PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Brady Confirms Seau Signing on EEI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bring Back Antowain!

Practice Squad Player
Reaction score
Mike Reiss reports:

On the imminent signing of Junior Seau: "There is nobody like Junior. His attitude is everything. What he brings in terms of his enthusiasm, his style, his commitment. It's a great presence for everybody -- for all the players, all the coaches. There is nobody that approaches the game like he does. He's a huge asset to our team. He's an incredible player and leader. I think everybody's excited to have him."

Brady Says "there's nobody like Junior"

I post this because I wasn't sure anything would happen imminently, but it looks he definitely will be back, which is great news, IMO.

i meant Burgess....not Burress sorry just having my daily SB XLII nightmare

Wow, big news. Welcome Back Seau!

More quality depth... and leadership.

More quality depth... and leadership.

And now everyone who continued to say that the defense was old (in spite of evidence to the contrary) is just a little less wrong.

Good stuff. Given the incredible amount of personnel turnover on the defense, using spot #53 on a locker room role model seems like a smart move. (And a run-stopping ILB doesn't hurt either, of course. :))

If this guy doesn't get his ring this year...

oh yeah....watching his reaction when the Giants scored that td in the SB man i just felt for him.....

As much as I appreciate and admire Seau as a player and a person, this move causes me a bit of angst. What is BB seeing as a weakness of this D? Guts? Playmaking? Sheer lack of bodies/lack of depth at ILB? Thoughts?

As much as I appreciate and admire Seau as a player and a person, this move causes me a bit of angst. What is BB seeing as a weakness of this D? Guts? Playmaking? Sheer lack of bodies/lack of depth at ILB? Thoughts?
I think he just sees the youth at ILB in Mayo and Guyton along with OLB Woods and Crable; we've lost Brushci and Vrabel as vets to help those guys, not to mention Harrison and Seymour at other positions. Mayo and Guyton look like they'll learn fine without Seau but a guy with his knowledge and love for the game has to help.

I think he just sees the youth at ILB in Mayo and Guyton along with OLB Woods and Crable; we've lost Brushci and Vrabel as vets to help those guys, not to mention Harrison and Seymour at other positions. Mayo and Guyton look like they'll learn fine without Seau but a guy with his knowledge and love for the game has to help.

I agree. Its definitely not that BB doesnt trust the young LB's. Seau just provides leadership and another body at LB so guys like Guyton and Mayo dont have to be on the field every play. I think Seau will be a help in short yardage sitiation/running plays.

Who's more insane, the Pats thinking they can get something out of Seau or Seau thinking he can play in the NFL?

I did not want to see Seau back here,I think his leadership and quality Locker Room presence is more of what he has to offer and bring here as an asset and more of that was probably thought of than being a football player at this point in which he is way past his prime, but it is what it is.

Last edited:
This is definitely a knock on the pass rush by our OLB rushers.
banta and burgess. Our best pass rusher from the OLB spot ,when not hurt has been AD.

I see an immediate improvement in pass rush by moving AD outside and using
Mayo,Guyton,Seau and Mcgown[he does play the hybrid ILB covering TE] we will have some solid depth and more pass rush.right now AD is in the middle with guyton covering TE
i want him to rush the passer more.

Last edited:
I agree with all the post subsequent to mine. With the girth we have on the D-line and in a 4-3 (maybe), that also should alleviate the # of hits Seau would take in handling pulling guards and tackles and save his bones from a pounding and allow him to flow to the ballcarrier and blitz up the middle. Just a thought.

Don't get me wrong. I do think he can add value and still make plays and hopefully, GET A RING!!

Last edited:
We are short one backup inside linebacker. It's really that simple.

I have to admit that after seeing some of the Broncos game this matchup scared me. It seems like their motto this year is "FLuke us no Fluke you" with all there one hit wonder plays. Our defense has been what I think is still pretty good for what we have (Jerod Mayo injury) what some people say are old. I mean hell we are 8th overall in defense and 8th in offense. With Seau coming back I would say we have an amazing chance to go to the SB. If Mayo is back by the colts game we will be unstoppable.

We should be unstoppable in the AFC even if Mayo is not back for the Indy game. What matters to be is the playoffs and the Super Bowl, not the Indy game (or the saints game).

I have to admit that after seeing some of the Broncos game this matchup scared me. It seems like their motto this year is "FLuke us no Fluke you" with all there one hit wonder plays. Our defense has been what I think is still pretty good for what we have (Jerod Mayo injury) what some people say are old. I mean hell we are 8th overall in defense and 8th in offense. With Seau coming back I would say we have an amazing chance to go to the SB. If Mayo is back by the colts game we will be unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back