PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady cried on Welker's shoulder ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Didn't i read somewhere that Gisele said that Tom is innocent sometimes, almost like a little boy? If so, this article wouldn't surprise me.

No, I'm just someone that saves crying for when loved ones die and other sad events. Losing to the Jets isn't exactly a sad event, particularly given that they stunk out the joint yesterday. If they WERE crying, it should be over their own performance in that game. That was enough to make a grown man cry.

Also, please explain the correlation between me criticizing them crying and being spoiled. I'd love to hear that logic.

I'd rather hear your logic for criticizing how they express caring about this game when you checked out and gave up on them halfway through the 3rd quarter yesterday.

I'd rather hear your logic for criticizing how they express caring about this game when you checked out and gave up on them halfway through the 3rd quarter yesterday.

1. I don't play for the team. Who cares what I thought?

2. My logic behind that was that the first drive in the 3rd quarter would tell us a lot about how they would play the rest of the game. That's solid logic when it comes to football, and if you've ever coached or played the game, you would know. They came out and started the drive the exact same way they played in the first half, without passion. It was my opinion then that they probably weren't going to win the game. You obviously disagreed. Now tell me who was right?

3. How is your question relevant to the thread? Outside of going personal. That's like me bringing up your epic failure of an argument when it came to disciplining Moss after the Panthers game last year. Completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Look, that's cool that Brady and Welker still have that kind of passion for the game. But come on. You're men. You're professional football players. Save the crying for particularly sad events. Personally, I don't want to see these guys cry after the games they had yesterday. You want to know what I want to see? Anger. I want to see them seething and biting at the bit to get back at it. I want to see them pissed off at themselves (the way Brady seems to be today) over that outing. I don't want to see them misty and crying on each other's shoulders like a couple of women in an Oxygen channel movie.

Last edited:
How about you go through what those two have before opening your yap about how they should feel? Man up indeed. Good Christ. Some tough guy you are behind a keyboard and monitor.

Some of you "fans" are beyond spoiled. Some of you are downright inhuman in your expectations of these guys.

This I agree with. For these guys, its not just a football game, its their livelihood. Their 24/7. Year round, this is what their preparation comes down to and they really let this one go. I get that its just a game and on the grand scheme of life, none of this matters in the end. But for these players, that disappointment will be even greater then ours. At least we can go back to our regular lives and not have to be reminded of it 24/7. For them, even the lack of football will remind them of their major eff up and how they could have won this game had they done a better job. That's hard to live with. And yes its their fault, but they're allowed to be disappointed in themselves. Showing emotion is one way of dealing with this. It's not about being a man, its raw human emotion.

Last edited:
I am really not so sure Brady has the desire he once had

He has a Wife,sons and a modeling career to look after as well - He didnt have all this stuff to deal with in his life 10 years ago.

I am sure he still loves the game and is competitive as we can easily see but the desire to lead his team to the glory of years past does not seem to be the case anymore.

I am really not so sure Brady has the desire he once had

He has a Wife,sons and a modeling career to look after as well - He didnt have all this stuff to deal with in his life 10 years ago.

I am sure he still loves the game and is competitive as we can easily see but the desire to lead his team to the glory of years past does not seem to be the case anymore.

I am not really so sure you thought that entire post through.

1. I don't play for the team. Who cares what i thought?

2. My logic behind that was that the first drive in the 3rd quarter would tell us a lot about how they would play the rest of the game. That's solid logic when it comes to football, and if you've ever coached or played the game, you would know. They came out and started the drive the exact same way they played in the first half, without passion. It was my opinion then that they probably weren't going to win the game. You obviously disagreed. Now tell me who was right?

3. How is your question relevant to the thread? Outside of going personal. That's like me bringing up your epic failure of an argument when it came to disciplining moss after the panthers game last year. Completely irrelevant to the conversation.

Look, that's cool that brady and welker still have that kind of passion for the game. But come on. You're men. You're professional football players. Save the crying for particularly sad events. Personally, i don't want to see these guys cry after the games they had yesterday. you want to know what i want to see? Anger. I want to see them seething and biting at the bit to get back at it. I want to see them pissed off at themselves (the way brady seems to be today) over that outing. I don't want to see them misty and crying on each other's shoulders like a couple of women in an oxygen channel movie.

This I agree !!!!!!

