Brady Called Out Moss' Work Ethic Before Trade

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatsFans.com Article

Pro Bowl Player
Reaction score
Brady Called Out Moss' Work Ethic Before Trade
By: Ian Logue

According to this article by ESPN's Jeffri Chadiha, there was trouble brewing on the field last summer before the start of the season with Randy Moss here in New England....

I fixed the broken English in this. That's what I get for trying to post this before I left work for the day :rolleyes:

Check your sources. Do you really think a known Moss hater would be privy to that conversation? I sincerely doubt BB or Brady would share the details of such a conversation. The original article was discussed here, but was quickly dismissed due to the source.

Was that before or after he was going to be cut during the first training camp?

I thought it was bizarre. I was reading some of the stories from the last couple of days again, and when I read that part I was surprised.

As I wrote he brought some amazing moments and a record breaking year that helped Brady take away the TD record from Manning. That in itself makes me happy considering my dislike for the Manning brothers. :cool:

Moss did have some great moments here. I bet he'll have some serious regrets when he's older, looking back at how things worked out. I often wonder what would have happened if Brady never got injured.

That's a great point. They went 11-5 that year with Cassel, Lord only knows what that season would have brought if he hadn't gotten hurt.

I'm not so quick to discount the story, simply because there must be an explanation for his abrupt trade, and I never thought an argument between Randy and O'Brien alone was going to be the catalyst.

The offense definitely didn't 'save the day' that night in Miami, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if Brady realized the 2010 crew had the potential to be special, and Randy was ******* it up.

Who cares? Moss is history. Now the Pats have Chad who I think is a better receiver at this stage but is also in the twilight of his career.
I do not believe Moss is retired. Someone will throw him the right amount of money closer to the start of the season.

Check your sources. Do you really think a known Moss hater would be privy to that conversation? I sincerely doubt BB or Brady would share the details of such a conversation. The original article was discussed here, but was quickly dismissed due to the source.

The original article rang very true and was only dismissed by the Mossy Love crowd. The fact that the NE Patriots traded Mossy in the middle of the season (NFL in-season trades are as rare as snow in August) speaks to Mossy's work ethic. We all saw Brady babysitting a pouting Mossy on the sidelines during Mossy's time here. That baby act wears thin even if it's one of your boys.

The original article rang very true and was only dismissed by the Mossy Love crowd. The fact that the NE Patriots traded Mossy in the middle of the season (NFL in-season trades are as rare as snow in August) speaks to Mossy's work ethic. We all saw Brady babysitting a pouting Mossy on the sidelines during Mossy's time here. That baby act wears thin even if it's one of your boys.

There definitely was some tention between Brady and Moss. Moss wasn't the same player, and that tirade after week one is hard to dismiss. That all said, if Brady and BB did have such a conversation, it would have stayed between them. Chadiha is a Moss hater, and those who know this yet still believe him are in the "Mossy Hate crowd".

ESPN?

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

..at least they could have waited til the post season...:)

moving on....

If this is true, why would bill, tom, and randy (esp randy) go over the top, out of their way, to say great things about each other post trade.

I've never seen a player who was given the boot in a hurried, angry fashion, say great things about their former employer.

I think the 'moss wanted a bigger contract, knew he wasn't getting it in NE, became a bit aggitated cause of it, and decreased performance wise cause of age' explanation makes perfect sense and also explains how they can all part ways without animosity. And it would also explain why the patriots were okay with offering a 1 year contract as was rumored

Last edited:
If this is true, why would bill, tom, and randy (esp randy) go over the top, out of their way, to say great things about each other post trade.

I've never seen a player who was given the boot in a hurried, angry fashion, say great things about their former employer.

I think the 'moss wanted a bigger contract, knew he wasn't getting it in NE, became a bit aggitated cause of it, and decreased performance wise cause of age' explanation makes perfect sense and also explains how they can all part ways without animosity. And it would also explain why the patriots were okay with offering a 1 year contract as was rumored

If Moss wants to play for the Patriots it makes sense for him to sing their praises.

Regarding BB, what does he gain by publically trashing Moss? Nothing. If he praises Moss it'll be received better by others, no one likes someone who talks smack about a former co-worker.

That's a great point. They went 11-5 that year with Cassel, Lord only knows what that season would have brought if he hadn't gotten hurt.

I forgot where I read it, but I believe Cassel thanked Moss for his big contract in KC.

That one worked. Curran's actually had some terrific analysis on Moss, and I think actually had another good entry shortly after Moss was traded that had some interesting things in it.

I think this quote from the article you linked more or less summed up why Moss didn't garner any suitable interest:

"Moss' 2010 resume makes him radioactive."

Especially considering he was looking for a new contract.

Last edited:
I forgot where I read it, but I believe Cassel thanked Moss for his big contract in KC.

I know. Truth be told I was really hoping to see how Cassel performed with this team during the playoffs that year. I still can't believe 11-5 didn't get them in, especially considering some of the other teams who got in instead - but that's a whole different topic :mad:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots