PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady could miss games in 2016 instead of 2015?

Status
Not open for further replies.
National pundits can't get it through their head that there is a real chance that Brady doesn't sit out a single game period so they keep trying to move the goal posts.
The best is felger and others now crying BRADY SHOULD TAKE TEW GAMES 4 the GUd of the TEAM!!!!

Since they know they'll look like complete ****s when he serves 0 games and they called him a cheat.

The best is felger and others now crying BRADY SHOULD TAKE TEW GAMES 4 the GUd of the TEAM!!!!

Since they know they'll look like complete ****s when he serves 0 games and they called him a cheat.

Volin is among the morons on the "Take the certainty of 2 games at the beginning of the season" bandwagon.

Bountygate players didn't miss one game because of suspension. NFL has less of a claim for suspending Brady than they did those players.

All they did was intentionally try to injure players to help them win a SB. And it was successful. As it turned out they ended up playing against Peyton in the SB. They didn't want him injured so he could throw the game ending pick six, which he did.

On a boring day PFT needs to manufacture something, anything to see what sticks..

All they did was intentionally try to injure players to help them win a SB. And it was successful. As it turned out they ended up playing against Peyton in the SB. They didn't want him injured so he could throw the game ending pick six, which he did.

FWIW, if they were running a bounty to knock players out of games they did a lousy job of it, since they had one of the lowest opponent injury rates in that span.

The goal of every defensive lineman is to knock the qb out when they hit him. The goal of every back 7 player is to light up the skill position player. They don't try to tackle you. They try to punish you. They shouldn't have given money for it. It's more of a cap issue to me than bountygate.

The goal of every defensive lineman is to knock the qb out when they hit him. The goal of every back 7 player is to light up the skill position player. They don't try to tackle you. They try to punish you. They shouldn't have given money for it. It's more of a cap issue to me than bountygate.
Exactly...this wasn't an issue about violence. It was an issue about nipping in the bud the potential for circumventing the cap and compensating players outside of the contractural agreements with their clubs.

With that said, the league still overreacted in a major way.

• Agree
Reactions: PP2

I thought the Bountygate scandal was as made up as Spygate was. Take something that teams have literally been doing as accepted practice for decades and turn it into a scandal of mass proportions. Both should have been addressed with a franchise fine and nothing more other than the warning that they are no longer accepted practice in the NFL. Deflategate is in a class by itself because they literally made this sh.t up, the sanctions should have been Goodell, Kensil and Vincent losing their jobs and the Patriots getting the Colts first round pick next year.

Like Vilma said...take their asses to court

FWIW, if they were running a bounty to knock players out of games they did a lousy job of it, since they had one of the lowest opponent injury rates in that span.

I believe that the Saints were running a bounty program. Don't you?
I also believe that knocking out one key player is a hell of a lot more effective than knocking out any number of average players.
I also believe that the Saints have received a free pass for such a blatant violation. I wonder what's behind that.
The Saints violation, much like the Miami violation in 1970 that brought them their cherished 17-0 season, led directly to a SB win.
Meanwhile, the Pats win 3 SBs quite a few years before violating the letter of the law of a new memo from the Commish, and the asterjerks come out of everywhere, including some of the worst violators, like Shula.

A lot of mediots are trying to fill the empty air before tomorrow morning. Brady's taking the NFL to Court if he isn't completely exonerated or else he wouldn't be bringing Kessler into the room tomorrow.

As Gary Myers of the NY Daily News (no friend of the Pats, but who said in yesterday's paper, as he has before, that it's obvious that Goodell started with the verdict and then fabricated the justification), wrote on Sunday, given the NFL's media revenue obsession, he's surprised they haven't sold the TV rights to the Appeal Hearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes