Status
Not open for further replies.

RecoveringCowboy

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
The real civil war is with the NFL.

Julian Edelman photoshopped himself and Tom Brady onto a Captain America poster

Chx8VRJWMAAdkTq.jpg

Man, that's a nice job. That looks great.

That's a really good shop. I appreciate how he even has all the names changed at the bottom.

That's a really good shop. I appreciate how he even has all the names changed at the bottom.

I didn't catch that.

I for one point out stupid social media posts, but its time to get positive.

Hope people remember this slam dunk job Edelman did when he's done with football.

Seems like he will do a great job for someone.

Great movie. Great players. Great times.

MURIKA.

Saw this last night. I'll be seeing it again. This vaulted right up with "The Dark Knight" as the best superhero movie I've ever seen.

What is this movie about? Keep seeing Facebook post everything about it.

What is this movie about? Keep seeing Facebook post everything about it.

The U.S. government tries to rein in the Avengers after the amount of human losses and collateral damage in the first two Avengers movies and put the Avengers under U.N. control, meaning that, if the Avengers have to act against a threat, a U.N. council will have to vote to approve it first. Tony Stark is haunted by the amount of lives lost at their hands and agrees that they need to be put in check while Captain America thinks that U.N. intervention in their business will cause hesitation and, if a threat persists, they need to be able to act and act quickly. Some of the Avengers agree with Iron Man and side with him, others agree with Cap and side with him. Then there is a terrorist attack where The Winter Soldier is supposedly to blame and Captain America, sides with him to protect him and basically puts the two sides on a collision course. That's just the basics, though. The plot is actually much more complicated than that.

The U.S. government tries to rein in the Avengers after the amount of human losses and collateral damage in the first two Avengers movies and put the Avengers under U.N. control, meaning that, if the Avengers have to act against a threat, a U.N. council will have to vote to approve it first. Tony Stark is haunted by the amount of lives lost at their hands and agrees that they need to be put in check while Captain America thinks that U.N. intervention in their business will cause hesitation and, if a threat persists, they need to be able to act and act quickly. Some of the Avengers agree with Iron Man and side with him, others agree with Cap and side with him. Then there is a terrorist attack where The Winter Soldier is supposedly to blame and Captain America, sides with him to protect him and basically puts the two sides on a collision course. That's just the basics, though. The plot is actually much more complicated than that.
Well ****, that sounds a lot cooler than I thought it'd be. Have to get around to seeing it.

Well ****, that sounds a lot cooler than I thought it'd be. Have to get around to seeing it.

I'd recommend watching both "Avenger" movies or at least watching "The Winter Soldier" before seeing this. I haven't seen "The Winter Soldier" yet and some of the references in this movie were from that one and I didn't get it. Still, I was able to easily follow the plot.

I'm an avid MCU fan, have seen all the Marvel movies in this universe so far plus watch Agents of SHIELD (and Agent Carter) weekly on TV, so I'm super excited for this one. Captain America is my favorite, though Spider-Man was my old favorite before the new universe, so I'm even more excited to see the new version here.

Saw it yesterday morning, and it was incredible. The airport battle royale was probably the greatest fight scene I've ever seen, the humor was fantastic, and the new additions (Spider-Man, Black Panther, and Ant-Man) were pure joys to watch.

Having said that, Jules is way too cool to be compared to that tool Tony Stark.

"Look at me" Edelman can't go 24 hours without manufacturing more worthless media filler…. Boston's Kim Kardashian. At least Dennis Rodman's "Look at Me" phase was entertaining. And now Brady is playing the social media game? These guys need longer seasons. Instead of taking selfies of each other, why not head up to Maine with a crate of eggs and and spools of toilet paper…and get busy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes