a trailer to tell me whether to see a film. Star Wars.. like I wasn't going to see it. lol I'm a film fan, I don't need enticing to see films.

Rest assured. I would have been pissed if I had read this thread prior to seeing it, and like the poster above I purposely didn't read it until I had because I guess I know people will talk about it. Its human nature to.

Oh and trailers in the cinema, I book seats so I know I have my seats, so I get there always 15-20mins after start time. Or if I am early I put my stuff in my seat, leave the others I am with and go get refreshments.

For me it was great seeing the new addition to the cast yesterday. Totally unexpected and pretty cool.

You're in the UK, but here in the States, if you want to watch a movie without worrying about trailers spoiling things, just go to a military post. I don't watch movies on post much for a variety of reasons, but the trailers are way past expired. I actually saw Civil War on post and there were trailers for BvS and a few other old ones. I almost expected to see a Star Wars trailer

o_O

Decent movie... felt more like Avengers 2.1 than Captain America, but good regardless.

Not a spoiler, but a line that will pique your interest... paraphrased... spoken by Tony Stark...

"Anybody else got new superpowers they want to tell us about?" LOL

Last edited:
I saw the trailer....

11_DesignFlawsTOP.jpg

didn't like it one bit...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back