Last edited:
1. I don't play for the team. Who cares what I thought?
Exactly. Who cares what you think? Leave Brady and Welker to deal with this how they will.

Whatever you need to tell yourself.

3. How is your question relevant to the thread? Outside of going personal.
You're questioning the manhood of the man who brought you three SB championships, nearly a 19-0 season, came back from an improbable, should-have-been-a-career-ending injury, and led his team to 14-2 this year. You're holding them to a standard you don't have any right to.

Look, that's cool that Brady and Welker still have that kind of passion for the game. But come on. You're men. You're professional football players. Save the crying for particularly sad events.
This is a sad event. People cry when they lose jobs, when projects fail. Hell, sometimes people cry when their children lose little league games. Why don't you be you, and let Tom and Wes be Tom and Wes? Until you're out there on the field with them, I don't think you have a right to question their grief process when they're in private.

Exactly. Who cares what you think? Leave Brady and Welker to deal with this how they will.

You're questioning the manhood of the man who brought you three SB championships, nearly a 19-0 season, came back from an improbable, should-have-been-a-career-ending injury, and led his team to 14-2 this year. You're holding them to a standard you don't have any right to.

This is a sad event. People cry when they lose jobs, when projects fail. Hell, sometimes people cry when their children lose little league games. Why don't you be you, and let Tom and Wes be Tom and Wes? Until you're out there on the field with them, I don't think you have a right to question their grief process when they're in private.

People forget that Welker had a major knee injury and never missed a game.I am sure he earned a few tears after a loss.

This is a message board. People sign up to weigh in with their opinions. It is my opinion that they should be expressing anger instead of crying like women. It's my right as a member of this message board to express it. And, forgive me for saying this, but if you didn't care what I thought, you wouldn't be continuing this back and forth.

I don't need to tell myself anything. I expressed my thoughts clearly and concisely in both the chat room and the game thread. I continued to watch the game until the Bart Scott presser even though I felt that way. That, right there, is the very definition of not giving up on your team. To go down with the ship even though you, as someone that has played and has a deep understanding of the game, know that the team is probably going to lose in the back of your head. If you didn't comprehend what I was saying, it's not my fault. It's simply a reading comprehension failure of your's.

So I ask you again: which of us was right? Was I right for saying that the Pats probably weren't going to win the game since they continued to not show any passion? Or were you right in whatever the hell your stance was?

You're questioning the manhood of the man who brought you three SB championships, nearly a 19-0 season, came back from an improbable, should-have-been-a-career-ending injury, and led his team to 14-2 this year.

I'm not questioning the manhood of anybody. As a matter of fact, I'm saying that Brady is a man's man and has proven himself to be just that many times. As a man's man, you shouldn't be crying after a loss like this in which you, among others, stunk things up on the field. You should be angry.

You're holding them to a standard you don't have any right to.

Sure I do. Being a member of a message board that's centered around discussion and giving an opinion grants me the right to do just that.

One of the weaker points you've ever made. Being on the field with the team is not a requirement for weighing in on anything they do in public or private. For instance, I don't have to be on the field with them to criticize bad play calling or bad passes when I see them. Why would I have to be on the field with them to criticize how they react to a loss that both were very much a big part of? Once again, I want to see them pissed off. I want to see them in the locker room throwing their helmets around and punching the lockers. I want to see them seething. I want to see them wishing that August was here so they could start right now.

What I don't want to hear about is how they cried on one another's shoulder when better play, particularly out of Brady, would have prevented the loss. As I said before, man the **** up.

Even if it's not true I think he seemed too serious in this game. Whether it was just standing next to the rest of the team while they were getting pumped before the game or on the sideline looking at the ground while the defense was on the field. What happened to the Brady we saw at the Steelers game that got the team rallied around him and showed the most emotion we've seen since the super bowl years? He reverted back to the way he was in 2007 and 2009

KontradictioN, you're taking this loss far too personally. You need to calm down. At least "womanly" Tom was able to compose himself well enough for a presser. Heh.

yeah this is BS...sure as hell looked like he didn't care that much on the field

It is a very stressful position he was in but in any case, what he does in private is none of our business.

Oh, here we go. Big manly men don't cry, they just get angry so we can all appreciate their big manly manhood. Just FYI, I think that attitude is one of the reasons your gender pretty much drops down dead circa age 70. Just sayin'

Tom and Wes put more of themselves in this team than any of you guys chastising them from behind your keyboard. Save your tears for sad events? To them, it was a sad event. So sorry it doesn't meet your rigorous standards of "funeral or bust". Also, when my grandfather died he was 94 and had been suffering from Alzheimer's. People were actually happy.

Isn't "crying on the shoulder" a figure of speech? I seriously doubt he was actually crying...

I think anyone who has been around sports, or competed in anything, knows that you get invested in it emotionally.

Sometimes crying isn't just for when a relative croaks. That's one dimensional and our minds don't work that way.

I've seen people so heavily invested in their day job they cry their eyes out when a proposal fails or a project tanks.

I've seen athletes, on all levels, in just about every sport, ball their eyes out in victory and defeat. An excellent example of this is collegiate wrestling. Obscure as it is, as unpopular as it is, the people who compete are DEEPLY invested in what can be a particularly brutal sport.

Conversely, I've seen some athletes go completely bezerk and "get angry" in defeat.

I don't know what the right response is. It depends on the person. But if this did happen I think we can chalk it up to competitive failure and not a lot else. Regardless, I don't think it makes one a ****.

Last edited:
This is a message board. People sign up to weigh in with their opinions. It is my opinion that they should be expressing anger instead of crying like women. It's my right as a member of this message board to express it. And, forgive me for saying this, but if you didn't care what I thought, you wouldn't be continuing this back and forth.

I don't need to tell myself anything. I expressed my thoughts clearly and concisely in both the chat room and the game thread. I continued to watch the game until the Bart Scott presser even though I felt that way. That, right there, is the very definition of not giving up on your team. To go down with the ship even though you, as someone that has played and has a deep understanding of the game, know that the team is probably going to lose in the back of your head. If you didn't comprehend what I was saying, it's not my fault. It's simply a reading comprehension failure of your's.

So I ask you again: which of us was right? Was I right for saying that the Pats probably weren't going to win the game since they continued to not show any passion? Or were you right in whatever the hell your stance was?

I'm not questioning the manhood of anybody. As a matter of fact, I'm saying that Brady is a man's man and has proven himself to be just that many times. As a man's man, you shouldn't be crying after a loss like this in which you, among others, stunk things up on the field. You should be angry.

Sure I do. Being a member of a message board that's centered around discussion and giving an opinion grants me the right to do just that.

One of the weaker points you've ever made. Being on the field with the team is not a requirement for weighing in on anything they do in public or private. For instance, I don't have to be on the field with them to criticize bad play calling or bad passes when I see them. Why would I have to be on the field with them to criticize how they react to a loss that both were very much a big part of? Once again, I want to see them pissed off. I want to see them in the locker room throwing their helmets around and punching the lockers. I want to see them seething. I want to see them wishing that August was here so they could start right now.

What I don't want to hear about is how they cried on one another's shoulder when better play, particularly out of Brady, would have prevented the loss. As I said before, man the **** up.

I've cried because of anger before.
Also, how is throwing things around and punching lockers, basically acting like a child, "manning the **** up"?
That sounds much more like "baby the **** down"
These guys are adults and professionals, not kids. I'd much rather they cry to show that this means a lot to them rather than have them throw a temper tantrum like a two year old who wants something they can't have.

No video or photo = LIES!!!

Oh, here we go. Big manly men don't cry, they just get angry so we can all appreciate their big manly manhood. Just FYI, I think that attitude is one of the reasons your gender pretty much drops down dead circa age 70. Just sayin'

Tom and Wes put more of themselves in this team than any of you guys chastising them from behind your keyboard. Save your tears for sad events? To them, it was a sad event. So sorry it doesn't meet your rigorous standards of "funeral or bust". Also, when my grandfather died he was 94 and had been suffering from Alzheimer's. People were actually happy.

Agreed, I would be a little more disturbed that a topic was started to be surprised that he had that much compassion for the game or his fans.

Im sure TB is physically ill today. You don't get to were TB is by not caring deeply for the team,game, and fans. Im sure when he couldn't pull it off he felt like he let everyone down. I wouldn't want to be in his shoes.

I take everything in the media with a grain of salt, but I would have broken down after losing that game. I did after losing the state championship, because I sprained my ankle in the 2nd quarter. You work very hard for the team and fans, and when god throws you a curve ball, it hurts. IF he did break down it would only make me admire him more. Its better to live in the present than live in denial.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots